Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy corn syrup in Ireland ?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Ok. I'm looking to buy corn syrup in Ireland, I searched the forum and all I could find was a thread with dead links dated 6 years ago, I tried most of the supermarkets. Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

You won't find it in run of the mill supermarkets, I believe it can be got in Asian shops but have never looked so can't confirm that.

It is available in Maynooth at Sugar Sisters, shop or online https://sugarsisters.ie/products/karo-light-corn-syrup-473ml

Depending on what you want it for golden syrup or liquid glucose can be a substitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

SuperValu in bray has an American section and they have corn syrup. I’m not sure if they have similar ranges in other stores through. It did stand out as it’s something I have looked for before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Your best bet is an asian supermarket, I think most of them stock it as it is pretty commonly used in Korean recipes. As Cakerbaker said, Super Valu Bray does have a small US products section but the stock is mostly very expensive (like 8 quid for a box of cereal expensive).

Asiamarket as it listed online for only 1.95 for a 700ml bottle - https://www.asiamarket.ie/beksul-corn-syrup-700g.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I get mine on amazon, about £4 for a 700 ml bottle.. my only option really unless I want to travel to Dublin for a bottle.
    I would normally buy a few more cooking bits to get the free delivery..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I found a bottle of it in "Donnybrook Fair" a few years ago.

Advertisement