Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Were the Tenchu games that difficult ? I know I finished them all but I can't remember how difficult they were I used to use a hit and rooftop strategy , but yeah I'm really edging towards wanting this

Yeah they were really bloody tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Lot's of "let's play" videos hitting YouTube. Is that usual... big reviewers uploading a let's play before they were allowed put up the official review? Anyway, just an FYI for those wanting to go in blind. I'd say there'll be spoilers doing the rounds from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lot's of "let's play" videos hitting YouTube. Is that usual... big reviewers uploading a let's play before they were allowed put up the official review? Anyway, just an FYI for those wanting to go in blind. I'd say there'll be spoilers doing the rounds from here on out.

I think Vaati does one for every new souls game. I assume the likes of him and Cowboy get copies from From though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just before this is released, twitch streamer 'the happy hobb' passed all 5 souls games without taking damage (other than fall damage, some poison damage), one after the other. Finished off with demons souls and dark souls 3 late last night/this morning. He does seem to be a bit of an ass, but quite the achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Were the Tenchu games that difficult ? I know I finished them all but I can't remember how difficult they were I used to use a hit and rooftop strategy , but yeah I'm really edging towards wanting this

I remember Tenchu being balls tough, same with Ninja Gaiden.

Couldnt get passed the first boss when i was younger.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Ninja Garden was a brilliant game. I cleared the ones on the 360 on the hardest difficulty. Some of my favorite games ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vicxas wrote: »

That first boss is so easy... once you know what to do :)

Got stuck for ages but it's a real baptism of fire. You can't just button mash, you have to know when to dodge out of a combo. It's funny going back to that boss in hard mode after you finished the game and it's so simple, whereas at the start it's infuriating!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That first boss is so easy... once you know what to do :)

Got stuck for ages but it's a real baptism of fire. You can't just button mash, you have to know when to dodge out of a combo. It's funny going back to that boss in hard mode after you finished the game and it's so simple, whereas at the start it's infuriating!

I remember it so clearly, he would just keep smashing you so me in my infinite youthful wisdom thought it was a DPS race.

Oh how wrong i was.

Great game afterwards.

The Black edition is pretty much my favourite Character action game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Unsurprisingly glowing reviews so far.

• Advertisement

The Devs seem to have nailed boss fights as they didnt have to worry about Multiplayer cheesing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Was gonna pick up Nioh Complete edition in the PS sale but I'm thinking that 20 quid could be better spent putting it towards Sekiro instead. IGN gave it 9.5, not that that means much.

skerry wrote: »
    Was gonna pick up Nioh Complete edition in the PS sale but I'm thinking that 20 quid could be better spent putting it towards Sekiro instead. IGN gave it 9.5, not that that means much.

Nioh is fantastic too. Defintely play it after Sekiro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

skerry wrote: »

Gamespot & Gameinformer have given it 9/10.
    Eurogamer & Polygon have yet to finish it but their initial review is positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone preorder on psn able to play this yet? My cousin in the UK was able to at 12pm.

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone preorder on psn able to play this yet? My cousin in the UK was able to at 12pm.

My console still shows as 8 hours and change left

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

sweetie wrote: »

Did he buy it on the AUS/NZ store?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Where will be the cheapest to pick this up argos I'm guesssing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

bigphil2 wrote:
    Did he buy it on the AUS/NZ store?

Ah he got it from simply games, he meant downloading the game to PS4!

So what time does this go live on Steam? Just wondering if I'll get any sleep before work tonight.

• Advertisement

Looks like 4pm tomorrow.... but I've been stung before and have had to wait until 3am the following day for the likes of Ace combat 7 to unlock.

So what time does this go live on Steam? Just wondering if I'll get any sleep before work tonight.

No midnight release on Steam so around 5pm tomorrow I think. Japan vpn lets you play now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

why doesn't it unlock at midnight on Steam ?

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Where will be the cheapest to pick this up argos I'm guesssing

GameStop have it at 20quid plus a trade-in from their list if you pre-order. Goes up to 30 quid after release

Because of the Americans. Can't have us playing the game before them :rolleyes:

Bastards.

Because of the Americans. Can't have us playing the game before them :rolleyes:

Bastards.
    Feck that

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

Steam is designed in such a way that games need to be unlocked manually so generally, once a day all the days releases are unlocked together.
    Big game releases normally get a midnight release because the publisher asks for it/pays for it. Why Activision didn't do this is strange, seeing as Fromsoftware did it for the Asian market and Namco Bandai did it for DS3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wasn't going to buy because its 22 hours from now instead of midnight release. But i moved to Japan instead and now i can play! Yay!

https://youtu.be/vmVM1LsbHvA

Digital Foundry tech analysis breakdown is up.

• Advertisement

Is it only a 16 gig download on PS4 ? Seems a bit small........

Advertisement