Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Australia Alone?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm a 24 year old Irish female who is dying to make the move down under. Most of my friends at home are serious home birds so I'll be going alone.
    My dream is to get the skilled visa, but I took the online questionnaire and it says I'm not eligible. Does anyone know how correct these things are? :confused:

I work in environmental compliance/consultancy but would also be willing to do lab work!
    By the time I'm hoping to move I'll have 2 and a half years consecutive experience, should I qualify?

If that doesn't work I would be hoping to do the WHV and try and get sponsored while I'm there, is that allowed?

Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Skilled visa is quite straight forward, your occupation has to be on the occupation list (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/work/work/skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl) and you must meet the qualification/skills assessment criteria for that occupation. There are various types of visa and you might be more eligible for some than others.

If you are serious about a skilled visa I would recommend contacting a MARA agent, you can do it alone but you need to do your homework. You can try a website like pomsinoz.com that have in-depth visa forums.

WHV is the easiest visa to get, although getting sponsored is definitely more difficult than it was a few years ago. The old 457 visa copped a lot of bad press is dead and buried and replaced with a TSS 482.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 joeyanne

It's the whole skills assessment part that's really throwing me. I've started it and started an assessment on skillsassess.com for VETASSESS, not even sure if it's the right thing to do. So I haven't went as far as the paying stage.
    Must have a look at that website to see can I find some sort of a tutorial on it or something.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement