Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 helenawalsh

Although I enjoyed the storyline, I have to admit that personally I feel like there's not really a connection between this game and the previous ACs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Although I enjoyed the storyline, I have to admit that personally I feel like there's not really a connection between this game and the previous ACs.

Probably for the best, it went a bit mental after 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Probably for the best, it went a bit mental after 3.

I do think it needs to come back to the assassin's storyline though. They've built up so much lore now that it would be such a shame to waste it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I do think it needs to come back to the assassin's storyline though. They've built up so much lore now that it would be such a shame to waste it.

Snap.

The story is what held it all together. Without that, I'm just not as invested :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 helenawalsh

tusk wrote: »
    Snap.

The story is what held it all together. Without that, I'm just not as invested :(

Exactly. Origins had a great storyline which sort of led to the previous games' story. I'd say Odyssey is a great game if you like mythology and history with the combat mode AC has always offered, but I wouldn't necessarily consider it a truly AC game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Playing AC3 thanks to the season pass. I thought Arno from Unity was the worst main character in the series but Connor easily takes that title now. Never have I come across a more annoying, whiny and unlikeabke character. Would have been much better to have played as Haytham the whole way through. Poor Edward Kenway must be turning in his grave knowing how much of an ads his grandson is!

And for a remastered version I'm still encountering a lot of bugs and glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Playing AC3 thanks to the season pass. I thought Arno from Unity was the worst main character in the series but Connor easily takes that title now. Never have I come across a more annoying, whiny and unlikeabke character. Would have been much better to have played as Haytham the whole way through. Poor Edward Kenway must be turning in his grave knowing how much of an ads his grandson is!

And for a remastered version I'm still encountering a lot of bugs and glitches.

2012 - 2017 was a dark time in the AC series. There's a Middle Ages joke in there somewhere.

I actually liked Arno

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly I feel that's half the reason that it's the first Assassin's Creed I've got into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

2012 - 2017 was a dark time in the AC series. There's a Middle Ages joke in there somewhere.

I like the game just not the character. Unity though was the only one where I lost the will to live. Quite liked syndicate.

• Advertisement

I like the game just not the character. Unity though was the only one where I lost the will to live. Quite liked syndicate.

I really liked unity :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

AC2 black flag and odyssey are my favourite games in the series. Purists seem to consider the last two not proper AC games so perhaps im not a real fan of the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AC2 black flag and odyssey are my favourite games in the series. Purists seem to consider the last two not proper AC games so perhaps im not a real fan of the series!

They are wrong :D

Ac2 Brotherhood is the best of the lot character wise, but gameplay Origins and Odyssey are far and away the best.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They are wrong :D

Ac2 Brotherhood is the best of the lot character wise, but gameplay Origins and Odyssey are far and away the best.

Bang on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Syndicate is my fave, then Black Flag and the Ezio Trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Absolutely loving this now. Level 16 and I feel like I have a full grasp on all the mechanics now - really love going around and lowering the Athenian defences before the big battles.

It's weird because I'm playing through Breath of the Wild again on the Switch at the moment and there's some really big similarities, especially when you're just out wandering around, get distracted by something you weren't initially looking for and end up being sidetracked for hours.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are PC players using keyboard and mouse or controller for this?

I started playing it again, using KB + M, and I'm finding it hard to get used to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's better with the pad tbh. Briefly tried it with m/kb, but it just felt of to me (though i'd say the same for all 3rd person games).

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Kiith wrote: »
    It's better with the pad tbh. Briefly tried it with m/kb, but it just felt of to me (though i'd say the same for all 3rd person games).

Most third person games I'm fine with, it's the combat in this that gets me. Just feels awkward with a KB+mouse, and I'm forever hitting the wrong buttons!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Thb, I couldn't even fathom playing this on kb/m. Then again, I've been a console player for the vast majority of my life, and even splashed on the Steam controller when I built my PC (terrible waste). Never really had the layout for kb/m anyway as my PC is hooked up to my TV, so couch gaming is where it's at!

• Advertisement

I play on PC and played on pad, but then i tried to play on kb/m and byjaysus it was impossible. I play FPS with kb/m, but there's just so much that doesn't seem to feel right off the controller with ac.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

K+M here and found it absolutely fine just as I did with Origins. Nothing to compare it too thought since I don't even own a controller :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Out of curiosity, had anyone ever tames an animal in the game?
    If so, which one's did you find useful? :)

Anyone any tips for the
    Hades
    fight at the end of the Faith of Atlantis DLC, part 2? :)

What level are you? If under level 81 spec into the Assassin skill tree and farm gear with crit chance, crit damage and all damage. Then use hero strike, battle cry of ares and slow time. Should take him out in one or two hits.

I'm level 71 and assassin/warrior are about 116% each with hunter at 69%

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played it at first with KB&M , then switched to pad and went back to KB&M after a few hours, so much faster and aim is 10X better with bows.
    As always games feel too slow with pad for me.

Ideally, if you can get your Assassin damage to about 300% then he will be a cakewalk. Like I said, get Assassin gear with crit damage, all damage and crit chance, use hero strike and that should kill him in 1 or 2 hits. At level 71 I think you'll have about 80% crit chance at least if you upgrade all the perks on the gear. Took me two hits to kill him on nightmare and I was running a hybrid Assassin/Warrior build at level 99 with 100% crit chance and a ton of crit damage.

I got him in the end with your slow time suggestion! Was one power that I never really used myself. Was able to refocus and hit him with overpower attacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Loving this game, been addicted to it for the past month, best 20 quid I've spent in a long time. Just finished the main Odyssey & Cult storylines. Before I mop up the rest and start on the DLC, can someone explain in basic terms exactly what CRIT is please? I've googled it but the replies I found confused me even more! TIA

Advertisement