Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just an FYI on the pictures thing, in case anyone didn't notice, you can change which pictures are shown on the map (R2 on PS4 when on the map). Choose between All, Friends or your own. Gets rid of them feckers that are putting photos on fast travel points so they get the likes...

Yeah but they come back once you turn off and on the game. There should be a way to turn them off always by default.

Wish they'd added a buy all option for the blacksmith materials pain having to hold right.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Went to kill a bear, got distracted and ended out winning the olympics and setting a Mercenary and his dog on fire by accident.
    #

pretty much sums up this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I like the sexy sailors you get for winning the Olympics. Now me and me lovely's are sailing around with female voiced chanteys. It really puts the cherry on my lesbian romp through the archipelago.

Late-ish in the main story quest(78%).

Minor annoyance.

Anyone get to Arkadia in the story and find you cant actually do what Brasildas wants you do if you didnt do what he asked previously......like 25 levels ago.....

I had no option to not kill Lagos, because I didnt kill the Monger in the cave. i saved his family after choosing Brasildas option but when I met Lagos the conversation had no way to avoid killing him.

FYI I tried to kill him in the cave but **** got out of hand and I ran away ie outside and killed him after I whittled away his guards.

So 30 hours later I get punished for that.

3 dudes away from being top mercenary, top dude is in Makedonia for me, gonna hunt him morrow.

• Advertisement

Something I read on Reddit this morning that I didn't know about when it comes to side quest icons. The ones with the gold outline and exclamation marks are ones tied to the main story, or a small set of connected side-stories. The white ones with two arrows diverging are ones where your decisions in previous missions have caused these missions (eg. if in a previous mission you had to do A or B and you picked B, these missions are the result of you picking B and seeing the consequences of same). The white ones with an hourglass are basically money/resource missions, not story-linked or with consequences, but just help you gain money/resources fairly easily.

I couldn't really tell what the white symbols in the black diamonds were before, so haven't really been doing a lot of those missions anyway. For a while I thought maybe one was for Athenians and one for Spartans. Anyway, this'll help me so hope it helps others to know about it too.

As for last nights adventures, based on what someone else here said a while ago, I decided to stop hunting the Cult for a while and let them hopefully scale in level with me so I could get better gear when I did kill them. Accidentally took out three of them last night.
    One in a ship when I was sailing (I thought it was just an elite ship, didn't realise it was the cult symbol until after I killed the guy). One in the fighting arena. And then the minotaur side missions.
    Oops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The white and black diamond ones are Odyssey mission or story missions to be precise, that are untracked. Once you track them, they turn the standard gold symbol of the story missions :)

I didn't realise about the diverging story ones! That's a nice find, I'll look out for them later!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Satisfaction in giving
    Stentor
    a Spartan Kick off the cliff is real :D

Ummmm I really want to say something about this but I won't...
    Let's just say you're going to be very surprised... :D

That fucker CAN NOT be still alive...he fell literally 100 feet to his death! But...I didn't find a body :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

That fucker CAN NOT be still alive...he fell literally 100 feet to his death! But...I didn't find a body :rolleyes:

Well theres no way he walked away from the hammering i gave him..Cut him right up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I've been playing as Kassandra and she doesn't seem to be too fussy who she sleeps with , male or female .

I just finished the quest in Lokris / Red Lake Bay where you have to retrieve a sword and shield for Supideo. (He's locked himself in a cage )

I thought the lines at the ending of the quest were really funny .

Spoiler -

I seduced the blacksmith and killed the thief .

The speech at the end after the truth came out -
    "You killed his mother and ****ed his father "

Haha

The mercenaries are fun , although when I assassinated one of the cultists , a load of civilians attacked me and bumped my wanted level to 4 .
    Than three of four mercenaries appeared out of nowhere and sliced me to bits while simultaneously setting me on fire and poisoning me .

On the positive side , I was dead before their pet lions/wolves got to me :D

Just beat No 1 Merc and i only went up one place :(

Im number 4 now and only killing the ones above, I have 5 stars in Sparta so dont have to wait long for one of them to show up.

I fought the Minotaur that was an amazing battle. Overpower shot and Poseidon's Trident got me through. I didnt have the armour I was supposed to use as it was lame ass blue stuff. Took me 4 times to do it but god damn it felt good to drop him.

I fought the Minotaur that was an amazing battle. Overpower shot and Poseidon's Trident got me through. I didnt have the armour I was supposed to use as it was lame ass blue stuff. Took me 4 times to do it but god damn it felt good to drop him.

Moments away from that battle myself! While I do have the armour, i levelled up since getting it, so gotta pop by a blacksmith and upgrade it :)

EDIT: Wait, do I need to be Level 40 to do this, it's a level 40 mission, but the setup missions were not that high at all! I'm only level 30 :(

yup I did it at 44 and it was still very tough.

yup I did it at 44 and it was still very tough.

Feck sake!
    Spent all my money and resources upgrading stuff to level 30!
    I might go back to an earlier save file now, I feel a bit cheated :)

I did it at 40 failed many many times, went back at 45 (he levels up too) with the Myceanean Full Epic armour and a Legendary Spear, used the spear when far away and switched to dagger when I got the chance.

Its a tough ****ing fight, only whatever is on Lesbos to kill to finish that mission. Cyclops was kinda easy compared to the Minotaur for some reason, I guess its the EYE ;)

Is it possible to miss/lose a piece of legendary armour when killing Cultists? I don't have the Snake set Torso piece even though I killed the Cultist who had it, but I'm sure I looted their body (would have had to confirm kill to get the clue for the Sage who I did kill). Unless the torso piece was in a chest where I found him and I didn't collect it.

Penn wrote: »
    Is it possible to miss/lose a piece of legendary armour when killing Cultists? I don't have the Snake set Torso piece even though I killed the Cultist who had it, but I'm sure I looted their body (would have had to confirm kill to get the clue for the Sage who I did kill). Unless the torso piece was in a chest where I found him and I didn't collect it.

The first fella, Elpenor had that...I got it last night

Ah yeah they're long dead, but I presume I didn't dismantle it as you can't dismantle Legendaries, and it's not in the storage box on my ship or in my inventory, so don't know where it is. I might take a wander back to where I killed him and see if it's in a chest there or lying on the ground or something. Think it's the only piece I need to complete that set which would go great with my build (as I got a bow last night that converts standard arrows to poison).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

ummmm... :D

Did you 'confirm' the kill?

Hmm,i think i did if i remember..

now that i think about it,i cant be sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I didn't know you had to confirm the kill. They really should have thought that part through there, I bet everyone kicks him off. I got to Sparta just yesterday and I was so confused when Kassandra said she left him alive.

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Hmm,i think i did if i remember..

now that i think about it,i cant be sure..

The cultist would still be marked on your map if you didnt confirm the kill.

Ah yeah they're long dead, but I presume I didn't dismantle it as you can't dismantle Legendaries, and it's not in the storage box on my ship or in my inventory, so don't know where it is. I might take a wander back to where I killed him and see if it's in a chest there or lying on the ground or something. Think it's the only piece I need to complete that set which would go great with my build (as I got a bow last night that converts standard arrows to poison).

Ha, just went back to where I killed him and not only was his body still there, but sure enough so was the torso piece.

Ha, just went back to where I killed him and not only was his body still there, but sure enough so was the torso piece.

Amazing! How long ago, gameplay hours was that? :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Amazing! How long ago, gameplay hours was that? :D

At least 10, maybe even 15 :D

I'm guessing it was only still there since I didn't collect the legendary item first time around. Can't imagine it'll still be there if I went back again

Advertisement