Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Byrne 3Arena 24 October 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

1997 wrote: »
    Absolutely adore Talkin Heads and Dave Byrne,never had op to see him before,really considering this,anyone tell me if he does a lot of Talking Heads or just solo stuff? Thks

Nice mix tbh - setlist.fm - don't want to spoil it for them that rather not know - setlist seems unchanging at the moment, and I hope it stays, or at least keep the likes of
    Lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

aaaaah f**k it, was intent on not buying any more gig tickets this year but cannot pass this up.

hearing the spoiler song (preceding post) with the rest of the other talking heads stuff he did with the brass ensemble at EP many moons ago was one of the greatest gig going pleasures I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Was at the gig on Friday night in Glasgow.

Genuinely, if you are even half a fan or sort of thinking about going,just get the tickets now.

It was a sensational night. The venue, the set list, the concept, the " band " , everything was amazing.

Now I will admit to being a huge fan but in my book it was nearly as good as the Concert Hall gig in 2009. For me, the Eno era of Talking heads which formed the majority of set for that 2009 gig will never be bettered by any band..............ever :-) * .

Can't wait for October.

Whoever said that the GCT or the NCH would have been perfect for this is bang on but don't just not go because of the venue.

* May be exaggerating slightly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Picked up tickets for Block L at 49.50 + 6.20 booking a couple of weeks ago, really looking forward to this now. Saw some previews of the American show and it looks fantastic. Would have loved something nearer the stage, but hey ho.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Now I will admit to being a huge fan but in my book it was nearly as good as the Concert Hall gig in 2009. For me, the Eno era of Talking heads which formed the majority of set for that 2009 gig will never be bettered by any band..............ever :-)

Was that the gig where he came out in the anatomy skin suit at the end to do Psycho Killer? If so, also one of my all time favourite gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

smacl wrote: »
    Was that the gig where he came out in the anatomy skin suit at the end to do Psycho Killer? If so, also one of my all time favourite gigs.

and a tu-tu.

Same, one of my favourite gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Sugar Club are doing a Stop Making Sense: David Byrne After Party on the 24th, 11pm - 2:30am for anyone interested.

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/stop-making-sense-talking-heads1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm on the lookout for a pair of tickets for this concert if anyone knows of any available....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sugar Club are doing a Stop Making Sense: David Byrne After Party on the 24th, 11pm - 2:30am for anyone interested.

2:30 AM. On a school night?

this working lark really cuts into my liver time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Any stage times out for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm on the lookout for a pair of tickets for this concert if anyone knows of any available....thanks

Loads on Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

leakyboots wrote: »
    Loads on Ticketmaster

It was "sold out" the other day...I had to buy off DoneDeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It was "sold out" the other day...I had to buy off DoneDeal.

Seats are always released within two or three days of most gigs. They're usually returned tickets from corporates, production, sponsors or the artist themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I may have access to 2

A friend is selling 2 for below cost price. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

An e-mail from Ticketmaster now says "David Byrne 8PM sharp", and no mention of Benjamin Clementine, who was due to support. Maybe he's not doing the Dublin show. Or else it's an error. Either way, I'm just mentioning it in case some people were assuming a 9:00 stage time for David Byrne. You don't want to miss the start. Some of you people could just about miss it.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

An e-mail from Ticketmaster now says "David Byrne 8PM sharp", and no mention of Benjamin Clementine, who was due to support. Maybe he's not doing the Dublin show. Or else it's an error. Either way, I'm just mentioning it in case some people were assuming a 9:00 stage time for David Byrne. You don't want to miss the start. Some of you people could just about miss it.

His website is showing him there :

24/10/2018 3Arena (w/ David Byrne) Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

bullpost wrote: »
    His website is showing him there :

24/10/2018 3Arena (w/ David Byrne) Dublin

Anyone on the twitter machine able to find out?

Birneybau wrote: »
    A friend is selling 2 for below cost price. PM me for details.

thanks, but I got sorted with the new release from Ticketmaster last night....

actually, whats the policy on taking photos in 3 Arena does anyone know? DB actively encouraged people to take photos at the NCH gig, and I got some great photos that night, so was hoping the same would apply, but will 3 Arena staff stop photos being taken?

• Advertisement

actually, whats the policy on taking photos in 3 Arena does anyone know? DB actively encouraged people to take photos at the NCH gig, and I got some great photos that night, so was hoping the same would apply, but will 3 Arena staff stop photos being taken?

Not in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

You could just sit back, leave the phone in the pocket and enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Any update on if the 8pm start time is right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

🔥🔥**SHOW TIMES TONIGHT - DAVID BYRNE** 🔥🔥 Doors open at 6/30pm, show starts at 8pm. Please get here early to avoid long queues and traffic delays.

3Arena tweet just now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

6.30pm Doors
    8pm: Benjamin Clementine
    9.15pm: David Byrne

https://twitter.com/TicketmasterIre/status/1055104199564951552

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

TM sent me an email yesterday saying "David Byrne at 8pm sharp," how hard is it to get that right, really

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

After TM sent out an email yesterday advising David Byrne was starting at 8pm sharp & 3Arena advising teh samne via a tweet today they have since advised the below times in the last couple of hours:

6.30pm Doors
    9.15pm:
    David Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭spindex

After TM sent out an email yesterday advising David Byrne was starting at 8pm sharp & 3Arena advising teh samne via a tweet today they have since advised the below times in the last couple of hours:

6.30pm Doors
    9.15pm:
    David Byrne

That messed up my plans, I came up early by myself to make sure I was there for 8. Any suggestions of where to go b4 the gig for a pint ? I'm currently in sin é

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Green Room is a bar that's closest.
    https://goo.gl/maps/M8PceC6BPP82

Advertisement