Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I only have normal arrows. How do I unlock other types? I hardly ever use a bow.

It’s one of the skills in the Hunter skill tree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I've just completed what I consider to be the main quest, is there much pay off in the secondary quest? I've done 3 of the 4 parts but think I'll need to do some XP grinding before going to Lesbos. Looks like there's lots of islands on the east of the map I haven't been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

quokula wrote: »
    I've just completed what I consider to be the main quest, is there much pay off in the secondary quest? I've done 3 of the 4 parts but think I'll need to do some XP grinding before going to Lesbos. Looks like there's lots of islands on the east of the map I haven't been to.

To be honest I found the modern day stuff much more interesting than the family side of the quest. I only really got interested in the cult after completing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Recently returned to this. Have now hunted down and finished all the Cultists, and became top Mercenary. The only real main part of the game I have left is the artifacts.

I don't think I'll bother with the DLC though. There's still so much side stuff I haven't done and even while islands I still haven't been to yet, but even then once I finish the artifacts I'll probably just move on to a different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Penn wrote: »
    Recently returned to this. Have now hunted down and finished all the Cultists, and became top Mercenary. The only real main part of the game I have left is the artifacts.

I don't think I'll bother with the DLC though. There's still so much side stuff I haven't done and even while islands I still haven't been to yet, but even then once I finish the artifacts I'll probably just move on to a different game.

The main quest in the DLC is only about 3 hours or so, and definitely worth doing, if you have it in you!

• Advertisement

tusk wrote: »
    The main quest in the DLC is only about 3 hours or so, and definitely worth doing, if you have it in you!

Might do, will see how much it costs. Artifacts didn't take as long as I thought. Beat all the monsters first time. I'm well engraved and armoured up from doing all the Cultists first. It was just a case of doing the side missions leading up to the monsters that took the longest time.

Didn't get time to return the artifacts to fully finish that part before I had to leave. Will do it this evening.

Might do, will see how much it costs. Artifacts didn't take as long as I thought. Beat all the monsters first time. I'm well engraved and armoured up from doing all the Cultists first. It was just a case of doing the side missions leading up to the monsters that took the longest time.

Didn't get time to return the artifacts to fully finish that part before I had to leave. Will do it this evening.

The DLC is 25quid. Yeah, not going to bother with it at this stage. Could pick it up in the future on sale, but for now, just going to finish this part of it and maybe a few more of the side missions and move on to something else.

Edit: Actually, not far off the Platinum, might go for it. Nothing too difficult in the ones I have left, though a few might be time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just back into this myself after finally finishing RDR2. And yet again I'm a bit overwhelmed by the map. I played RDR2 for long enough that the size of that map (and lack of fast travel) had me thinking it was one of the bigger ones I've played, and completely forgot about the size of Odyssey. I don't know what I want to do next in it! So just trying to get my legs in this again. The horse is so inferior to RDR2 though, it's taking a while to get used to it again, find myself mainly on foot anyway.

I'm in no rush with this, so I'm trying to hunt down the first arm of the Eye of Kosmos branch (I'm still very early into the game, relative to the entirety of the game). And hadn't played it since they made all the cosmetic changes, it's nice to be able to pick your own look now. And a serious amount of options! This game is way bigger than I remembered!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just back into this myself after finally finishing RDR2. And yet again I'm a bit overwhelmed by the map. I played RDR2 for long enough that the size of that map (and lack of fast travel) had me thinking it was one of the bigger ones I've played, and completely forgot about the size of Odyssey. I don't know what I want to do next in it! So just trying to get my legs in this again. The horse is so inferior to RDR2 though, it's taking a while to get used to it again, find myself mainly on foot anyway.

I'm in no rush with this, so I'm trying to hunt down the first arm of the Eye of Kosmos branch (I'm still very early into the game, relative to the entirety of the game). And hadn't played it since they made all the cosmetic changes, it's nice to be able to pick your own look now. And a serious amount of options! This game is way bigger than I remembered!

Just finished the cult of Kosmos last night, left most of them until I finished the main story quest and was nearer to level 50. Some members are tied to story missions and even if you kill some at say level 20 and then defeat the last person who would reveal the head of the branch at level 47 all armor pieces for that branch will level up to your current level. You are better off leaving the cult until late game, I currently have 80 hours put into the game and still have loads of side quests to do, game is massive but thank god for fast travel.

But the lure of shiny armor is so tempting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really want that Wonder Woman armour for Kassandra.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Finished RDR2 on Sunday and got Odyssey as a Christmas present so decided to give it a whirl earlier. Finding it far less immersive than Red Dead so far and finding it hard to get into it as a result. Should I stick with it or put it aside and come back to it in a few weeks?

Just two trophies left. Unfortunately, not as easy as I thought they'd be. Have to travel everywhere on the map which I thought would be easy but reading online that it also means you have to step foot on pretty much every small island, even if it looks like its been unlocked on the map already. Could be tricky to keep track of. Also ha e to do all the underwater exploration things, which wouldn't be so bad if a) they were all noted on the map rather than potentially being question marks I have to get near to see if it's an underwater sections, and b) if they were all along coastlines, rather than some seemingly being inland.

I'll give it a shot because I've come this far, but if it gets to where it looks like I'm going to have to start going through the whole map again not knowing the one tiny thing to finish it all off, I'll just abandon it.

Odyssey is the complete opposite to RDR2 in just about every possible way. Odyssey's tone and pacing is completely different. I can totally see why it would be jarring to immediately go from one to other. I think you should play a palette cleanser game first and get some distance betweeen RDR2 before hopping into any open world game.

Yeah I'd agree. Odyssey is such a different beast, yet similar enough that it might not feel right going from RDR2 to this. Took me a while to get back into this after having finished RDR2.

Theres a few that are really easy to miss. Think I mentioned here already but one was Valley of the Two Kings in Lakonia, it's name doesn't show up on the map even. It's just right of warriors pass on the map.

I think I used the maps by powerpyx.

Some location names can lack a little subtlety.

Cave of the many Lions

"Wonder what's in there?"

Platinum done. The uncovering the map one wasn't that bad. Maybe I had hit enough of the smaller islands that just had to go to a few final places in Messina and Lakonia. The underwater ones were a pain in the hole though, mainly just due to trying to snipe the sharks from the boat. Twisty f*cks.

Still, almost 80 hours put into the game. Fantastic from start to end. I was hugely skeptical as I didn't really like Origins (only lasted 3 or 4 hours) and was generally turned off AC as a franchise anyway, but this has won me back. The combat and traversal is fantastic, the story was reasonably well done and Kassandra was a terrific character and well performed, and the rpg elements were deep enough without being needlessly distracting or overwhelming.

Will definitely pick up the dlc if I see it on sale down the line.

RDR could've learned a bloody lot from this with horses. Phobos doesn't trip over pebbles, Phobos doesn't die from a 3 foot fall and Phobos doesn't care about "whistling ranges."

Online is worse for spawn in on the horses in rdr2 ffs, or you clip anothe rrider in a race???? dead!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn, did you fully upgrade the ship, for that trophy?
    I'm lacking so much wood!
    Have everything else, but I just can't get enough wood!

Did you grind it out or buy it or something? :)

No erection jokes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

marcbrophy wrote: »

No erection jokes!!

Went to comment and saw your clever hidden message :pac:

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Went to comment and saw your clever hidden message :pac:

:D:D

Seriously though, I need around 20k more wood!
    I'm going mad fast travelling to blacksmiths getting 300 to 600 in each place :o

:D:D

Seriously though, I need around 20k more wood!
    I'm going mad fast travelling to blacksmiths getting 300 to 600 in each place :o

Use Ikaros to view ships, some of them will have a couple of thousand wood on them. Attack them, reap rewards!

Oh, and I also destroy any weapons/armor of blue rarity or below. Always get wood from them, and it builds up quite quick if you have a busy inventory.

Use Ikaros to view ships, some of them will have a couple of thousand wood on them. Attack them, reap rewards!

Brilliant, never thought of that :)

No erection jokes!!

I hadn't upgraded the ship in ages because it was always ancient tablets that I never had (as I never bothered with the ruins where you get them). So my wood was fine until near the end. Hit up every blacksmith you can because they'll often have maybe 300 wood a time (plus they'll occasionally have ancient tablets too). Trying to uncover all the areas on the map also meant I was picking up wood all along the way, which I'd generally been doing throughout the game anyway. Plus cleaving ships in half to finish them off gives you maximum wood. And dismantle weapons if you don't need the money.

Also, penis.

I hadn't upgraded the ship in ages because it was always ancient tablets that I never had (as I never bothered with the ruins where you get them). So my wood was fine until near the end. Hit up every blacksmith you can because they'll often have maybe 300 wood a time (plus they'll occasionally have ancient tablets too). Trying to uncover all the areas on the map also meant I was picking up wood all along the way, which I'd generally been doing throughout the game anyway. Plus cleaving ships in half to finish them off gives you maximum wood. And dismantle weapons if you don't need the money.

Also, penis.

I too enjoy getting maximum wood!! :pac::pac::pac:

Good man, thanks for the tips Penn and Monke! :)

I'd actually forgotten about the free content and the fact I got the season pass for this with the game at launch. Started the Legacy of the First Blade DLC there and seems interesting enough so far. Reckon it's about 3 hours worth of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was having trouble deciding whether to get this or RDR2 - I had played Origins last year, but never really got the time to play it. This was reduced to 30 so I went for it. I'm just done with Episode 4 - I love the Cultists part of it, and I'm enjoying the overall game so far, but damn, it's a large game, it'll probably do me for a few months, and then I'll have the season pass to get :)

Advertisement