Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem has stopped working

Options
  • 12-06-2018 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have plugged out the f2000 modem for 5 minutes to reboot but it still isn't working.
    The phone connects to the wifi network but there is no service.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi

I have plugged out the f2000 modem for 5 minutes to reboot but it still isn't working.
    The phone connects to the wifi network but there is no service.

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to hear your modem is not working, the best people to contact is our support team on 1890 260 260. They'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi Tigerandahalf, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'm sorry to hear your modem is not working, the best people to contact is our support team on 1890 260 260. They'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. 

Thanks

Tracey 

That is a locall number that charges extra.
    Do you not have an 01 number?
    Your chat is also down.

That is a locall number that charges extra.
    Do you not have an 01 number?
    Your chat is also down.

Ok I rang and got through to a machine. After typing various numbers I am sent an automated text message with a link to the chat service, which of course isn't available.

Can I get somebody to contact me please?

Can anyone help me with this.
    My ethernet connection is working but the wifi isn't.
    I believe these modems are notorious for giving issues.

Has anyone an idea how to sort this?
    I have tried rebooting but no joy.

Thanks

I am having funny issues. Some apps are workimg on my phone but others won't work.
    Netflix works but the rte player won't. Boards.ie works but the 42.ie and thejournal.ie won't work.

Very strange. I tried a speedtest app but it said a connection couldn't be made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I am having funny issues. Some apps are workimg on my phone but others won't work.
    Netflix works but the rte player won't. Boards.ie works but the 42.ie and thejournal.ie won't work.

Very strange. I tried a speedtest app but it said a connection couldn't be made.
    Hi Tigerandahalf ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

In order to have an issue like this investigated, I would reccomend contacting our technical support team on 1890 260 260.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Friend of mine got the same issue with 42.ie and thejournal, so I would blame poor eir DNS servers. HI REPRESENTATIVES !! THis is surely something YOU can check out without sending us to 1890... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

zom wrote: »

Friend of mine got the same issue with 42.ie and thejournal, so I would blame poor eir DNS servers. HI REPRESENTATIVES !! THis is surely something YOU can check out without sending us to 1890... ?
    Hi zom, 

Unfortunately, we are unable to troubleshoot from here, the support team would need to do this directly with the customer.

I'm sorry it's not better news.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement