Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail notification issue

Options
  • 12-06-2018 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Being from Germany and new here i have a little problem with the settings when i follow a thread. If i press the „Follow“ button and deactivate the mail notification i still get a mail for every single post. ;)

So i went into my personal settings and tried to deactivate the mails. This action was denied with a little „oops“ when i wanted to save the changes. I went to the next option of a weekly mail notification, safed the settings and failed again. Whatever i try i get a mail for every single post of my „Follow“ threads.

It´s probably my fault but could someone put me into the right direction to avoid all these mails? And yes, i´ve read all the topics at the FAQ/Help section. :angel:

Otherwise i´m absolutely fascinated by this forum. For an outsider there could be no better place to learn about irish people, their thinking and normal living and it´s problems from the insider perspective. Thanks a lot for that.:D

Reason behind is that i am contemplating to come to Ireland when there is time to retire in a few years time. Don´t worry my pension will be more than sufficient to guarantee me a decent living in a little house, a little boat to cruise around and a few visits to the local pubs as well.

P.s. If someone is travelling through german papers or forums a little translator is helpful and quite a bit better than Google translate: deepl.com

Thanks in advance...:)

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi black forest,

Welcome to Boards. Changing the default will only change how notifications are presented from here on out. I can, however, change your default subscription status for future followed threads if you like.

You may need to change your Subscriptions for previously followed threads. You can do so here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Tick the checkbox next to any thread that says Instant and then scroll down to the end of the page. From the dropdown menu select No e-mail notification under the Update Subscription Type heading and click Go.

I hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Hi Mark,

please do so. That would be fantastic.:D

I have changed the settings for subscription of my "follow" threads at least a dozen times and always chose the "no mail notification" option. Even unsubsribing and reactivating the "Follow" button did not solve the problem. I still get a mail for every single post made in these threads.

As a default i will probably have to unsubscribe all threads and just subsribe to the whole sub forum.

Thanks a lot... ;)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I've tweaked that setting, so hopefully that helps.

Advertisement