Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angelcare Monitor Problem

Options
  • 12-06-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all,

We used our Angelcare monitor for our first child and for the past 2 months with baby number 2. Two nights ago we were going to bed and the sensor pad wouldn't pick up any movement from the cot and alarmed. The pendulum icon wasn't moving either. I tried everything I could think of - turn units on and off, turn sensor pad on and off, change pad sensitivity up and down etc etc - with no success. I assumed the pad must be broken so yesterday I went out and bought a replacement sensor pad. However to my shock the problem persists. I'm at a loss now and am (almost) resigned to buying a whole new monitor.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I am not sure of the issue but my sister in law gave me one of these when I was pregnant and never used it. You are welcome to it for parts, if you like, am based in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

You could try their helpline, there’s pribabjy a phone number for a quicker reply but I emailed and they were very helpful. My monitor was also old ish (as in not under warranty or anything) and they sent a replacement part free of charge after trying some troubleshooting (it was a different problem so I can’t help with specifics).

helpline@megababy.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

maxsmum wrote:
    I am not sure of the issue but my sister in law gave me one of these when I was pregnant and never used it. You are welcome to it for parts, if you like, am based in Dublin.

If OP doesn't want this I would love it, first baby due in October and we were looking into this

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Whoever PMs me first can have it if they collect it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 OtterLM

Many thanks for the great replies and very kind offer of the Angelcare for parts. If Cash_Q above is likely to use it I think it would be a shame if we took it for one or two parts and left the remainder unused. I'll get on to Angelcare helpdesk and hopefully they can salvage it. I'll keep you posted on any developments. THanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OtterLM wrote: »
    Many thanks for the great replies and very kind offer of the Angelcare for parts. If Cash_Q above is likely to use it I think it would be a shame if we took it for one or two parts and left the remainder unused. I'll get on to Angelcare helpdesk and hopefully they can salvage it. I'll keep you posted on any developments. THanks again.

That's very considerate of you, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

OtterLM wrote:

Ah thanks that's very good of you!

Advertisement