Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident at work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Can the company simply ask the member of floor staff if they remember writing the report, what was on it, and write a new copy of the report?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Luckly, I touched it before leavening, so they cannot give me a fake one, otherwise I would ask to search for my fingerprints on the original. What can I do? Should I go to the Garda?

Thanks for any help!
    Seriously? Fingerprints? On an accident report form?

What do you want the report for? Presumably your company are covering the medical expenses and paying while you're on sick leave.

I can understand wanting a report form for personal records, but if they can't find it, they can't find it.

Before anyone can give you advice, we'd need to know why you want a copy of the form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Luckly, I touched it before leavening, so they cannot give me a fake one, otherwise I would ask to search for my fingerprints on the original. What can I do? Should I go to the Garda?

This isn't a movie, nobody in real life is going to check fingerprints on a piece of paper.

The Gardaí can't get involved unless you are claiming someone committed a criminal offence. If you want to make a claim or something you need to hire a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

"The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Acts 2005 and 2010 set out the rights and obligations of both employers and employees and provides for substantial fines and penalties for breaches of the health and safety legislation. You can read more in our document on health and safety at work. An employer must report any accidents to the Health and Safety Authority when an employee is missing 3 consecutive days at work (not including the day of the accident)."*

Does this apply to you? Did your employer make such a report, if so, then ask for a copy.

*http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/health_and_safety/workplace_accidents_or_injuries.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Valentino Santini

seamus wrote: »
    Seriously? Fingerprints? On an accident report form?

What do you want the report for? Presumably your company are covering the medical expenses and paying while you're on sick leave.

I can understand wanting a report form for personal records, but if they can't find it, they can't find it.

Before anyone can give you advice, we'd need to know why you want a copy of the form.

No, I had to pay the medical expenses on my own. I have a heath insurance since I was young and they asked for it. Oh, and by the way, they had no form, it was a normal white piece of paper. And yes, I managed to avoid a fraud once with that system: the counterpart presented a document that was not the one I signed, I asked to check for my fingerprints and there were none of mine on that.

You are not really informed, are you? Maybe I'm on the wrong forum...

• Advertisement

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Can the company simply ask the member of floor staff if they remember writing the report, what was on it, and write a new copy of the report?

A friend of mine hand wrote the report. I didn't know I could ask her to rewrite it. Thanks! I'll try today.

Squatter wrote: »
    "The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Acts 2005 and 2010 set out the rights and obligations of both employers and employees and provides for substantial fines and penalties for breaches of the health and safety legislation. You can read more in our document on health and safety at work. An employer must report any accidents to the Health and Safety Authority when an employee is missing 3 consecutive days at work (not including the day of the accident)."*

Does this apply to you? Did your employer make such a report, if so, then ask for a copy.

*http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/health_and_safety/workplace_accidents_or_injuries.html

Yeah, it does apply to me. As my very own thought, I think no-one called the proper authority. They are quite low on money since the opening and there are really big names behind that place (I've heard Jameson and London Dry Gin).
    Thanks anyway, I'll take a look at the link!

Advertisement