Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for recommendations for a great orthopedic mattress for a dodgy back

• 12-06-2018 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations for a great orthopedic mattress in Dublin for a dodgy back. There's so much choice out there!

All suggestions welcome

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Payton

There are plenty of mattresses out there and people chose them on a personal choice and what is the right one got you.
    My partner has a ortho mattress as she has back issues, its good for her but we put the foot work in and went to plenty of showrooms to find the right one.

Personally I found a memory foam mattress great. Takes a bit of getting used to as they can get very warm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Have you tried things such as Pilates and yoga, finding the Pilates great for my back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mattresses are very hit and miss. You'll not really know if its going to be good for you until you buy it and spend a few weeks on it tbh.

One advertised as good for backs might make yours worse. Its happened to me.

I would agree about the pilates angle...have you looked into why your back is bad? Is there exercise or physio you could do to help it? Might not be your mattress at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

I bought a kingcoil king sized mattress cost a few quid,, maybe 1300. But my back feels way better since,,, for me it was well worth the money..

• Advertisement
Advertisement