Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunshaughlin 10k 23/6/17

Options
  • 12-06-2018 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

Last year's thread

Route

Website

One of the best races in the Dublin area - a fast, flat route, strong field, good local support, and a pile of food afterwards...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

RayCun wrote: »
    Last year's thread

Route

Website

One of the best races in the Dublin area - a fast, flat route, strong field, good local support, and a pile of food afterwards...

Will sign up this weekend, its a great 10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Can't wait! Did it 2 years ago and really enjoyed it - good standard of runners means a fast pace. Missed last year due to injury so really looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

One of the best races in the Dublin area

Jaysis the Meath men would love reading that........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

OOnegative wrote: »
    Jaysis the Meath men would love reading that........

Sure don't they all want to be Dubs anyway?
    :D

Sure don't they all want to be Dubs anyway?
    :D

Sit back with a cup of coffee and watch this unfold!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Sit back with a cup of coffee and watch this unfold!!!!!!

Not many Meath men on the A/R forum to fight there corner.

OOnegative wrote: »
    Not many Meath men on the A/R forum to fight there corner.

A bit like their football team:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Last year's thread

Route

Website

Yes indeed, it's a good one. A friend of mine in Dublin entered me a month or so ago I think, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Looking at my confirmation email, it looks like I selected number postage,  but I haven't received anything yet. Anyone else?

Edit: remembering last year, I think it was collection on the night, not to worry!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Best 10k around these parts in my opinion, nice route, really well run - a proper club race put on by runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

ReeReeG wrote:
    Looking at my confirmation email, it looks like I selected number postage, but I haven't received anything yet. Anyone else?

Just got it today

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Another excellent race hosted by Dunshauglin AC. Weather was warm, saw a good few drop out or start walking in the first 4km. Tonight was good for me, 25 sec pb and a 17sec negative split :) Felt strong the whole way around and heat wasn't a factor for me - guess it was just one of those races that everything goes right. Went out conservatively due to the heat and spent the last 8-9km passing people - just goes to show the importance of starting slow!

Only gripe with the race is the t-shirt is awful! the cut is terrible and the quality feels sh!te - not like 42k clothing in my experience, I think I got a dodgy one but the hem is like a rollercoaster going up and down and is actually unwearable - mad I didn't try it on before leaving but this does not detract from an awesome race, fast field, well marshalled, plenty of water stops on a hot day and a decent spread after - what more could you ask for!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Agreed. A great atmosphere and you really got the feeling it was a runners event. Quality field up and down, particularly when you consider that almost the entire field got around in about the hour.

Matched the personal best I got last week in Kildare (however this one at least measured the 10K so arguably I was about 10-15 seconds quicker than last week). Appreciated the wide start but again the majority of runners lined up in the correct zones and made it a nice free flowing start.

Nice start off and then it felt like I just got faster as it went on. Mind you, still just about made the top 400. Again just shows the raw quality of the field out there. A lovely route though. Well supported and an abundance of water stops. Only scare/concern was my wife had a fall and has a few war wounds to show for it. She’s all okay though and got great attention by the Civil Defence Force back in the community center. A massive thanks to the lady who brought her back from about the 6K mark.

Not a great day for me. Just after 4k i struggled. It wasnt the heat just didnt click again. Same old story this year. Got no tshirt as none left.
    Time 43:15 was aiming for 41:59.

Great race, great supporters, great weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Great run as always, I was just emerging from a dose of something so figured something around 41 was a reasonable target especially after the Pride Run on Fri evening & parkrun on Sat morning. A friend of mine was there as well hoping to go under 40 so he kicked off further ahead at the start, caught up to him around the 4k mark as he was suffering a bit so ran with him the rest of the way until he decided to throw in a spring to the finish to finish a bit ahead of me :)

Advertisement