Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Without spoilers, just wondering if anyone can tell me is the story the same for both protagonists but with the roles reversed, or are there different stories for both? I'm guessing it's the former but would just be interested to see. Enjoying the story, but damn I keep getting distracted by side quests. Really liking the game overall though. Dodging can be an almighty b*tch, especially when you're mid attack and they go to do an unblockable attack, can never dodge in time (and half the time I keep pressing Circle instead of Square).

Also, do enemies always scale with you? I wasn't able to do one mission I picked up as I was underlevelled (I was Lvl11 and the main enemy was 13). I'm now Lvl14 but wondering will the enemy now be Lvl14 too or still be Lvl13.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone manage to kill that
    Kalydonean Boar in Phokis
    ??

Man, that thing handed me a swift ass whooping :P

Anyone got tips?

I'm 1 level above it too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Im about 10 hours in,and i have to say im enjoying it alot ,more than Origins,and i loved that game,although playing on explorer mode i did Land my ship on a nearby area to Kephellonia and hit the message board to discover all the mission were level 48,but thats not really a complaint,exploring is the fun part,off to kill some pirates next!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone manage to kill that
    Kalydonean Boar in Phokis
    ??

Man, that thing handed me a swift ass whooping :P

Anyone got tips?

I'm 1 level above it too :o

Ha, that's the one I'm asking about in my post. I'm worried the f*cker will now be scaling with me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Niska

During the blood fever side quest did people
    Let them live
    ? Wonder if there will be consequences for that? I walked away.

You're probably further along than I, but
    yep - I killed the priest and his cohorts to save the family.
    Later, after meeting Alexios' father, and interacting with Barnabas to sail away, Barnabas mentions a plague sweeping the starting island and Alexios comments - The priest was right!
    Haven't gone back home yet to see the consequences...

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    You're probably further along than I, but
    yep - I killed the priest and his cohorts to save the family.
    Later, after meeting Alexios' father, and interacting with Barnabas to sail away, Barnabas mentions a plague sweeping the starting island and Alexios comments - The priest was right!
    Haven't gone back home yet to see the consequences...

I made the opposite choice and
    let the priest kill the family. Someone commented to me that I'd let them kill a family who likely weren't sick and could have been saved.

Twice now I've interfered with the main story while exploring. During the snake in the grass quest you have an objective to
    go to a fort. I left it and continued to track and do other stuff then happened on a cave with cultists which had Elpenor inside

Not sure how I feel about that , cool I guess that you can stumble across stuff like that kind of makes the world feel more real than have stuff spawn after a set of objectives are done but the completionist in me hated skipping a step.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Penn wrote: »
    Ha, that's the one I'm asking about in my post. I'm worried the f*cker will now be scaling with me :D

Haha! We posted 1 minute apart too :D

I can tell you that I'm level 14 and he's still at 13!

Still got my ass handed to me! :)

Spoiler for very early game and something you can do .

You can get
    the eye back from the goat
    only found this out when I was checking the achievements, you have to kill them on that island and loot them till you find it :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Haha! We posted 1 minute apart too :D

I can tell you that I'm level 14 and he's still at 13!

Still got my ass handed to me! :)

Yeah,
    I can do okay dodging and attacking from behind, but once the small boars come, I'm f*cked.

• Advertisement

Spoiler for very early game and something you can do .

You can get
    the eye back from the goat
    only found this out when I was checking the achievements, you have to kill them on that island and loot them till you find it :D

Does it come in handy later on?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Does it come in handy later on?

I went and looked it up after I got it and didn't see anything to suggest so , just an achievement is all you get from the looks of it. It's worth about 2700 if you sell it.

It's worth about 2700 if you sell it.

Thats would come in handy for a ship upgrade

Thats would come in handy for a ship upgrade

If only you could trade it for timber. That's what I'm running out of more than anything.

If only you could trade it for timber. That's what I'm running out of more than anything.

I buy timber off the blacksmiths,as much as i can..everytime

I buy timber off the blacksmiths,as much as i can..everytime

Yeah I copped I should start doing that last night, but is there a time restriction on it? I bought timber from one blacksmith, a while later I was near another so went to buy from him and he had none.

Yeah I copped I should start doing that last night, but is there a time restriction on it? I bought timber from one blacksmith, a while later I was near another so went to buy from him and he had none.

Yeah there must be,if you clean them out of a particular element,i imagine youve to wait for him to restock,not sure what the time period is

• Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Really enjoying the game. Most AC game ive liked since Black Flag.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If theres one thing ive learned from this game is i need to stop my fixation with multiplayer only games and actually play the countless single player games i have sitting in steam,origin and uplay.
    Off the top of my head theres the likes of batman series,xcom series,newish tomb raider, GTA series incl GTAV,dishonoured 1 and 2, thief,fallout 4,witcher 3 [which ive tried to get into countless times but get bored after a couple of hours],Dark souls 2 and 3,Deus ex, hitman series,Lords of the fallen , the list goes on :o:o:o

Without spoilers, just wondering if anyone can tell me is the story the same for both protagonists but with the roles reversed, or are there different stories for both? I'm guessing it's the former but would just be interested to see.

Just checked online (trying to avoid spoilers) and can confirm it's the same story for both, just with their roles flipped. Probably for the best, at least you don't have to consider a second playthrough with the other character. I also read that in terms of canon, Kassandra is considered the protagonist and her story will be considered to be the real one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I've read in a good few reviews that the voice acting for Kassandra is worlds better and that Alexios' becomes increasingly grating and inconsistent as the game goes on.

I haven't started the game yet myself though so can't comment first-hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Bridget Screeching Top

Just checked online (trying to avoid spoilers) and can confirm it's the same story for both, just with their roles flipped. Probably for the best, at least you don't have to consider a second playthrough with the other character. I also read that in terms of canon, Kassandra is considered the protagonist and her story will be considered to be the real one.

Ya there are a few bits I have hit that are odd as alexos but would make more sense as Kassandra so I'd say your correct

I've read in a good few reviews that the voice acting for Kassandra is worlds better and that Alexios' becomes increasingly grating and inconsistent as the game goes on.

I haven't started the game yet myself though so can't comment first-hand.

The Voice acting for Kassandra is head and shoulders over Alexios..

I started as Alexios and restarted after a half hour as Kassandra. Difference is night and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Tip for PC players: try High AA. Weirdly, it does seem to actually boost FPS, at least for me.

And with nearly everything on ultra (bar clouds, shadows, fog and DOF I think) at 120% resolution with high AA, it's gorgeous.

I'm also shocked at how big the map is. I already thought it was huge, but then I unlocked a mission and went to see where on the map it was... I didn't realise it could scroll over that far. I'd barely even been looking at half the map thinking it was the full thing. So many areas to explore, and as I said previous, seems to be a lot of very varied side quests and activities (though obviously a lot of similar ones in each area too).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So having had a good go at this over the weekend, i'm now level 13 and loving this. The combat is harder and more rewarding, the main missions so far are good, just waiting for it to tie into AC at some stage. The side missions are varied enough, and the naval sections are good fun. Even enjoying the Greek version of shanties! But I've had a couple of major crashes. One was a CTD after 5 minutes of it been frozen, even the PS button was not doing anything and got the feedback request after it decided to CTD. Second one was a total freeze of the game, but was sorted with a reboot. Nothing since, so that's good!

Going from Ikaros back to the map if you go a bit far or spend too long as Ikaros can take a while, so I'd imagine they're going to patch that at some stage. Also a big fan of being able to level up anything to your current level. I like that. I have a helmet I like so it's nice to bring it with me as I go.

Still only been to 3 of the Islands, this game is hoooooooooj!

Going from Ikaros back to the map if you go a bit far or spend too long as Ikaros can take a while, so I'd imagine they're going to patch that at some stage.

That's presumably a CPU issue so probably not.

Occono wrote: »
    Tip for PC players: try High AA. Weirdly, it does seem to actually boost FPS, at least for me.

And with nearly everything on ultra (bar clouds, shadows, fog and DOF I think) at 120% resolution with high AA, it's gorgeous.

Digital Foundry have a best settings video up for 1080p panel owners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement