Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Byrne 3Arena 24 October 2018

Options
  • 12-06-2018 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

October 24TH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Plus Special Guest - Benjamin Clementine

Tickets from €49.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

lc180 wrote: »
    Plus Special Guest - Benjamin Clementine

Tickets from €49.50

What an amazing line up. Seeing both at Bilbao BBK but would have otherwise gone. Especially for 50euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

When are tickets on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

David Byrne has just announced a 3arena show for October 24.
    The bell x1 lads will be there taking notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

When on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

When on sale?

This Friday with the usual 3 presale beforehand Tickets from €49.50 plus fees

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Interesting! Decent price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Peter File wrote: »
    This Friday with the usual 3 presale beforehand Tickets from €49.50 plus fees

Anybody have a spare 3 presale code?
    Left the network a couple of months ago! :cool:

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Anybody have a spare 3 presale code?
    Left the network a couple of months ago! :cool:

Anyone know what word you text to get the presale code from 3?

Text it to 51020 as far as I can tell?

Not on 3, and trying to get a code from someone who is..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Anyone know what word you text to get the presale code from 3?

Text it to 51020 as far as I can tell?

Not on 3, and trying to get a code from someone who is..

Not sure of the word but if they sign into 3Plus website & go to Music there's a button to click that will send them a code.

• Advertisement

Not sure of the word but if they sign into 3Plus website & go to Music there's a button to click that will send them a code.

Yeah they were having trouble signing in.
    Sorted now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Just a pity its the ****ty 3Arena - worst sound in the country. Still - he and I were both young lads the last time I saw him play in the Point so very tempted :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Peter File wrote: »
    David Byrne has just announced a 3arena show for October 24.
    The bell x1 lads will be there taking notes!

They can take all the notes they want, for all the good it'll do.

As for DB's upcoming gig If its half as good as the show he did with St.Vincent at EP it'll be amazing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sickened it's in this **** hole of a venue.

Sorted.

Flat seating - didn't realise it was fully seated.
    Expensive though 106.35 per ticket including Ticketb'stard charges.

Ah well, it's not every week you get to see David Byrne!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Sorted.

Wow €106 per ticket? Was that for really good seats? I assume the €49.50 ones were way down the back then?

dmm82 wrote: »
    Wow €106 per ticket? Was that for really good seats? I assume the €49.50 ones were way down the back then?

Didn't look too closely, but yeah, usually the few cheap ones quoted are up in the roof..

Edit: went back in and tiered seating (block D) coming in at 96.35 incl fees..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

milehip wrote: »
    As for DB's upcoming gig If its half as good as the show he did with St.Vincent at EP it'll be amazing.

If it's half as good I will be happy! ... That was really something special! Favourite gig ever ... atmosphere was amazing too!

Fully seated in the Point?? Hmmm didn't expect that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Sorted.

Ridiculous price considering he is touring the UK at the moment playing small venues and the price is about half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I got pretty close to the front at the left corner of the stage. Fingers crossed it decent enough.
    I've been stuck down the back there for gigs before and it's terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

I thought there'd be standing when it was first announced and had figured I'd go with that. Checked the layout this morning and saw it was all seated. Had a bad feeling from there on...

Gave the presale a go anyway since I had a code and was offered the second row. But at 230 bucks for two tickets I decided to leave it. For the 3 Arena, it's just not worth it.

Messed about with the different price bands for a bit but everything I was offered for the mid-range prices or below was garbage. Having seen him in the Concert Hall for a better price I couldn't justify coughing up more for an inferior venue, gotta draw a line somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Zardoz wrote: »
    Ridiculous price considering he is touring the UK at the moment playing small venues and the price is about half that.
    Lots of different prices though.
    €48,€58,€68,€98 plus fees

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Danco wrote: »
    I thought there'd be standing when it was first announced and had figured I'd go with that. Checked the layout this morning and saw it was all seated. Had a bad feeling from there on...

Gave the presale a go anyway since I had a code and was offered the second row. But at 230 bucks for two tickets I decided to leave it. For the 3 Arena, it's just not worth it.

Messed about with the different price bands for a bit but everything I was offered for the mid-range prices or below was garbage. Having seen him in the Concert Hall for a better price I couldn't justify coughing up more for an inferior venue, gotta draw a line somewhere.

Agree on the price. The concert hall show was special. But the chances to see Byrne are going to be less and less. Man is an icon, I will probably end up buy really expensive tickets today. Hoping for nice people close by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

lordgoat wrote: »
    Agree on the price. The concert hall show was special. But the chances to see Byrne are going to be less and less. Man is an icon, I will probably end up buy really expensive tickets today. Hoping for nice people close by!

Hope you score with both your tickets and your neighbours! There's no doubt the show will be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Zardoz wrote: »

Agreed. I seek some solace in the fact that the autumn arena dates in the UK are comparable to what we're being charged. The flat seats (including fees) are €106 here, as opposed to a whopping £122 (€138) in Leeds, a venue very similar in size and layout to the 3Arena.

I also find it strange that they've now decided that he's an arena size act here. He was in the Point for Rei Momo, but subsequent shows were in The National Stadium, The Ambassador, the Olympia and the National Concert Hall. It's a shame they couldn't have brought him over on this initial leg and put him in the Bord Gáis Energy Grand Canal Theatre, but, you know, his available dates probably clashed with Flashdance. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Agreed. I seek some solace in the fact that the autumn arena dates in the UK are comparable to what we're being charged. The flat seats (including fees) are €106 here, as opposed to a whopping £122 (€138) in Leeds, a venue very similar in size and layout to the 3Arena.

I also find it strange that they've now decided that he's an arena size act here. He was in the Point for Rei Momo, but subsequent shows were in The National Stadium, The Ambassador, the Olympia and the National Concert Hall. It's a shame they couldn't have brought him over on this initial leg and put him in the Bord G Energy Grand Canal Theatre, but, you know, his available dates probably clashed with Flashdance. :rolleyes:
    Seems to be only lower tier blocks on sale, so will probably be curtained doff. I think its about 8k capacity when curtained off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

presume it'll basically be this, with only the floor and green sections so?

the-o2-arena-dublin-seating-plan-02-Best-seats-viewer-View-from-Block-H-Row-40-Seat-14-3d-virtual-interactive-inside-tour-high-resolution.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

This is one show where being a bit higher up will be of benefit. I don't think you would get the full effect of the performance while sitting low down looking up at the stage. I went for around row 10 of block D.

It looks like they aren't selling tickets for the upper tier. The cheapest tickets are for blocks A & G.

Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭1997

Absolutely adore Talkin Heads and Dave Byrne,never had op to see him before,really considering this,anyone tell me if he does a lot of Talking Heads or just solo stuff? Thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

1997 wrote: »
    Absolutely adore Talkin Heads and Dave Byrne,never had op to see him before,really considering this,anyone tell me if he does a lot of Talking Heads or just solo stuff? Thks

you can check setlists online, some do not like them posted here, if doing so do it with spoiler tags

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=david+byrne

there is a spotify playlist generator which makes them from setlist.fm but shows the album they are from

https://setify.co/

setify can be hit and miss though, I see it is detecting some songs from live albums or generic compilation albums

Advertisement