Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BA pilot jailed for boarding flight while four times over the legal alcohol limit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hopefully pilots take notice

Take notice of what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

smurfjed wrote: »
    Take notice of what exactly?

Do ye really need it spelled out for you?

Yes please, its not as if its not already in the statutes, national laws of every country that I fly to, or even my company policies, so I'm curious about whats new and what i should really take notice of relating to this idiot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Do ye really need it spelled out for you?

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Hotel oscar papa echo foxtrot uniform lima lima yankee - papa india lima oscar tango sierra - tango alpha kilo echo - november oscar tango india charlie echo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

ectoraige wrote: »
    Hotel oscar papa echo foxtrot uniform lima lima yankee - papa india lima oscar tango sierra - tango alpha kilo echo - november oscar tango india charlie echo.

Delta oscar - tango hotel echo yankee - november oscar tango - alpha lima romeo echo alpha delta yankee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Yawn. I suspect more doctors kill people each year than pilots fly drunk. And I don't see people staying away from their doctors. Nor with the load factors at the moment do I see the average joe not flying in aircraft. But sure fill your days with reading tabloids and believing that aircraft are gonna fall out of the sky each day. Must be a time for a chemtrail discussion as well......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

weisses wrote: »

Is one to imply from your take note threat that a rampant poison of alcoholism exists in the pilot body? Pray tell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭weisses

Yes please, its not as if its not already in the statutes, national laws of every country that I fly to, or even my company policies, so I'm curious about whats new and what i should really take notice of relating to this idiot?

Apparently pilots take the gamble ..As they are plucked out of aircraft's around the globe on a regular base

Nothing new ... just a heads up your life is fukced if caught, that's all

basill wrote: »
    Yawn. I suspect more doctors kill people each year than pilots fly drunk. And I don't see people staying away from their doctors. Nor with the load factors at the moment do I see the average joe not flying in aircraft. But sure fill your days with reading tabloids and believing that aircraft are gonna fall out of the sky each day. Must be a time for a chemtrail discussion as well......

Do they operate while drunk ... If yes you have a point, If not you can yawn in front of a mirror

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Jaysci20

Let this be a stark warning to all the pilots on here - it's not okay to consume three small bottles of vodka before reporting for duty.

As they are plucked out of aircraft's around the globe on a regular base

Do you want to list a couple of this accidents?

Do you want to list a couple of this accidents?

There where no accidents .... yet

Wow, so your argument is totally irrelevant, well done!

Wow, so your argument is totally irrelevant, well done!

So as long as there is no accident involving a drunk pilot everything is irrelevant :confused:

wow back at ya

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I think this discussion has really gone as far as it can. Rules exist in most walks of life, in this case 1 individual messed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement