Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automated Lawn Mowers

Options
  • 12-06-2018 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Are there any secuurity measures in place to stop a person from just picking the mower up and running off with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

Are there any secuurity measures in place to stop a person from just picking the mower up and running off with it?

I can only speak aobut the husquvarna brand .. but in essence no. They are PIN protected and need to be paired to the base station.

So if stolen it is practically useless - and I would suggest that the type of people who would be interested in stealing stuff like this know that they are useless and just leave them alone

• Registered Users Posts: 39 billybull999

Oh ok so they would have no way to work it. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

My fear on that is your average opportunistic scum bag won't have a clue as to it being useless or not. They'll pass your gaff, stuff it in the back of a van and it's gone.

Later that day they'll find out they can't sell it on and either wreck it or chuck it in a ditch somewhere.

I was on the phone to FBD yesterday and they don't insure robot mowers. They pointed me at one of the gadget insurers.
    I'm sure lads in the large thread on auto mowers could fill you in more though re insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Roen wrote: »
    My fear on that is your average opportunistic scum bag won't have a clue as to it being useless or not. They'll pass your gaff, stuff it in the back of a van and it's gone.

With some of them costing so much, it would be a bit of a pain for some scumbag to lift it on you, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I have mine about 18 months and live in a rural enough area where we get plenty of passing nomadic type visitors and still have it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement