Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

I'm being chased by lower level chump mercenaries because I haven't killed the sponsor, then as I was docking later on a lvl 14 appeared (I'm level 11) and proceeded to dive into the water and just get stuck there so I peppered her with arrows from my ship got a legendary piece for my troubles :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had two Merc after me in a fort I was trying to clear out, it was near a cliff side, had one of them at the side of the cliff so used the ability bull rush and kicked him off the cliff and he died :D I've done that to two Merc now I think, very satisfying!

What changes if you switch it back to normal from exploration mode?

You see where to go more easily is what I noticed.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Penn wrote: »
    The first bounty hunter was easy enough to hide from, until he tracked me down to where I was doing a mission and trying to stealth guys in a hideout. He killed me a few times (and was always there when I reloaded) until I managed to kill all the guys before he could attack me, finished the mission, and levelled up to level 5. Was then able to equip better gear and take him down.

Though it also meant that in the cutscene at the end of the mission, my bounty hunter was pacing back and forth in the background. Nice of him to let me finish my conversation :D
    For the first bounty guy, I stealth attacked him first which basically brought down 50% of his health, and then a random wolf attacked him in the middle of our fight and that brought down about another 25% of his health, so I just had to finish him off really.

awec wrote: »
    For the first bounty guy, I stealth attacked him first which basically brought down 50% of his health, and then a random wolf attacked him in the middle of our fight and that brought down about another 25% of his health, so I just had to finish him off really.

Was it a random wolf though? Some of them
    have furry pets in tow

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was it a random wolf though? Some of them
    have furry pets in tow

I'm guessing of the wolf attacked him, it wasn't his wolf.

I'd tried stealth attacking the first merc too, but I was too underlevelled. Definitely didn't take even 25% of his health. Have taken out a few mercs since then, mostly by paying off the bounty when they've gotten near, then sneak attacking them to give me an edge. Came across one spot that had about 3 much higher level mercs just hanging about, so didn't chance them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ha
    at the end of chapter 2 when you kill your dad and the step son comes running over, I think him to his death :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Picked this up over the weekend, didn't realise the standard edition came with the map/artwork book. Enjoying it so far even if it feels a lot like like Origins but i've only just left the first island. Not sure i'll have the time to finish it before RDR2 comes, especially when most are saying this game only opens up after 30-40 hours play time, i think thats about all i put into Origins in total so good possibility i get bored of it.

Has anyone else noticed how strangely uneven the voice acting is? Like one minute someone is talking perfectly normally and next thing they sound totally different? Most memorable example is the bowyer who fixes your bow at the very start. She went from normal to weird in 30 seconds.

I bought it too and so far i think it's way better than Origins. Only played 8 hours so far and have hardly done anything in it. Runs like a champ on my system too. Was a bit weary when i read how patchy the performance is on consoles.

I laughed at with she did with
    Cyclops eye
    :pac:

There's a trophy/achievement related to that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I bought it too and so far i think it's way better than Origins. Only played 8 hours so far and have hardly done anything in it. Runs like a champ on my system too. Was a bit weary when i read how patchy the performance is on consoles.

If it didnt run well on the spec in your sig it would be time to give up
    Runs like a dog on my old i5 2500K and GTX 970, then again im trying to run it at my monitors native res of 1440 @ 1444 hz :P
    Dropping down to 1080 makes a huge difference but looks ugly compared to 1440,, new rig on the way though, similar spec to yours 8600K and 1080ti :)

• Advertisement

I had been finding it pretty perfect... until it froze on me last night in the middle of clearing out a fort. Had to turn off the console. Didn't bother turning it back on as it was getting late enough anyway.

Enjoying the game a lot. The story seems intriguing, and most of the side missions I've taken on are quite varied and interesting with little repetition so far anyway.

Anyone know why you can't dismantle or sell certain gear? I've a few low-level gear items that I can't get rid of even though they're almost 10 levels lower than where I am now. They may have been pre-order or Uplay bonuses, can't really remember, but am I just stuck with them now?

Dcully wrote: »
    If it didnt run well on the spec in your sig it would be time to give up
    Runs like a dog on my old i5 2500K and GTX 970, then again im trying to run it at my monitors native res of 1440 @ 1444 hz :P
    Dropping down to 1080 makes a huge difference but looks ugly compared to 1440,, new rig on the way though, similar spec to yours 8600K and 1080ti :)

Drop the Volumetric Clouds setting to Medium. Gives a nice fps boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

right, have a bug...

Game crashed out when I was on the first mission with a horse on the way to the rescue.

Now my horse is stuck in the stables and no option to mount them and calling the horse does not work. Any ideas?

All Eyes On Rafah

Penn wrote: »
    I had been finding it pretty perfect... until it froze on me last night in the middle of clearing out a fort. Had to turn off the console. Didn't bother turning it back on as it was getting late enough anyway.

Enjoying the game a lot. The story seems intriguing, and most of the side missions I've taken on are quite varied and interesting with little repetition so far anyway.

Anyone know why you can't dismantle or sell certain gear? I've a few low-level gear items that I can't get rid of even though they're almost 10 levels lower than where I am now. They may have been pre-order or Uplay bonuses, can't really remember, but am I just stuck with them now?

I got a Pirate set with my Amazon Twitch Prime account and it won't let you dismantle them so it must be that.

I got a Pirate set with my Amazon Twitch Prime account and it won't let you dismantle them so it must be that.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Was wondering if it was part of some "If you find/wear all parts of the same gear set they become legendary and you get special bonuses" or some such. Guess I'm just stuck with them. Really stupid that you can't dismantle or even sell them. Doubt you could even upgrade/engrave them enough to be worth keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I went to Andros as soon as I got the cult missions after i killed the cult person I found the door, eventually worked my way back to Herodotas at the Gates.

Next mission he sends me to Andros to the door, I had to go the long way around the 1st time like 20 ,000 km :(:(

Nearly have the Snake Armour tho :pac:

I was in Delphi last night meeting up with Barnabus at the temple, no idea why but I changed to night instead of holding menu to track the quest. Anyway day became night and there was a merc on me as soon as got control back.
    Barnabus beat seven shades out of him

I was in Delphi last night meeting up with Barnabus at the temple, no idea why but I changed to night instead of holding menu to track the quest. Anyway day became night and there was a merc on me as soon as got control back.
    Barnabus beat seven shades out of him

Yeah I noticed that holding the map button (touchpad on PS4) changes day/night. Couldn't figure out what was happening for a few times :D.

Accidentally went to do the same in a restricted area but it said I couldn't meditate at this time, so I guess that's what it is. You meditate to change from day/night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Reload from an earlier auto save?

I just restarted the whole game. Was easier...

All Eyes On Rafah

Playing on nightmare difficulty and its fantastic, every single fight is exciting.
    Im only lvl 11 but brilliant game so far.
    Any need to do quests on the message boards in towns yet?
    Im guessing not really until i need to grind a few levels?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing on nightmare difficulty and its fantastic, every single fight is exciting.
    Im only lvl 11 but brilliant game so far.
    Any need to do quests on the message boards in towns yet?
    Im guessing not really until i need to grind a few levels?

Theres not much XP but you get about 300 dracmae for each one.

Are all side quests on a timer? I've a load of expired one :confused:

Are all side quests on a timer? I've a load of expired one :confused:

Only certain one's i think.

Only certain one's i think.
    I think they might be the daily quests?

I'm on the second island now and all I've come across are those ones with a timer , no interesting ones really compared to first island.

Daily quests give you a currency for Sargons shop.

The Diamond missions are better XP missions.

I had a daily to hunt and kill a bandit who just happened to be in the the house you have to go to to meet and question
    the orical
    I get the feeling that it should have been crawling with guards for the main story mission there but it was just the bandit, Kas even commented about needing to be careful.

FYI you dont have to pick an overall side and you get massive XP and epic weapons for fighting in the battles, double if you attacking.

If you follow the orders that flash up you can win the battles very quickly.

I stand on a rock and fire at whoever I am supposed to, anyone gets on my rock and Sparta Kick to the face.

You can sparta kick alpha bears is what I learned earlier while searching for a bears scrotum for age is only a number quest :D

and yes , yes I did chose the romance options :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement