Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Okay what the actual is going on with Rialto

Options
  • 11-06-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, property prices for that area are utterly insane. Has someone embarked on some sort of publicity campaign that this is the new hip area. Someone called it the new Ranelagh but I have my doubts.

Now I'm not rubbishing the area but 300K starting for a 3 bed flat in the apartments - what am I missing here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Pssst it’s not just Rialto....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

ted1 wrote: »
    Pssst it’s not just Rialto....

No seriously it is to this level. A two bed house on Rueben Street will set you back 425K, I don't know if you've been on that street or the surrounding area and what you thought of it but it's not a nice as areas which are meant to be rough like Kilbarrack or Edenmore.

Thanks I was trying to remember where had said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

How do you value your time?
    It's waking distance to the city centre so you don't need a car.
    What you pay for in money, you save on time commuting.

• Advertisement

How do you value your time?
    It's waking distance to the city centre so you don't need a car.
    What you pay for in money, you save on time commuting.

It's a 40 minute walk to O'Connell bridge and bang on two miles, that's busing it territory for me.

I'm can be at Tara street in under 20 minutes from D5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Rialto is near St James Hospital and the New national Childrens Hospital so a lot of medical professionals will be interested in a house near there.

South Circular Rd Mosque are next door neighbours, a lot of high flying engineers, doctors, scientists etc. are of that persuasion and, being teetotallers, they will have extra cash on hand to put into bricks and mortar. Additionally they are not averse to living in extended family units sharing housing with several brothers and sisters and their family members, multi generational housing in the one unit, something like the Irish used to do in the 40's and 50's. They are also the type of people to use public transport and not own a car and all its attendant costs. In short they will cut costs in all areas to cover costs in two key areas, housing and education. That's why they are where they are today in this country today, doctors, scientists engineers etc... I worked with a few of them and my wife also worked with a good few of them and its not the usual stereotype of badly educated people that one encounters in the UK etc.

I would guess that Rialto and the SCR will become a Muslim district in a very short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭spakman

The pink pound (or euro) is a significant factor also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's a 40 minute walk to O'Connell bridge and bang on two miles, that's busing it territory for me.

I'm can be at Tara street in under 20 minutes from D5.

Luas would be a better option if that's the case.

Luas would be a better option if that's the case.

Thats true it's just down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

It's close to town. IFSC/Silicon Docks are 20 mins on the Luas. With prices in the rest of D8 and Harold's Cross, Rathmines so high, it's natural that people are looking to traditionally cheaper adjacent areas.

The demographic comments made by a few other posters are a bit of a reach, it's just geography. Though the point about the proximity to hospitals is relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

And thats some kitchen to that house, where is the other half to the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

No seriously it is to this level. A two bed house on Rueben Street will set you back 425K, I don't know if you've been on that street or the surrounding area and what you thought of it but it's not a nice as areas which are meant to be rough like Kilbarrack or Edenmore.

Period houses command a premium, Reuben St is cheaper than anywhere else in D8.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭breeno

James 007 wrote: »
    And thats some kitchen to that house, where is the other half to the kitchen.

Hang on. That house was up for 415k and ended up going for 515k according to PPR?? Crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Reuben Street at night is an entertaining place.

Even during the day you can see the one house with a problem family in it as you drive past.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The new children's hospital.

All the new trendy urbanites and well educated middle eastern folk will eventually overwhelm the locals and it will become very desirable.

Advertisement