Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution DnB

• 12-06-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Just found out about this monthly session in Spailpin Fanach - never realised Cork had any regular drum & bass nights - always thought they were few and far between in most of Ireland bar Dublin, good to know the scene is still alive here.
    Any regulars or irregulars on this forum? Is it good vibes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

My partner will be really interested in responses to this! What nights is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

seefin wrote: »
    My partner will be really interested in responses to this! What nights is it on?
    The next one is Friday week (22 June)

Yeah just sent the link to him..he's on a high. Assume it's upstairs in spailpin? Remember there's a smallish room there. Wonder what sound quality be like ? He's a total purist so if crap sound he'll hate it

Yeah just sent the link to him..he's on a high. Assume it's upstairs in spailpin? Remember there's a smallish room there. Wonder what sound quality be like ? He's a total purist so if crap sound he'll hate it
    I rather agree with him :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just found out about this monthly session in Spailpin Fanach - never realised Cork had any regular drum & bass nights - always thought they were few and far between in most of Ireland bar Dublin, good to know the scene is still alive here.
    Any regulars or irregulars on this forum? Is it good vibes?

Back in the radiofriendly days you had two lads who ran a weekly drum and bass night, can't remember there names I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Sully and source top djs were on friendly. Sully plays at the odd evolution night .Top sounds great night with a big crowd. I cant make next one sadly. Mike the guy who runs it top dj.

vince wrote: »
    Sully and source top djs were on friendly. Sully plays at the odd evolution night .Top sounds great night with a big crowd. I cant make next one sadly. Mike the guy who runs it top dj.

Cheers, looking forward to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sully and source top djs were on friendly. .

That's who I was thinking of,every friday night.

Went down there Friday night
    Sound and vibes decent, crowd not massive but probably not too bad considering it’s a drum & bass gig in Ireland. Great night over all, fair play to Mike Fate and all those behind the scenes

Yeah Mike went along too. Said was pretty good but a bit disappointed at the small crowd. They're in Leap in a few weeks so hopefully be busier then. How long has it been up and running in spailpin? Maybe word has to spread?

• Advertisement

Yeah Mike went along too. Said was pretty good but a bit disappointed at the small crowd. They're in Leap in a few weeks so hopefully be busier then. How long has it been up and running in spailpin? Maybe word has to spread?

I think they’ve been hosting events in various venues around the city since cerca 2014.

Went down there Friday night
    Sound and vibes decent, crowd not massive but probably not too bad considering it’s a drum & bass gig in Ireland. Great night over all, fair play to Mike Fate and all those behind the scenes

Were the Dj's using decks or digital?

Were the Dj's using decks or digital?

Sorry, I’m actually totally blind in both eyes so I’m not sure. Decks were definitely in use, but I’m not sure what format was being used, I think it might’ve been CDJ’s though.

Music played on the night was mostly liquid and neurofunk/techstep with a little bit of jungle thrown in

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Hes been in there over a year. Some nights near full. Body and soul was on so maybe took some folk away. Lots on in country this time a year hits city gigs.

Hes been in there over a year. Some nights near full. Body and soul was on so maybe took some folk away. Lots on in country this time a year hits city gigs.

Fair point alright

Advertisement