Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Options

Comments

Is it only a 16 gig download on PS4 ? Seems a bit small........

Yeah that's about right. It's 15gb on pc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Performance on console as bad as Bloodborne. Thank god im on pc. Bloodborne really suffered because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Performance on console as bad as Bloodborne. Thank god im on pc. Bloodborne really suffered because of it.

Source for that? I never had an issue with Bloodborne!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

petes wrote: »
    Source for that? I never had an issue with Bloodborne!

30 fps and frame pacing issues. Once I got used to it it didn't bother me.

It's in the Digital Foundry analysis I posted.

I think it's a quite a stretch to call Bloodbornes performance bad. 30 FPS is grand for a souls-like and outside of Byrgenwerth the game runs fine.
    No point in needlessly turning people off the console version by exaggerating the performance

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    30 fps and frame pacing issues. Once I got used to it it didn't bother me.

It's in the Digital Foundry analysis I posted.

Oh, had a look thanks.

Anyone actually notice any of this or is it delving too much.

I think it's a quite a stretch to call Bloodbornes performance bad. 30 FPS is grand for a souls-like and outside of Byrgenwerth the game runs fine.
    No point in needlessly turning people off the console version by exaggerating the performance

It wasn't the 30fps that was the problem, it was the frame pacing. You would see it as a kind of stutter on screen.

Oh, had a look thanks.

Anyone actually notice any of this or is it delving too much.

You'll notice it but it won't ruin the game on you.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It wasn't the 30fps that was the problem, it was the frame pacing. You would see it as a kind of stutter on screen.

I must fire up the PS4 again and look, can't say I've ever noticed it and I've done two playthroughs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It actually was that bad for me. I'd just started Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin on PC which was out about the same time and the performance was so bad in bloodborne that I dropped the game and played Dark souls 2 for the third time.

It's not something that will ruin the game but it is a miserable experience in comparison to 60 fps. 30 fps steady I can deal with ok but it's the frame pacing that makes everything so much worse.

• Advertisement

Have to say, unless you're looking for it you won't find it.

Played all souls games and Bloodborne for that many hours and hadn't noticed.

I say that probably as a casual gamer but are you a casual gamer putting that much time in to souls :)

Mostly, I play through a game and will do on above average difficulty but have been playing for years :)

It actually was that bad for me. I'd just started Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin on PC which was out about the same time and the performance was so bad in bloodborne that I dropped the game and played Dark souls 2 for the third time.

It's not something that will ruin the game but it is a miserable experience in comparison to 60 fps. 30 fps steady I can deal with ok but it's the frame pacing that makes everything so much worse.

Don't want think about it to be honest. Sure, throughout my souls experience ive definitely come across some issues but I just kept going and let the 'You died' message annoy me more, only because I did something stupid!

Have to say, unless you're looking for it you won't find it.

Played all souls games and Bloodborne for that many hours and hadn't noticed.

I say that probably as a casual gamer but are you a casual gamer putting that much time in to souls :)

Mostly, I play through a game and will do on above average difficulty but have been playing for years :)

Well if you've not experienced it then how can you know what you are missing? However that's not really an excuse for it.

If you want to know the difference just play Nioh on performance mode and imagine what it could be like. After 5 games From still haven't got it right yet Nioh offers a performance mode with stable 60 FPS.

I must fire up the PS4 again and look, can't say I've ever noticed it and I've done two playthroughs

Basically you've got a 30 FPS game that feels like a 20 FPS game due to judder of frame pacing issues. Just compare it to Nioh, Resi 2, DMC5 or a Platinum game.

I'd over 200 hours in Bloodborne and it's my favorite game of this generation so far but I definitely saw the stuttering. Load times were pretty annoying as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sp00k

Any word on what this will cost in Argos? Nothing on their website yet.

Well if you've not experienced it then how can you know what you are missing? However that's not really an excuse for it.

If you want to know the difference just play Nioh on performance mode and imagine what it could be like. After 5 games From still haven't got it right yet Nioh offers a performance mode with stable 60 FPS.

I'm not missing anything. I enjoyed them as they are. I've played nioh to completion twice, loved it , didn't need to delve any further.

Out on PC somehow already. Its pretty good. Feels like spider-man with the hook shot thing.

Out on PC somehow already. Its pretty good. Feels like spider-man with the hook shot thing.

:eek: How! I'm still just pre-loaded.

I'll just have to catch up on Dororo in preparation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I'm not missing anything. I enjoyed them as they are. I've played nioh to completion twice, loved it , didn't need to delve any further.

You quite literally don't know what you're missing, nor does anyone with Bloodborne since it's console exclusive and locked to 30fps. The developers have experienced it at 60+, probably. Low FPS ruins games for me, they're not responsive to my inputs. I'm very forgiving when it comes to graphics but FPS is about the actual game.

I'm interested in this but I wonder how much re-playability it has. Perhaps I'll wait a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Afraid too get this on pc as I've been burnt a few times with titles in the last while, very bad frame rates, setting all turned down, just cause 4 for example was almost unplayable, gtx 770, 5-4670, 8 gigs of ram.

Afraid too get this on pc as I've been burnt a few times with titles in the last while, very bad frame rates, setting all turned down, just cause 4 for example was almost unplayable, gtx 770, 5-4670, 8 gigs of ram.

How did dark souls 3 run. Meant to be similar

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How did dark souls 3 run. Meant to be similar

I never got it on pc :pac:

It's totally single player? Wait for optimisation patches etc and don't put money down for a sub par experience in that instance regardless of platform.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nah FromSoft games are among the few games that are best played at launch. Discovering their secrets and nuances along with the rest of the world is one of the unique joys of this studio’s games.

And they always nerf some of the really fun stuff after a few weeks ;)

She's out on PC. **** work tomorrow.

Just played a little past the tutorial area. Fantastic stuff so far. Also running butter smooth on a 1070. Flawless 60 fps.

One crash though when I first got the sword which was weird.

Haven't figured out how to do more damage or get extra health yet. Extra skills aren't cutting it so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Running great on PC, smooth 60 FPS on a 970 so definitely the way to go if you have the option.

Super challenging so far even by From standards. It's Bloodborne on steroids. Almost certainly the best looking game they've met, some truly stunning environments and art direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Liam9653

This game and idea are beautiful. It’s just impossible to expect another great studio from this one, I think it is already a masterpiece. Today I will install it and test it in action, I was very much waiting for it to be released :)

Advertisement