Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

63 hours, 61%, level 41 and 1915 people killed.

Shame there isnt a stat for the amount of civilians I have critically injured by running over them on my horse, landing on them on my horse or booping them off mountains and houses.

I just met
    my father
    and have 4 (north) islands and the west of the map to explore.

22 Cultists dead and they are becoming harder and harder to locate, went several levels without killing one.

Ship crew are all legendary polemarch and Roxana.

The Minotaur has kicked my arse so many times i had reload an earlier save to go find Thesus armour, then I will get him. He has a stupid amount of health and in 2nd part can 2 hit you to death.

Biggest gripe is the gear leveling, its impossible to keep your gear leveled with you, there are not enough animals or trees in the game to keep them up. So I am rocking a mostly level 23 Snake Set at level 41 :/ in Hindsight to get the best gear maybe wait until you are level 40ish to go after the cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Go to the Blacksmith dreamers and level up you gear to your current level!
    If you can afford it that is... :)

Money isnt an issue its wood and pelts, I need about 40,000 to get all my gear up. Maybe 10k for what I have equipped.

I killed some cultists early so the Agemmon and Immortal parts i have are level 15 or so.

Realised that early on re: resources so got into the habit of going to the blacksmith every time im near one and buying whatever he has. Also don't sell him gear if you can help it, always break that down. The game won't let you sell or destroy any of the legendary items so no risk of accidentally doing that. Any other nice pieces I find get put into storage. I'm also not upgrading anything except my weapons if I can help it and I've been doing fine with just the blue or purple gear I get along the way. I will always engrave it though.

Oh, I thought it was just straight up money that was required, my mistake :)

Hopefully the grind isn't too awful!

Like Enfilade, I've been breaking down any non coloured, under level gear as I go along! I have an butt load of resources for most things :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Biggest gripe is the gear leveling, its impossible to keep your gear leveled with you, there are not enough animals or trees in the game to keep them up. So I am rocking a mostly level 23 Snake Set at level 41 :/ in Hindsight to get the best gear maybe wait until you are level 40ish to go after the cult.

Would the bonus stats for having a full set of a particular armour at such a lower level be better than having rare/epic armour of the level you're at?

It's interesting what you say about the Cult though. I've been killing as many as I can find when I can find them to upgrade the spear and unlock better abilities (got it to Level 4 over the weekend), but if you think it's better to hang off on them, I might do so.

On another question regarding resources, where's the best place to find the ancient tablets or whatever for upgrading the ship? I have enough wood/money/iron etc for more upgrades but I'm out of the tablets and can't remember where I got them. Is it caves and stuff?

Ancient tables are in the ruined temples of apollo etc. You'll know them as they are just a pile of rubble and columns. They all have x4 ancient tablets. I saw a site that had the maps the game wanted you to pay 10 euro for posted . I'll see if I can find it again. It had the legendary chest locations too.

EDIT: here https://holdtoreset.com/collectibles-locations-map-assassins-creed-odyssey/

I have done over 10 forts and the big chest within so money isnt an issue, its the damn ingredients. Even breaking down every weapon still leaves me short.

The Snake kit gives 10% poison on all my attacks, its kinda cool. I can hit someone and they insta poisoned.

Ohhh found something, go to my marker on the map. Nothing shows up but there is something there.

44093809_2019626071410169_7324793997199671296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&oh=af1707447f2577e3868b34871f7e7f81&oe=5C530C9F

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

From what i hear just upgrade one weapon that suits your build is enough to be upgrading, everything else just random gear is fine.
    Thats playing on nightmare too which is what im doing so there is no no need to be upgrading everything until you get close to max level.
    I imagine playing on normal or hard there is definitely no need to be always upgrading gear.

Im actually trying to stop playing it until my new PC arrives, expecting it late this week.
    Ive started to play Black flag meanwhile since i never bothered with it before :P but im finding it bloody hard to resist odyssey :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

None of ye like my whale picture :'(?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How will the thesus armor help with the minatour?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I hope it doesnt I dismantled it on accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

None of ye like my whale picture :'(?

I'm not sure was it stuck on the ship or jumping over it like an Olympic high jump.

One of the dudes that went in stated you had to wear it, not sure which one but he said it a lot.

I just got the myceanan armour all level 42 with 5 star bonuses so thats me sorted for a while.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    One of the dudes that went in stated you had to wear it, not sure which one but he said it a lot.

I just got the myceanan armour all level 42 with 5 star bonuses so thats me sorted for a while.

Where do you get the thesus armor?

Do the bonuses stack or no? I have the 20% to spartan kick on a a few pieces just because it was the only one worth while putting on at the time and don't see it making a difference after the 1st one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No they dont stack..

Finished a mission where I had to save some soldiers. Just had to go talk to one of the soldiers when a bounty hunter showed up. Fine, I'll take them on. Fighting away, no help from the soldiers I saved. Fair enough, its not their fight. Get the bounty hunter down to last sliver of health, figure I'll recruit her for my ship
    Spartan Kick her... No, wasn't enough to kill her, but one more should do it. Just have to wait for it to re... THWACK!... She takes a fire arrow to the chest and is killed.

REALLY, SOLDIER? NOW YOU DECIDE TO HELP?! STOOD BY AND DID NOTHING THEN, EVEN IF I WASN'T GOING TO RECRUIT HER, DECIDE TO STEAL MY KILL?!

300 Spartans won't be able to protect you if I see you become available to kill...

Where do you get the thesus armor?

In Messara I found 2 pieces, one from that questline and one from the guy who wanted me to start a war.

I finally killed that ****er of a boar last night,level 18 and played it on easy and the little bolox still gave me trouble . He was level 13, I hate to see how hard the next ones will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I finally killed that ****er of a boar last night,level 18 and played it on easy and the little bolox still gave me trouble . He was level 13, I hate to see how hard the next ones will be.

Do you mean the kalydonian boar. I found a YouTube video that gave good advice. Basically you need paralysing arrows and you use them on the 4 small boars to paralyse them so no more can spawn. Then use the devasting shot with paralysing arrows to take big blocks off its health.

Wait till you meet his buddies
    (3 more Lion, Deer, Hyena)
    :D
    That Hyena was taking the piss, laughing as he killed me repeatedly :D

I've done the deer (hind) and lion since. Actually found them a bit easier. Mostly the same tactic, just dodge and stay behind them as much as possible. Just take it as standard that their attacks can't be parried, so focus on either dodging to their rear, or if they're winding up for a big attack, hold dodge and roll out of the danger zone. Poison/Fire attacks work well too, and with the lion take out the normal lions with arrows from higher ground first.

**** killed the wrong twin :(

Just noticed that in mercenary tier 4 the cost of upgrading the ship is reduced by 20%. So hold off on the more expensive upgrades until then it seems. Wish I'd paid more attention to that sooner.

Just noticed that in mercenary tier 4 the cost of upgrading the ship is reduced by 20%. So hold off on the more expensive upgrades until then it seems. Wish I'd paid more attention to that sooner.

Where do you see that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Anyone fight Brontos yet? That was a tough unexpected fight.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Where do you see that info?

just hover the cursor over the tiers in the merc screen, each tier gives you different bonus.

just hover the cursor over the tiers in the merc screen, each tier gives you different bonus.

Thanks, I knew there was some trick to it!
    Couldn't see any writing in that screen and thought I was losing it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just an FYI on the pictures thing, in case anyone didn't notice, you can change which pictures are shown on the map (R2 on PS4 when on the map). Choose between All, Friends or your own. Gets rid of them feckers that are putting photos on fast travel points so they get the likes...

Advertisement