Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Burren 2018 - Night into Day

Options
  • 12-06-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Did the Tour de Burren for the first time last year - thought I'd come back this year and have a crack at the new Night into Day event (just for a bit of variety and something different from the norm). From what I recall, the Night into Day event is capped at 400 entries - but looking at the Eventmaster website, the tickets for the Night Into Day event haven't increased to the 101-200 price band yet - so I'm guessing at the moment there are less than 100 mad eejits signed up for that component. Anyone else doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Just signed up for it there. Will be straight onto the train to Athenry after work, cycling down to Balyvaughan, I'll do the nighttime and assess how much I want to cover for the daytime. Then I cycle back to Athenry and catch the train back to Dublin and then out on the piss in Dublin Saturday night.

Am I mad? You bet your ass I am! :P:D:pac::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

Sounds like a great event breakfast in Monks after the night spin included in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

I signed up for it a while back myself - it's definitely a bit of an unknown quantity - could be great, could be terrible. Weather forecast suggests it could be a bit moist on Saturday morning. Will report back after the weekend!

AxleAddict wrote: »
    I signed up for it a while back myself - it's definitely a bit of an unknown quantity - could be great, could be terrible. Weather forecast suggests it could be a bit moist on Saturday morning. Will report back after the weekend!

How moist should it be?

P_1 wrote: »
    How moist should it be?

Hard to say - just to be safe, I'd recommend applying generous amounts of wet lube......to your chain tongue.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I've signed up for it aswell

i did notice the 100 or less people but i also wondered if it just didn't up the price

I do hope its a decent breakfast

Good stuff - I'm hoping for some decent grub as well - only time will tell. It'll be an experience if nothing else...

Well that was damp!

Yeah - must be monsoon season in the Burren after the light drizzle at the start turned into a blustery deluge later on. I wonder what the two or three oncoming cars we met between 2am and 5.30am must've thought when they saw a stream of lights bobbing up and down in the darkness coming towards them :) In contrast, the weather for the normal daytime event was generally a lot better - although still fairly windy. If they do decide to run the Night into Day event again I reckon they might want to push the start time back by about 30-60 minutes so that it's lighter by the time you reach the Cliffs of Moher - apart from that it was grand. Plenty of grub at Lisdoonvarna as well.

Yeah - must be monsoon season in the Burren after the light drizzle at the start turned into a blustery deluge later on. I wonder what the two or three oncoming cars we met between 2am and 5.30am must've thought when they saw a stream of lights bobbing up and down in the darkness coming towards them :) In contrast, the weather for the normal daytime event was generally a lot better - although still fairly windy. If they do decide to run the Night into Day event again I reckon they might want to push the start time back by about 30-60 minutes so that it's lighter by the time you reach the Cliffs of Moher - apart from that it was grand. Plenty of grub at Lisdoonvarna as well.

Jsysis was that yourself I was talking to at the end of the night cycle. Someone was making the very same point about the start time!

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Jsysis was that yourself I was talking to at the end of the night cycle. Someone was making the very same point about the start time!
    Yep - that was me - outside Monks Restaurant. For my sins, I did another sportive the following day - came off the bike and wrecked both wheels in the process. Eventful!

Seems the Night into Day event is back for 2019 - now then, do I want to get another soaking....... :ermm:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dx1200

Seems the Night into Day event is back for 2019 - now then, do I want to get another soaking....... :ermm:

Do it. Scrambled eggs and a gallon of coffee in monks after. Be grand.
    :pac:

Advertisement