Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Olympic Distance at DCT this year?

• 12-06-2018 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Am I mad?
    I was looking to sign up to do Dublin City again this year but there is only mention of Sprint and Try-a-Tri.

Is there no Standard distance? 65 quid for a sprint?

Pfft, I'm out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

It has also switched to Saturday evening - I assume this is because The Pope will be in Phoenix Park Saturday morning visiting the preseident and has an event there on the Sunday too. Frank Duffy 10 Miler was also moved.

BTW €65/€70 for a sprint is too much imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

cart man wrote: »
    Frank Duffy 10 Miler was also moved.

I thought Frank Duffy moved because the DCM race series half-marathon was back in the park this year only a few weeks later?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I think Frank Duffy was moved because the AAI / Irish runner race series is in the park this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

This race used to be very well organised... what has happened? No bike or run course info on the website, the facebook page reads like a cheap womens magazine with pictures of celebrities, and a €70 entry fee to enter the Sprint National Champs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Different race director I believe. Did the guy not move to Athy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bertje14 wrote: »

He still races in Piranha tri suit. €70 for a sprint? Really? The middle distance in Donegal was €75!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Bertje14 wrote: »

Ok that makes some sense- FWIW friends who did Athy said it was well organised this year.

Back to DCT- most races I can take or leave, we are given plenty of choice and can spend our money where we wish. But there's only one National Champs, and if my arm is twisted to spend far in excess of what other Sprints cost, I'd like to know a bit more info about the race at this stage. Their website FAQ gives wrong information, says the entry is €60 (its €70), says the course maps are available in the Race Info section (they're not).

Maybe its a matter of expectations; previous years I've done this race the organisation and prior info have been very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Ok that makes some sense- FWIW friends who did Athy said it was well organised this year.

Back to DCT- most races I can take or leave, we are given plenty of choice and can spend our money where we wish. But there's only one National Champs, and if my arm is twisted to spend far in excess of what other Sprints cost, I'd like to know a bit more info about the race at this stage. Their website FAQ gives wrong information, says the entry is €60 (its €70), says the course maps are available in the Race Info section (they're not).

Maybe its a matter of expectations; previous years I've done this race the organisation and prior info have been very good.

did you do the aquabike nat champs

Advertisement