Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Never finished 3, kinda glad you ruined it for me :D

I was a huge fan of the modern day story in the previous games. The endings of AC2 and AC: Brotherhood especially were fantastic. But the ending of AC3, they really dropped the ball. They should have just given it a proper ending and not bothered with the modern day story in the games after that. It just became more of a hindrance than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Penn wrote: »
    I was a huge fan of the modern day story in the previous games. The endings of AC2 and AC: Brotherhood especially were fantastic. But the ending of AC3, they really dropped the ball. They should have just given it a proper ending and not bothered with the modern day story in the games after that. It just became more of a hindrance than anything.

Finally, someone who shares my opinion.

The Desmond stuff started to pick up and the modern day Colosseum stuff was cool. Loved when the apple possessed Desmonds arm and blade, it was brilliant. Even finding the lost assassin subject was cool.

You're absolutely right, they should have entirely dropped it or at least thought out a narrative. Given how little they can drop into games of the modern day stuff, they could have thought it out over a number of games and had a good arc.

I remember (I think) the first person stuff from one game when you were an intern or something in Abstergos office. It was absolute muck.

Finally, someone who shares my opinion.

The Desmond stuff started to pick up and the modern day Colosseum stuff was cool. Loved when the apple possessed Desmonds arm and blade, it was brilliant. Even finding the lost assassin subject was cool.

You're absolutely right, they should have entirely dropped it or at least thought out a narrative. Given how little they can drop into games of the modern day stuff, they could have thought it out over a number of games and had a good arc.

I remember (I think) the first person stuff from one game when you were an intern or something in Abstergos office. It was absolute muck.

Yeah, if I remember right it went instantly from "You're the descendent of ancient god-like figures who has to relive the memories of your ancestor to save the world" in AC3 to "You're a nobody and work for a company reliving random people's memories because the company wants to use the research to make movies!" in the next game. And the new story arc set up in that game barely progressed at all because there was going to be another AC game the following year.

Only for the fact that game was Black Flag, it could have killed the series for me at that point. But even then I couldn't get into Unity and didn't bother at all with Syndicate or Rouge. They screwed the pooch with the modern day element to the point where I dreaded having to do any of it in Black Flag and Unity, whereas they were finally starting to do interesting things with it in AC3.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dcully wrote: »
    I hear ya but i for one am delighted with this change in direction.
    Its a full blown rpg and its fantastic, better than the witcher 3 imho then again i never got past 5 hours of that before boredom set in :o
    No such thing in ACO,my game of the year easily.
    It's like Witcher 3 but without the long, dull, dreary first act.

Question for those that finished
    Was there any more modern day stuff after the end, I did the Atlantis stuff long before the ending so I guess that was meant to be it, though another few quests have opened up but they look to be just wrap up with some of the characters

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this a big step up from Origins then? I'm currently maybe a third of the way through origins and its grand but pretty repetitive already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is this a big step up from Origins then? I'm currently maybe a third of the way through origins and its grand but pretty repetitive already.

Windows Vista vs Windows 7

It was all there in Vista, but 7 got the ingredients just right!

Does that analogy work? :D

Yeah thats a good way to put it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hah :D I think I get you but does that mean every single mission is still just NPCs asking you to infiltrate forts like it is in Origins?

Hah :D I think I get you but does that mean every single mission is still just NPCs asking you to infiltrate forts like it is in Origins?

Nope, there's more variety in the quests and story missions :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That still happens a lot.

Kill this captain etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Question for those that finished
    Was there any more modern day stuff after the end, I did the Atlantis stuff long before the ending so I guess that was meant to be it, though another few quests have opened up but they look to be just wrap up with some of the characters

Nope once the thing is handed over the modern day stuff ends.

Big update today and some new missions. Couple of new trophies/achievements for those too.

I think it's the first in a series of few content to fill the gaps between the DLC. The first of which is due in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Big update today and some new missions. Couple of new trophies/achievements for those too.

I think it's the first in a series of few content to fill the gaps between the DLC. The first of which is due in December.

Here are the patch notes
    https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/9t2vaf/assassins_creed_odyssey_106_patch_notes/

SUMMARY
    • Added the first story of The Lost Tales of Greece to the game.
    • Added a feature to the game to auto-craft normal arrows when enough resources are available.
    • You can now access the Detailed Character’s Statistics from the inventory.
    • Improved Mercenary menu to properly show the unlocked ranks and associated rewards.
    • The economic advantages earned with Mercenary Tiers was increased.
    • The costs to upgrade Gear items has been decreased.
    • Addressed an issue that prevented the Evie and Bayek Lieutenants to be available in the game.
    • Addressed several issues with Orichalcum Ore either being misplaced or not lootable.
    NEW CONTENT
    • The first story of The Lost Tales of Greece was added to the game.
      • A category for The Lost Tales of Greece was added to Quest Log.

Looks like I'll finally get Bayek as a Lieutenant, as he never did show up after I purchased the reward :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Markos is one annoying gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Right,

Interesting bug.

I rammed and sunk a Spartan warship, but.....
    As it sunk it somehow threw my ship clean out of the water and it flew across the sea.

Was fun.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Markos is one annoying gob****e.

He sounds so much like Roman from GTA IV that I had to check if it was the same voice actor; it wasn't fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In the 90 hours you play the game he is there for less than one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In the 90 hours you play the game he is there for less than one.

He intolerable for that even, He has a side quest on the Island of KOS I think, another hair brained scheme by him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Dear Lord I'm loving this game, level 32 now with over 75 hours invested and just finished Episode 5. I've also just
    found Atlantis and Pythagoras
    . I'm glad the modern day stuff has been less convulated and doesn't drag anymore too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

Have not played this yet. How does it compare to AC Origins?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Origins was the foundation for Odyssey, this is 10x better than origins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Everyone is different. I loved every minute of Origins in particular the stealth. I'm enjoying Odyssey but to say it is 10x times as good as Origins is a stretch imo. I would say it is an improvement in some ways but not in others. Assassinations are not guaranteed on all npcs which can be irritating. The loot is a bit more convoluted than Origins for my liking. These are minor points though. Two great games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got bored of origins within 8 hours so i fairness i cant say much about a full playthrough but Odyssey for me is by far the better game both technically,gameplay wise and story, not to mention the expanded loot system and the rpg elements, as an rpg fan its 10x the better rpg experience imo :)
    Both great games in their own right, they really turned around a floundering series with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Only got around to starting Origins very recently myself and loving it so very much looking forward to picking up Odyssey. Only in Alexandria at the moment so I'll be waiting a while ha. I've only completed the Ezio trilogy and Black Flag. I bowed out of 3 early enough due to lack of interest and didn't play any of the others so I've still good a lot of goodwill toward this franchise based on my experience of it.

The cyclops fight was a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Finished the main story...underwhelmed

• Advertisement

Kinda got bored with RDR2 after finishing the main story, so thought I'd get back into ACO. Unfortunately, just found it so difficult to pick back up where I'd left off. I've already finished the main family side of the story, can't really be bothered with some of the rest of the stuff. Might leave it for another while and pick it up again after Xmas, but for now I think I'm going to have to move on to something else.

Advertisement