Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Only got a bit of time for this last night. Beat Owl daddy after a few attempts then continued the story events and got to the corrupted monk again. Nearly beat her first go and called it a night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Second fight with owl down and demon of hatred down. I'm a shinobi wrecking ball. Off to the final boss to show him the pointy end of my sword

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Second fight with owl down and demon of hatred down. I'm a shinobi wrecking ball. Off to the final boss to show him the pointy end of my sword

Just remember, hesitation is defeat. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Best of luck, final boss is nuts.

Done. Final boss wasn't too bad once you learn his moves. Might jump back in for the shuro ending.

All in all one of the best games ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Done. Final boss wasn't too bad once you learn his moves. Might jump back in for the shuro ending.

You blew through it all a bit quick, you didnt go in blind i take it?

nix wrote: »
    You blew through it all a bit quick, you didnt go in blind i take it?

Nope, just played the **** out of it last few weeks.

Where would you rank it amongst other from software games?

Up at the top with bloodborne and dark souls. Could be my favourite but need time to digest it.

Going for the shira ending. So weird to go through this game from the start again. Absolutely decimating everything. Up to getting the mortal blade now. Took me days to get here last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Going for the shira ending. So weird to go through this game from the start again. Absolutely decimating everything. Up to getting the mortal blade now. Took me days to get here last time.

Yeah on NG+ , there is also an item that allows you to use the exp you get to up attack power instead of techniques.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

New game + is a doddle if you keep Kuro's charm. Give it back to him and its much tougher. Without the charm all enemy attacks do vitality damage even when blocked, you must learn to parry pretty much everything to avoid taking damage. Its still not as challenging as the first run through but it keeps new game + from being a walk over.

I'm kind of ready to take a break from the game. Finish these two bosses and then take the PS4 out of storage and start on 13 Sentinels and get back into deception 4.

And I'm done. Was worth doing the Shura endings, final boss fights were excellent.

Done with the game now and time to move on.

But the games true ending still eludes you, without reaching it your credentials as a true gamer are in question!

Azza wrote: »
    But the games true ending still eludes you, without reaching it your credentials as a true gamer are in question!

I got the apparent true ending. My gamer cred is intact in my mind.

I'd say I'll fight you if you say otherwise but you'll just beat me at any fighting game.

And I'm done. Was worth doing the Shura endings, final boss fights were excellent.

Done with the game now and time to move on.

"Gentle Blade"...

Gentle blade me hole!

I also love how different the final boss is in the Shura ending compared to the others. Provides a very similar challenge but with those differences that still keep you on your toes no matter how comfortable you are with him from the other endings.

Definitely some of the best boss fights in any game. I enjoyed Bloodborne, but most of the boss fights were disappointing imo. Tough as hell, but most were just large monsters, stick to their rear side and hit them. That was it. The likes of Lady Maria and Gerhman were some of the best fights in that game, or even just some of the other NPC hunter enemies you encounter.

Demons Souls, a lot of the bosses have some sort of puzzle element or specific strategy. It was just always more of a pain in the hole getting back to them if you died, even with shortcuts.

Sekiro was just a fantastic mix of everything when it came to bosses though.

The only bad boss is the bull and even then it's far from terrible. Every other boss is fantastic.

Bloodborne I found very easy once I beat Amelia. Loved the Amelia boss fight but I blitz the rest of the game after that with only the DLC getting back to that level of greatness.

Even the bull is not so bad after you learn how to stay behind him and you can also use the fire crackers to startle him.

In the best ending paths you have another flashback sequence to the Hirata Estate and face another version of Lone Shadow Masanaga, where he call in packs of dogs, another fight with Jozu the Drunkard but this time he's supported by an Interior Ministry Loneshadow with a poison ability and finally a second confrontation with the the Owl, this time the version known as Father Owl, aka the Owl in his prime.

I think its worth going back to play that sequence.

Even the bull is not so bad after you learn how to stay behind him and you can also use the fire crackers to startle him.

In the best ending paths you have another flashback sequence to the Hirata Estate and face another version of Lone Shadow Masanaga, where he call in packs of dogs, another fight with Jozu the Drunkard but this time he's supported by an Interior Ministry Loneshadow with a poison ability and finally a second confrontation with the the Owl, this time the version known as Father Owl, aka the Owl in his prime.

I think its worth going back to play that sequence.

Completed it :)

The bull wasnt a bad boss just not as satisfying as the others as it was more a dark souls type boss than sekiro.

• Advertisement

The blazing bull was grand. The sakura one was a nightmare due to the tighter space making the camera control harder.

Penn wrote: »
    The blazing bull was grand. The sakura one was a nightmare due to the tighter space making the camera control harder.

If you approach the Sakura Bull from the roof and drop down behind him undetected then throw a fire cracker you will panic him into running into the wall , which causes him to fall over which allows you to insti-kill him via a death blow.

Penn wrote: »

First time :cool:

Blazing Bull on the other hand :(

Guardian Ape also still gave me trouble on my second playthrough. His first form is just very unlike any other fight in the game with its reliance on quick hits and throws. Second form is handy. The first form is just very different from any other boss.

If you approach the Sakura Bull from the roof and drop down behind him undetected then throw a fire cracker you will panic him into running into the wall , which causes him to fall over which allows you to insti-kill him via a death blow.

That would have been nice to know.

First time :cool:

Blazing Bull on the other hand :(

Guardian Ape also still gave me trouble on my second playthrough. His first form is just very unlike any other fight in the game with its reliance on quick hits and throws. Second form is handy. The first form is just very different from any other boss.

Yeah I never minded his second phase, even with the double apes later. Much easier to fight. I think it has a bad reputation due to people thinking he only had that first phase though, which is a tough fight.

I have no idea how but I beat the Blazing Bull on my first attempt. I was streaming at the time and a friend was waiting for me to get to that point to watch me die. Wasn't sorry to disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The only bad boss is the bull and even then it's far from terrible. Every other boss is fantastic.

Bloodborne I found very easy once I beat Amelia. Loved the Amelia boss fight but I blitz the rest of the game after that with only the DLC getting back to that level of greatness.

The Bull is only a mini boss. Deflect, fire cracker, hack, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't got this game yet but i enjoy reading the posts. However, the post above just reminded me that i actually had a dream about the bull boss fight last night. I've never seen any footage of it but in my dream, you are in like a bull fighting arena throwing fire crackers like a madman and a bull getting all confused with cartoon cross eyes for effect.

I think i need a break from this thread.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I haven't got this game yet but i enjoy reading the posts. However, the post above just reminded me that i actually had a dream about the bull boss fight last night. I've never seen any footage of it but in my dream, you are in like a bull fighting arena throwing fire crackers like a madman and a bull getting all confused with cartoon cross eyes for effect.

Not far off it really, but the bull is way too mad to be cartoony.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I think you need to play Sekiro. Oh the wonderful dreams you'll have then... :D

Advertisement