Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motion detection camera recommendations

Options
  • 12-06-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place - please move if not.
    I'm looking for a camera to face our front door/driveway, ideally with motion detection and some kind of mobile app alert functionality.

Some unwanted peeking through letterboxes/windows or looking for car keys on hall stands have been reported so want something to act as a deterrent.

The Ring doorbell has come up too but just wondering if there is another system that will work just as well/better?

I'm more concerned about getting the alert and being able to shout out the window rather than reviewing the recorded footage.

Cheers,
    Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I suggest you look on the Home Automation and Internet of Things forum:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1777

Lots and lots of threads there are about these sort of camera systems from people who have them.

Nest doorbell and outdoor camera are really good options, well reviewed, but a bit expensive and require expensive subscription.

Wired Logitech Circle 2 camera is a cheaper option, but also requires a sub. I've this myself (without the sub and used as an indoor camera).

Arlo cameras, Blink Cameras and as you mention Ring cameras. I'm sure there are others I've forgotten.

BTW most of these support two way speech, so you can talk to a person in your garden, without needing to shout out the window (handy if you happen to be out and about at the time).

Advertisement