Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

Oh re: that gear you can't dismantle, you can store it in your ships storage. Only just noticed theres a storage box behind the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Oh re: that gear you can't dismantle, you can store it in your ships storage. Only just noticed theres a storage box behind the helm.

Added yesterday in a patch.

I cant find the scroll on Mykonos in the cave were the rebels are, this will bug me a lot.

Mykonos was an excellent island for missions definitely my favorite so far.

Finished the Daggers one myself tonight decided to let them hug it out only for
    brother to kill the other and me to Spartan kick the f'er over the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say, the one thing p*sing me off is assassinations not always assassinating people of an equal or lower level, captains and polemachs or whoever. Even the critical kill or other assassination skills can't kill them in one hit.

I could understand if they were a higher level, but if they're the same level, the critical kill assassination should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I finished the first island earlier I feel. Battered the level 5 mercenary once I had levelled up to his level & got a hammer. Then got my boat
    by killing Cyclops after Kassandra put the obsidian eye up a goat.
    I can't see any missions elsewhere.
    So not sure if I'll set sail yet. Is there any way of telling if you have every mission done??

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    I finished the first island earlier I feel. Battered the level 5 mercenary once I had levelled up to his level & got a hammer. Then got my boat
    by killing Cyclops after Kassandra put the obsidian eye up a goat.
    I can't see any missions elsewhere.
    So not sure if I'll set sail yet. Is there any way of telling if you have every mission done??

Go somewhere and they will appear, Side missions are an Exclamation mark (the best missions) I dont bother with the mission boards and then main missions at your leisure. There are some missions that are longterm Caves, Forts and Leader houses.

Mega spoilers below.
    Phoibe!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Also FYI no matter how hard you try you cant kill Akiabiades, I hope I get a mission to kill that annoying twat.

From the moment she showed up again in Athens I knew it was over.
    Love Akiabiades. His quests get funnier and funnier. :D

I told him no at a certain point when he wanted me to get citizenship for a friend and I found out his friend past then Scrototes tried to guilt me, hope I get to kill those assholes later.

Actually Perikles shows up as a leader, so I wonder if I can just kill him and not have to deal with him anymore. Might fire up the xbox just to see if I can now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I saw the spoiler coming myself dreamers75, but it was still sad!
    I got fairly riled up and was lucky that
    other sibling showed up
    , or i would have done it :D

This is rivaling W3 and ZOOT as best game ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im enjoying it 10x more than the witcher 3.
    Put it this way i got bored of W3 on 3 attempts to do a play through , not getting more than 4 or 5 hours into ti and all the time i was thinking when will i start to enjoy this? Probably more my patience more than the games fault.
    With odyssey its just fun all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This is rivaling W3 and ZOOT as best game ever.

Really?

So the Tier system!
    Is there any point in killing these guys if others just take their place, or am I doing it wrong...? :)

At least with the cultists, they are gone for good once killed.

I am recruiting them every time I see them, between them and the Polemarcs noone is going to **** with my ship :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you check the bottom of the screen you get certain economic perks for moving up the tier. Plus when you reach number 1 you get a trophy. Also some of them relate to the story in a way I won't spoil...

You only move up the tier of you kill a fella higher level than your current level?

You only move up the tier of you kill a fella higher level than your current level?

Yeah thats how it works, you essentially take their spot in the higher tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

People who take photos on the fast travel points really grinds my gears.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yeah thats how it works, you essentially take their spot in the higher tier.

So if I'm level 18 and I kill a level 20 lad I move up?

So if I'm level 18 and I kill a level 20 lad I move up?

No no level has nothing to do with it. It's the tier they are in so if say you are tier 6 and you kill one who is in tier 4 then you take their place in that tier.

What the hell is with the veins on the characters arms lol :confused:

No no level has nothing to do with it. It's the tier they are in so if say you are tier 6 and you kill one who is in tier 4 then you take their place in that tier.

I get ya cheers!

• Advertisement

People who take photos on the fast travel points really grinds my gears.

I hope they patch in the option to turn them off by default. If I wanted to see random people's pics of them playing the game... Actually I don't want to see random people's pics of them playing the game. Not when I'm playing the game anyway.

What the hell is with the veins on the characters arms lol :confused:

As in the character that you play with?
    I thought they were scars! :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    As in the character that you play with?
    I thought they were scars! :)

Look at the arms of literally everyone with bare arms in the cut scenes . It's the same. It's really jarring.

I would like to hire the mercs myself for when a fort goes tits up.

Look at the arms of literally everyone with bare arms in the cut scenes . It's the same. It's really jarring.

There are definitely scars on Kassandra's arms, but yeah I can see a lot of blue veins on their arms too. But considering how muscley most of the characters are, it's not surprising. I don't think it's too off-putting anyway, only really notice it on some parts.

Took this last night, I think we need a bigger boat :-/

44039991_1059027570924647_489284465361682432_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&oh=09906c241e156c9d91fd329f7898d2c9&oe=5C5AC817

:pac:

Oh shít, I hope I don't notice that.
    Finally a use for my bad vision :)

Advertisement