Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMC Fault HKC SecureWatch alarm

Options
  • 11-06-2018 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello
    First time poster.
    I have a HKC secure watch alarm c.15yrs old.
    Alarm was serviced last Dec.

I'm getting an intermittent DMC alarm yellow & red right on panel. Entering the user code makes it go away but it always returns (sometimes in middle of night) !!!

The alarm isn't monitored nor is a text digi dialler installed..the board is too old, and I would like to disable the dialler function

Is this possible, I don't have the engineer codes..and I'd like to spare a 2nd call out so soon after first due to financial constraint's.

Help would be appreciated by experts on Boards please.

Fidel

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Strange that you are getting this if there was never a dialler installed.
    You could try a power cycle. After that a full default & after that its a new panel I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fidelcastro

Hi Koolkid

Thanks for the reply. Details are a sketchy on my side as the alarm was installed before we moved into our house.

I believe the following is correct ( I should have been clearer)

1. There is a dialer installed, but its an old analog type. The reason I think this is true as the Alarm Eng. said I would need a new panel PCB in response to my query about getting a text dialer installed.

2. The landline is disconnected to the panel. I know this since 4yrs ago there was an issue with the Fibre Broadband we have.

So I was hoping it would be possible to set an option to disable the dialer completely either in a menu setting or by open/shorting a link on the panel PCB.

Re power cycling, should I remove the panel battery backup, and if so would I need to re-programme the panel afterwards.

I don't have an engineers code, could you possible PM it to me ?

Thanks Fidel

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

If you have a hkc dialler. To remove fault you will need eng code. If you dont, your will need to default. Power down 230v plus battery. If eng locked you will need a call out from eng who can default panel. If they say they cant default with lock on, tell them to get on their bicyle . Because all good engs can default like myself. They are look for sale on new panel. Look at pcb its printed on the board.

Hi David
    Thanks for the help & the Tips to watch out for....

I didnt quite follow your last sentance "Look at pcb its printed on the board".
    What is that for?.

About the Eng, the original firm who installed this system are out-of-business now,
    Could I get it from HKC direct I wonder,

The firm which serviced the alarm last Dec insisted that I constantly unset the alarms as they were fixing a broken contact,

Are engineer codes kept same , or can a firm change the engineering code to suit themselves.

PS

I just read the mod's message about not PM'ing eng codes, I shouldnt have written that ( was following very old threads before joining boards last night). Lesson learnt

Hkc have what you want on pcb in main panel. And there is a default pull off in around centre of pcb. That will donit for you.

• Advertisement

Hi Dave
    Sorry for being a bit dense, do you mean that there is a Link on the PCB board which I could remove to disable the dialler function.

if so that is good news, I can try it out when I get out of work...

Yes. If engineer locked as i said earlier you will nerd an engineer to do it.

Wont only default dialler, but whole panel. Thats the way it works. Take dialler off pbc when powered down. Then with link off power up and default.

Wont only default dialler, but whole panel. Thats the way it works. Take dialler off pbc when powered down. Then with link off power up and default.

Thanks David. So seems I need the eng code and with that you can default PCB by powering down PCB.

But with no eng code removing dialler can't be done...

When you power down with link off, power up what does it say on remote keypad?

• Advertisement
Advertisement