Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I thought the dlc was not released until next week ?

yeah, showing April 23rd for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yeah, showing April 23rd for me too...

Unless it was actually the side mission set in the present with Layla that sets up the dlc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Unless it was actually the side mission set in the present with Layla that sets up the dlc

You guys are right. This is how much I haven't been paying attention! Will edit the original post.

Even still, that setup mission was garbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Seeing Kassie in a suit was one of the highlights of the game for me ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ubisoft need to hire better writers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ubisoft need to hire better writers.

Nah the game and setting are perfect, no interest in the story preset or past.

I do love SPARTA kicking people of high buildings tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nah the game and setting are perfect, no interest in the story preset or past.

I do love SPARTA kicking people of high buildings tho.

I enjoy Sparta kicking people off ships and watching them drown.

Do it in the game sometimes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Has anyone seen the major game breaking glitch going around which enables you to reach max level in about 1 hour and complete contracts and lower the nation's power all at once? :D

Any good for newbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Yup! So long as you have the ability to knock out the polemarch as opposed to killing and you're at the point in the story where Kassandra/Alexios recruit for the ship then it will work.
    How did Ubisoft F this up so royally? :D

Good I will try it, they really F'd us with this leveling. I'm way under powered.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Good I will try it, they really F'd us with this leveling. I'm way under powered.

Make sure you have the means to upgrade your gear, no point in being level 99 with a level 10 sword.

• Advertisement

Make sure you have the means to upgrade your gear, no point in being level 99 with a level 10 sword.

:eek:
    Imagine that!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yup! So long as you have the ability to knock out the polemarch as opposed to killing and you're at the point in the story where Kassandra/Alexios recruit for the ship then it will work.
    How did Ubisoft F this up so royally? :D

There is one major flaw in that "hack" but I let you figure it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Has anyone seen the major game breaking glitch going around which enables you to reach max level in about 1 hour and complete contracts and lower the nation's power all at once? :D

Can attest to this working. Went from lvl60 to 88 in about an hour. Wouldn't have taken as long and would have gone further if not for my stupid f*cking fingers pressing too long or too hard and recruiting them, ending the boost. Happened twice so I just said I'd leave it at that for now. Though also, I haven't played the game in months and took me a while to get back into the groove in clearing out the forts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First episode of Atlantis DLC is out now, it's around 7.5 gb on Ps4

Had a quick look after I installed it this morning, there are now load out slots in the inventory. The initial area doesn't look all that big but the enemies have a bag of new tricks to keep you on your toes and dodging becomes far more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Got the full Immortal set over the weekend. Instant health regen on death with a 1 minute cooldown.

Also found Poseidon's Trident, let's you breath underwater.

Also, does anyone know what dreamers75 is talking about? :confused:

I'm guessing he means how your weapons/armour would then be seriously underlevelled, which was something I noticed myself, and don't have near enough resources to upgrade.

Oh, I see. That probably escaped me because I have like 3 million drachmae and loads of resources lol
    The damage/health decrease only becomes unplayable every 11 levels because that's when the new engraving tier kicks in so if you're a level 10, for instance, you can still get by with level 1 gear but once you hit level 11 you need to upgrade. So as follows: 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, 71, 81, 91

So if you are level 61, but your gear is level 60, you should upgrade it?
    But if you're level 60 and your gear is 55, you're grand? :)

Oh, I see. That probably escaped me because I have like 3 million drachmae and loads of resources lol
    The damage/health decrease only becomes unplayable every 11 levels because that's when the new engraving tier kicks in so if you're a level 10, for instance, you can still get by with level 1 gear but once you hit level 11 you need to upgrade. So as follows: 11, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, 71, 81, 91

I spent most of my last resources upgrading the ship when going for the platinum (and that was before they added new tiers for upgrading), so I'm pretty low on everything, and even though I'm now level 99, all my weapons/armour is now about 60 or less.

Getting caught then wrecked in a fort is annoying when you desync and end up miles away with all the objectives reset. Me being rusty and enemies having new attacks doesnt help.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    I spent most of my last resources upgrading the ship when going for the platinum (and that was before they added new tiers for upgrading), so I'm pretty low on everything, and even though I'm now level 99, all my weapons/armour is now about 60 or less.

Can you use the autosave history to go back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I found the leveling spot on in this. Granted, I've stopped since I've finished the story, waiting for all the DLC to come out before picking up the Season Pass, so maybe ye are on about the higher levels, but I think that 'hack' would break the game for me. Since I found out about the Admin Console in Conan: Exiles and messed a bit, I've no interest in going back. I'd imagine this would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Penn wrote: »
    I'm guessing he means how your weapons/armour would then be seriously underlevelled, which was something I noticed myself, and don't have near enough resources to upgrade.

Yes same here, this glitch is great I'm sure for some, but having got a few ability points out of it, I can't afford to upgrade many weapons cos I don't have millions of Drachmae which means I'm now fighting people using weapons a fair bit lower than my level...

I just hit level 60 and had a reasonable amount of resources , 2000 in most even more in some and just over 30k in cash. Upgrading my weapons from 55 and 56 to 60 wiped out my cash and a lot of leather and iron.

Advertisement