Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Dcully wrote: »
    Play nightmare mode :P

No thanks I want to enjoy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm nearing the end of the story in RDR2, and I have no interest in RDO, so I'm actually really looking forward to picking this up again and finishing it. After seeing the above trailer, I'm going to get the one with the Season Pass when it goes on sale over xmas. DLC looks good, thought that was Ezio for a moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

No thanks I want to enjoy the game.

Nightmare mode isn't difficult.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm playing on hard, and it's just right for me. Not so difficult that it's annoying, but i do to redo some fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Nightmare mode seems to make your loadout choices count, one shotting everyone is something you cant do in normal. Strange design choice tbh.

Also there are mods for PC now.

https://www.nexusmods.com/assassinscreedodyssey

2 :D

A chance this could be seen as spoilery:
    So I killed a mercenary with a bear companion and now the bear is just sitting looking at his dead owner, crying. I actually feel awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You can totally one-shot everyone on normal.

No you cant, the patriarchs and captains demand a second hit.

In nightmare your Armour means something in that those +1 crit mean you can actually one shot the above named lads.

You simply cant in normal and you are going to get into a fight in almost all bases.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

On hard, i one shot most normal enemies, which is the way i like it. Full stealth assassination will take maybe 40-50% off most of the names lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Went back to this to finish the Arena/Mercenaries and The Cult. Ended up finding some fancy Olympo Spear that gives you super assassin skills so ended up one-shotting nearly everybody 5 levels over me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So what's everyone's thoughts on this now it's been out a while? Still debating between this, Kiwami 2 and hitman 2. Craving an AC game but an open world semi RPG might not be the best thing to dive into straight after RDR 2. I enjoyed origins, is this more of the same? The whole cult tracking and killing sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So what's everyone's thoughts on this now it's been out a while? Still debating between this, Kiwami 2 and hitman 2. Craving an AC game but an open world semi RPG might not be the best thing to dive into straight after RDR 2. I enjoyed origins, is this more of the same? The whole cult tracking and killing sounds interesting.

I've been playing Red Dead and this at the same time. AC feels more fun (especially jumping off cliffs and getting no fall damage) and the map is huge but fast travel helps with this. There is also way more side quests including weekly and daily quests. The game also is updated every 2 weeks usually with good updates. I already have 55 hours in AC and probably only halfway through the game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zero-Cool wrote:

My advice is to buy Hitman 2 as a palate cleanser from open world games then keep an eye out for the Gold Edition of this to go on sale again. It was 55 a few weeks ago, which is great value for the season pass which contains Assassins Creed III & Liberation.

TBH, I wouldn't like AC 3 touching any part of my lovely PS4 :) liberation didn't appeal to me either but the dlc introducing the first blade sounds very interesting. Thanks lads, decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Is there a guide or something available, so that I can track what was released after initial launch?

Just want to make sure that I've done everything available :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Is there a guide or something available, so that I can track what was released after initial launch?

Just want to make sure that I've done everything available :)

For fun or trophies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

More of the same but 1) better combat,2) world boss fights are epic, 3) better side quests

Yeah Oddysee is leading the pack at the moment. Gonna see if it's on PSN Xmas sale this weekend. Sound lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

For fun or trophies?

To genuinely make sure that I've done everything!
    The map is so big, it's hard to track new stuff :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got the plat last night, 90 hours of enjoyment !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Just started this few days ago. Playing as Kassandra as read here it's the better choice. Really enjoying it. On the second island now. Started with hard. Found I was almost getting two shot so put it down to normal which I found too easy so switched back up to hard which now seems fine as I'm used to the combat. One question, how do I guard break? It was one of the first things shown but didn't really have to do it again until I get to second island and now I forget. It's not listed on the control scheme.

Some of the hints are gas. "The best way to defeat an enemy in combat is to get their health to zero while keeping your health above zero".

Just picked this up earliest for 35 in smyths, looking forward to giving it a lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just picked this up earliest for 35 in smyths, looking forward to giving it a lash.

Don't think you could go wrong with this game. I've not been a fan of the series at all but this has sucked me in completely.

So I got attacked by a level 10 chicken who took half my health bar. I'd just taken down 20 megaris guards, a few captains and a chicken pecked me half to death. I could only stare at TV in disbelief before laughing so hard.

ETA: is there any way to heal in battle? It said using an ability does but so far I haven't seen it happening.

So I got attacked by a level 10 chicken who took half my health bar. I'd just taken down 20 megaris guards, a few captains and a chicken pecked me half to death. I could only stare at TV in disbelief before laughing so hard.

ETA: is there any way to heal in battle? It said using an ability does but so far I haven't seen it happening.

I think there's a healing perk on the Hunter ability tree.

I think there's a healing perk on the Hunter ability tree.

I'll look into that, thanks. I had been going for an assassin build and put all my points in there. I'm only level 10 so early days. Was just surprised there didn't seem to be any way to heal. Hopefully that ability isn't too far up the skill tree.

Advertisement