Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'll look into that, thanks. I had been going for an assassin build and put all my points in there. I'm only level 10 so early days. Was just surprised there didn't seem to be any way to heal. Hopefully that ability isn't too far up the skill tree.

Yeah can't remember how far up the skill tree it is, but it's an absolutely vital skill to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah can't remember how far up the skill tree it is, but it's an absolutely vital skill to have.
    The skill is called Second Wind and is in the Warrior Skill tree above bull rush

Abilities_Screen.mov.00_00_00_01.Still001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Started this last night, first thing I did was change the reversible cover on the game box as I new I would be using Kassandra.

First thoughts, the game is really fast, fluid and fun. Map is a bit overwhelming but think I'll have to treat this like an actual RPG and just enjoy wandering around. Definitely my go to game over Christmas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm about 40 hours in, and still really enjoying it. Definitely the best of the series since Black Flag.

I saw a guy with a bounty icon over his head wandering around, figured he was some one that Talos sent looking for me, said I'd sneak up and take him out. Did about 5% damage and realised it was the man himself. His level 5 against my level 2, made swift work of me :)

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw a guy with a bounty icon over his head wandering around, figured he was some one that Talos sent looking for me, said I'd sneak up and take him out. Did about 5% damage and realised it was the man himself. His level 5 against my level 2, made swift work of me :)
    Yeah they are mercenaries. Only go near mercs a level above you. Also to progress you need to defeat a merc above you in the mercenary ranking. Also sneak one shot kills won't work for a lot of enemies unless you get the critical assassination skill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

You'll definitely enjoy it more as Kassie anyway.
    Alexios is too much of a caricature from his VO artist.

In a tweet I saw from gamespot, apparently 2/3 played as himself, while 1/3 played as Kassandra.

In my eyes 2/3 of the gamers got the raw end of the deal. Especially when Kassandra's story is the cannon one, the dev's should have made her the only choice.

Didn't liberation have only a female to play with too? And one of the chronicles games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was killing those bounty lads for fun by the end :cool:

I love the way the female bounty hunters say bounty :D

"Ive come for the the bounty" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    You'll definitely enjoy it more as Kassie anyway.
    Alexios is too much of a caricature from his VO artist.

In a tweet I saw from gamespot, apparently 2/3 played as himself, while 1/3 played as Kassandra.

In my eyes 2/3 of the gamers got the raw end of the deal. Especially when Kassandra's story is the cannon one, the dev's should have made her the only choice.

I've heard that Alexios' voice isn't as bad when you're playing as him, and that he must have hammed it up for when you're playing as Kassandra.

But I certainly enjoyed playing as Kassandra. I thought the VO actress nailed it throughout and she was a great character.

Penn wrote: »
    I've heard that Alexios' voice isn't as bad when you're playing as him, and that he must have hammed it up for when you're playing as Kassandra.

But I certainly enjoyed playing as Kassandra. I thought the VO actress nailed it throughout and she was a great character.

Possibly so! Maybe the script called for over-exaggeration :)

Yeah, she was the best AC character in a while for me, possibly since Ezio :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was wondering that myself. As Kassandra, Alexios sounds absolutely ridiculous. Obviously hamming it up, but i assumed it coulnd't be that bad when you play as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Played as K and cringed the whole way through every Alexios cut scene!

Quick tip for people who don't know. You can reassign your ability points at any time.

I played about 70 hours pumping most ability points into assassin skills and being disappointed in the game. Once I completed the main quest and the Legacy of the first blade DLC I stopped thinking of it as an AC game, and it instantly got a lot better for me!

Kiith wrote: »
    I was wondering that myself. As Kassandra, Alexios sounds absolutely ridiculous. Obviously hamming it up, but i assumed it coulnd't be that bad when you play as him.

Just remembered that I was watching a few YT videos a couple of weeks back, while trying to see what other choices brought to the table, and Alexios' voice as a main character seemed just as bad to me as when you pick Kassandra as the main character...

Part 3 of the lost tales of greece is available today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I usually pick the male character in games, because I like to pretend it's me. As this had pre-defined characters, I decided to go with Alexandra for a change. So happy I did. There's no comparison, and I reckon if I started the game as Alexios, I would have stopped playing and never went back.

Like the mass effect trilogy, most players went with Male Shep when Fem Shep gave a much better performance.

Anyone see the new ability "Death Veil" that was added?
    Man, I would have loved that during my initial playthrough :D

Anyone see the new ability "Death Veil" that was added?
    Man, I would have loved that during my initial playthrough :D

What's that do?

I'm only level 6 and just got my ship. The shanties are shyte but I'm loving it so far. Kassie is an awesome character. Also, even though RDR 2 is my GOTY, this is such a breath of fresh air being able to knock into little and not worry about consequences. Just so free flowing and carefree, just fun.

What's that do?

I'm only level 6 and just got my ship. The shanties are shyte but I'm loving it so far. Kassie is an awesome character. Also, even though RDR 2 is my GOTY, this is such a breath of fresh air being able to knock into little and not worry about consequences. Just so free flowing and carefree, just fun.

If you kill someone by assassination, the body disappears, meaning other soldiers on patrol won't find it :)

Even though I played through 100% the story in RDR2, then watched it all again on YT, and am now in the middle of my own second playthrough, I still think Odyssey might edge it as my own personal GOTY!

Yes, people will say I'm mad, but let them off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Even though I played through 100% the story in RDR2, then watched it all again on YT, and am now in the middle of my own second playthrough, I still think Odyssey might edge it as my own personal GOTY!

Yes, people will say I'm mad, but let them off :D

Play God of war ;)

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Play God of war ;)

I did!
    Put 70 hours into it!
    Loved every minute of it!
    It's not my GOTY though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Odyssey is my GOTY

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

First AC game I've played since Black Flag. A lot of fun so far, much more fluid than I remember. Climbing used to be so sticky and clunky in places but this is perfect.

I had forgotten how ridiculously cluttered the HUD is in these games but thankfully they give you loads of customisation options for it.

Everyone picked Kassandra, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm tempted to give this a whirl, but i got burnt last time with Origins, everybody (mostly) on here gave it incredible praise at release, so i jumped on the wagon and regretted it pretty quickly, Terrible game :(

After i traded it in i started to see alot more people slating the game also, bloody release day hype :rolleyes:

But i cant say thats happening with this game, from what i can see anyway. I'll let the price wither some more before i decide, i have smash bros and odyssey to tide me over for awhile..

Oh and i got both Alan wake games for €4 in the steam sales, never got to play them back in the day.. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

For the first time in this game I have to say screw that
    legendary boar. Almost had it dead and one of the three Little piggies it summoned rammed me from off screen. Desynchronised. Next time I focused on the pigs and when the boar came out he was back to full health. Ive been beating the game so far (after initial hiccups getting used to the combat) with ease and a pig is now destroying me! Haha
    . It's good fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

legendary boar. Almost had it dead and one of the three Little piggies it summoned rammed me from off screen. Desynchronised. Next time I focused on the pigs and when the boar came out he was back to full health. Ive been beating the game so far (after initial hiccups getting used to the combat) with ease and a pig is now destroying me! Haha
    . It's good fun though.

I was lucky enough to have a Mercenery follow me up to that mission and both of them bet the crap out of each other whilst I hid in the long grass!

. It's good fun though.

If you have paralysing arrows, use them on the small boars when they have very little health. This will knock them out and not allow anymore to spawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

If you have paralysing arrows, use them on the small boars when they have very little health. This will knock them out and not allow anymore to spawn

I only have normal arrows. How do I unlock other types? I hardly ever use a bow.

Advertisement