Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

letsgo2018 wrote: »
    Is this game more like the Witcher 3 or Shadow of War. How does it compare to both

?

During the blood fever side quest did people
    Let them live
    ? Wonder if there will be consequences for that? I walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

?

Being a dick its a populist version of both whereas the best of both of those are ticked of as "things to do" and "ways to do them".

Yes its a game that takes inspiration from others, I hope it takes its own spin on them.

But yes there are echoes of both games and a few others in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is the gold edition worth. I think I'm going to fork out for Spider-Man and tomb raider as Well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Is the gold edition worth. I think I'm going to fork out for Spider-Man and tomb raider as Well

If you like the sound of the season pass then yes. You'll save a few quid on it. I got mine off TheGameCollection for about 70 I think which is probably the best price.

• Advertisement

Gold edition also has AC3 and Liberation remasters when they come out next year. So worth if you fancy replaying them as well the usual season pass content.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So I've a few hours into this now, but i'm at a slight impasse. I'm still very early, and have to do a level 3 Odyssey mission where you have to steal something. I'll have no problem doing the mission, but the Level 5 Merc is following me around, and no matter what i do, he follows me, so I can't complete the mission without triggering him, and he's kicking my ass! I even rode to the other side of the island and thought it would do a lap and I could go back and do the mission, but no, he runs after me (you can see him running) and when he gets near he walks around in circles until he sees me. Rinse repeat. Can't get him to bugger off and even if i try a side quest he follows me... Quit, reload, restart PS4, doesn't matter, he's still there every time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can you kill other guys maybe to level up a bit more to then take him on?
    I havent played yet but i hear enemy even 1 level above you are really hard to kill so level is huge so i expect a small bit of a grind,, then again if he doesnt fcuk off you cant grind?

Dcully wrote: »
    Can you kill other guys maybe to level up a bit more to then take him on?
    I havent played yet but i hear enemy even 1 level above you are really hard to kill so level is huge so i expect a small bit of a grind,, then again if he doesnt fcuk off you cant grind?

Exactly! Fecker is following me everywhere, and missions seem to get the most XP. I'll have another hop off him tonight, hopefully I can beat him, but even Kassandra is telling herself to hide when he's about, so I don't have much hope. Got him down to 1/3rd bar of health but he get faster as far as I can tell.

Maybe I'll try going to another island, that might put him back in his loop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So I've a few hours into this now, but i'm at a slight impasse. I'm still very early, and have to do a level 3 Odyssey mission where you have to steal something. I'll have no problem doing the mission, but the Level 5 Merc is following me around, and no matter what i do, he follows me, so I can't complete the mission without triggering him, and he's kicking my ass! I even rode to the other side of the island and thought it would do a lap and I could go back and do the mission, but no, he runs after me (you can see him running) and when he gets near he walks around in circles until he sees me. Rinse repeat. Can't get him to bugger off and even if i try a side quest he follows me... Quit, reload, restart PS4, doesn't matter, he's still there every time.

Ha I had the same problem, followed me down to the camp where the wood was, I was level 3, hes 5, I stealthy killed all the other lads, stole the wood and got out the gap!

• Advertisement

Ha I had the same problem, followed me down to the camp where the wood was, I was level 3, hes 5, I stealthy killed all the other lads, stole the wood and got out the gap!

Tried that, but he seems to pick me up easily enough, even when being all stealthy!

On the plus side, I did notice that i took out a few of the guards initially, and now every time I go back, even after reloads/power downs, those guards are still dead!

I killed him at level 2, it was kinda easy.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I killed him at level 2, it was kinda easy.

I feel like it should be relatively easy, but I'm sure I skipped some of the fighting tutorial parts, especially at the start, I remember seeing something come up and I used the old AC buttons to block and used a special move instead, and the message disappeared. Parry, dodge, long dodge and attack are all I know at the moment. Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I killed him at level 4 and it took me quite a while! Parry is your friend though. Parry when he attacks and counter him then leggit, rinse and repeat, dodge when he goes red though.

I laughed at with she did with
    Cyclops eye
    :pac:

Unlocked the Rush Assassination move, I can see now why the combat is mentioned like W3.

That can be chained and is devastating to pretty much anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Breener122

How much store credit would I get for this if I trade it in when RDR2 is out? I want to get it but I know once RDR2 hits I wont bother with it anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally killed the fella that had a bounty on my head, I was doing another main mission and he shows up in the camp again, had to stealth kill everyone again :rolleyes: also they scale with you level wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The first bounty hunter was easy enough to hide from, until he tracked me down to where I was doing a mission and trying to stealth guys in a hideout. He killed me a few times (and was always there when I reloaded) until I managed to kill all the guys before he could attack me, finished the mission, and levelled up to level 5. Was then able to equip better gear and take him down.

Though it also meant that in the cutscene at the end of the mission, my bounty hunter was pacing back and forth in the background. Nice of him to let me finish my conversation :D

I came across two high level mercenaries and a bear sitting taking notices at a message board in Mergaris. Of course kicked it off, ended as you'd expect :D

EDIT: After doing a lot of the stuff to weaken the leader I found him in Megara being attacked wolves lol I left them to it.

• Advertisement

That guy Megaris is level 36 found that out after I tried to kill him :(

Anyone in Megaris the place you have to steal the war chest in, you can get creative. Run in the front door and aggro everyone then lead them all into the Sparta camp, mission takes care of itself then.

Uplay rewards has a decent sword and bow.

I laughed at with she did with
    Cyclops eye
    :pac:

LOL!

That guy Megaris is level 36 found that out after I tried to kill him :(

Anyone in Megaris the place you have to steal the war chest in, you can get creative. Run in the front door and aggro everyone then lead them all into the Sparta camp, mission takes care of itself then.

Uplay rewards has a decent sword and bow.

Careful now not sure it's that one or Megara city one but the guy at the front door was a leader and was a legendary recruit. Scan them with the eagle and isolate them and knock them out and recruit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Careful now not sure it's that one or Megara city one but the guy at the front door was a leader and was a legendary recruit. Scan them with the eagle and isolate them and knock them out and recruit them.

If you get the health down low you can Sparta Kick them unconscious and then hire them... just incase it all goes tits up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just ordered it there on Green Man for €49 , downloading now, ready to play in 19 mins.
    This might help my addiction to Destiny 2 Forsaken :P

Im planning to start out with exploration mode and nightmare difficulty, i watched Fextralife stream it in nightmare yesterday and it look a real challenge.
    Im wondering if i can change this if it gets frustratingly hard?

Dcully wrote: »
    Just ordered it there on Green Man for €49 , downloading now, ready to play in 19 mins.
    This might help my addiction to Destiny 2 Forsaken :P

Im planning to start out with exploration mode and nightmare difficulty, i watched Fextralife stream it in nightmare yesterday and it look a real challenge.
    Im wondering if i can change this if it gets frustratingly hard?

You can indeed, I changed from exploration mode as it was doing my head in :o

You can indeed, I changed from exploration mode as it was doing my head in :o

What changes if you switch it back to normal from exploration mode?

What changes if you switch it back to normal from exploration mode?

You see side quests more easily. Exploration is good but not fully worked out for missions other than Story ones.
    Anyone figured out whats behind the wall on the Forgotten Isle?

You see side quests more easily. Exploration is good but not fully worked out for missions other than Story ones.
    Anyone figured out whats behind the wall on the Forgotten Isle?

No not yet my guess is a
    Cyclops or Minotaur
    only got a flash of something moving when you first see it as I wasn't really expecting it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement