Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn wrote: »
    I've a load of coins from previous ubi games but haven't spent any since probably AC Revelations. Already used a few on this game. Might pick up Bayek too (depending on his stats).

He's legendary anyway, like Evie is in the Club app also!
    I bought him for the 40 coins, but I don't think I'm high enough level to use him yet, as he's not there to select! I'm level 33 by the way, so he better be useable soon :mad:

I'm stared to skip a lot of the side quests and get on with it. If anyone wants to suggest ones that I don't skip or regions please throw them out there.

I've to go to lesbos I know for a quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm stared to skip a lot of the side quests and get on with it. If anyone wants to suggest ones that I don't skip or regions please throw them out there.

I've to go to lesbos I know for a quest.

You will wanna do all the side quests except the black mindless ones to get to 50 unless you complete every question mark.

Yeah just found Roxanna as I had to go there in pursuit of a cultist. It's in the obsidian islands.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

marcbrophy wrote: »
    He's legendary anyway, like Evie is in the Club app also!
    I bought him for the 40 coins, but I don't think I'm high enough level to use him yet, as he's not there to select! I'm level 33 by the way, so he better be useable soon :mad:

Upgrade the ship to slot in more dudes.

Legendary Polemarchs are the way to go on the ship.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Upgrade the ship to slot in more dudes.

Legendary Polemarchs are the way to go on the ship.

I have it upgraded for 4, it's just he's not there!
    Even though I bought the reward!
    Maybe just needs a restart!
    I'll see again tomorrow if he turns up :)

I've never left a single enemy alive anywhere, so I can never recruit them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm over 50 hours into the game. On Chapter 9. And I only found out last night you can call your ship to any Dock you go to.

I've been fast travelling to my ship, which could have been the complete other side of the map from where I was or wanted to go, and sailing it huge distances for no god damn reason.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great game and all but can it really be called Assassins creed anymore? not really assassinating anyone :confused:

Great game and all but can it really be called Assassins creed anymore? not really assassinating anyone :confused:

I still focus way more on assassinating people than just straight up attack. Even the Cult members, I'll try take out any guards nearby then go for an assassination.

The trouble I find is your assassination attack doesn't always work and only takes some of their health, which means you end up in a fight. Even with as much engraving and gear as possible to boost assassin stats, it only takes half the health of some enemies.

I'm over 50 hours into the game. On Chapter 9. And I only found out last night you can call your ship to any Dock you go to.

I've been fast travelling to my ship, which could have been the complete other side of the map from where I was or wanted to go, and sailing it huge distances for no god damn reason.

I can imagine that's very easy thing to happen and would say you're far from alone!

Luckily I figured it out at the first port, but as a result, barely use the ship!

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I can imagine that's very easy thing to happen and would say you're far from alone!

Luckily I figured it out at the first port, but as a result, barely use the ship!

I was just caught on the hop last night as I was in Athens, right in the middle of the map, my ship was all the way to the left of the map, and I needed to go to near the very top right of the map. Thought "There has to be an easier way of doing this" :D

Luckily I googled it, realised how stupid I'd been (Of course they'd put a function like that into the game!), fast travelled as close I could to the nearest unlocked dock to my destination, called my ship and sailed from there. The numerous loading times were still only about 10% of the time I would have had to have sailed for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hear ya but i for one am delighted with this change in direction.
    Its a full blown rpg and its fantastic, better than the witcher 3 imho then again i never got past 5 hours of that before boredom set in :o
    No such thing in ACO,my game of the year easily.

Dcully wrote: »
    Its a full blown rpg and its fantastic, better than the witcher 3 imho then again i never got past 5 hours of that before boredom set in :o
    No such thing in ACO,my game of the year easily.

It's definitely in my running for GOTY, but I don't know... God of War might still just have it pipped as I think there are a few flaws in ACO that might take it down a few points.

Of course, this could all be a pointless discussion by October 27th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I still focus way more on assassinating people than just straight up attack. Even the Cult members, I'll try take out any guards nearby then go for an assassination.

The trouble I find is your assassination attack doesn't always work and only takes some of their health, which means you end up in a fight. Even with as much engraving and gear as possible to boost assassin stats, it only takes half the health of some enemies.

Critical assassination will kill most bigger guys!

Critical assassination will kill most bigger guys!

Most, but not all, and especially rarely Mercs/Cultists (though there have been some mercs who I've figured I'd start off with an assassination then hopefully catch them on the hop, but they've died from the assassination).

Can just be hit or miss sometimes. What's worse is doing the Rush assassinations, I usually have to hit Captains or Polemarches twice to take them out with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

On Normal it's entirely possible if your build is good but i played as a Warrior on that one so don't quote me. On Nightmare where I'm doing an Assassin build I've yet to clear out a camp where it didn't end up in a fight. It's really annoying and makes me feel like the game is pushing me to go Warrior.

Yes i agree with you here.
    Im playing on nightmare and full on stealthy assassin build is not great.
    Its great when you keep it stealthy but once detected it wont cut it in a fight with a few enemies.

By far the best build for nightmare is the full hunter build with +hunter damage on all your gear, then just watch those huge crits allover the place :)
    Its wise to spend a few in warrior tree, aoe stuns and healing in particular but also the passive that increases you armor making you a bit more tanky for the enemies you havent killed with your bow before they got to you.

Yeah for normal mode I haven't done a huge pile in the Hunter tree, but man that Devastating Shot has save my ass more times than I can count, particularly with Mercs and Legendary Animals.

Wow not until the
    Medusa
    fight and some 80 hours in did I find out you can corner cover while aiming the bow :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dcully wrote: »
    Its a full blown rpg and its fantastic,.

Totally agree, just meant its kinda pointless calling it Assassins creed seeing as you don't really assassinate any major figures anymore :s

Has anyone found the Black Wind event yet? Thought it might be on a bounty board maybe but didn't see it.

• Advertisement

Has anyone found the Black Wind event yet? Thought it might be on a bounty board maybe but didn't see it.

What's that?

Weekly challenge should be on a board in a town or in your boat.

I fought two big ships tonight with black sails. Think the first one might have been the proper one, got the sails as a reward in the loot chest. Wasn't searching for the ship, was just heading to another island.

Finished the family part of the Odyssey storyline tonight.
    I think I was too nice to people, as my story ended with me, Myrinne, Alexios, The Wolf (forget his name) and Stentor having dinner, then Stentor and Alexios start playfighting. Kinda felt like a joke ending. I was probably trying too hard to get a good ending throughout that I ended up with an unrealistic "happy ever after" ending.

Still though, plenty more to see and do, but glad I got that part finished before I switch to RDR2 on Friday for a while.

I'm in clean up mode now before doing the final missions in chapter 8 and 9 to get the achievements out of the away. Only a few things to get for Xenia and a few underwater locations is missed. Then the remaining cultists.

EDIT: Wow wasn't expecting that result when you get the 4 artefacts. Wow.

The possibilities for DLC games anything.

If they do any of that I really hope
    Kasandra
    is canon :D

I fought two big ships tonight with black sails. Think the first one might have been the proper one, got the sails as a reward in the loot chest. Wasn't searching for the ship, was just heading to another island.

Finished the family part of the Odyssey storyline tonight.
    I think I was too nice to people, as my story ended with me, Myrinne, Alexios, The Wolf (forget his name) and Stentor having dinner, then Stentor and Alexios start playfighting. Kinda felt like a joke ending. I was probably trying too hard to get a good ending throughout that I ended up with an unrealistic "happy ever after" ending.
    Got that ending too but I only aimed for it when i relized i could get them all for my ship. Shame my Polemarchs were better but it looks cool having them all on the ship.

I'm in clean up mode now before doing the final missions in chapter 8 and 9 to get the achievements out of the away. Only a few things to get for Xenia and a few underwater locations is missed. Then the remaining cultists.

EDIT: Wow wasn't expecting that result when you get the 4 artefacts. Wow.

The possibilities for DLC games anything.

If they do any of that I really hope
    Kasandra
    is canon :D

Yeah that was weird, kinda kills the story from the other games, tbh i never really paid attention to the modern day stuff. I did wonder where Desmond was tho :confused:

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Yeah that was weird, kinda kills the story from the other games, tbh i never really paid attention to the modern day stuff. I did wonder where Desmond was tho :confused:

Desmond died at the end of AC3. Sacrificed his life to stop the end of the world. But then they came up with a new reason to keep the modern day story going which wasn't that good, was poorly implemented and they stretched the ever-loving sh*t out of it over several games. This and the last game Origins seem to be a step back in the right direction in making the modern day story interesting again.

Never finished 3, kinda glad you ruined it for me :D

Advertisement