Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol Olympia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm selling one standing ticket for the Monday 19th gig as my mate can't go now. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭conspiracycat

Anyone hear anything about an afterparty?

Last time they played, Sam had a DJ set in The Workmans.

Thanks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

NufcNavan wrote: »
    I have two tickets for this and now can't go.

I had arranged to collect the tickets on the day at the Box Office.

Is there any way I can get rid of them now? It would be a lot handier if I had them in hand to get rid of.

Check if there’s a link to PDF in your email. I foolishly did something similar for AllTogetherNow and was in a sweat the day before that I wouldn’t get in without them in hand so I printed either from a link in email or from my ticketmaster account, I can’t remember which.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Check if there’s a link to PDF in your email. I foolishly did something similar for AllTogetherNow and was in a sweat the day before that I wouldn’t get in without them in hand so I printed either from a link in email or from my ticketmaster account, I can’t remember which.

Cheers but it seems I can only print the receipt and not the tickets themselves.

Any other ideas?

Edit: It seems I can sell them on provided whoever gets them has my order number and a photocopy of my credit card but that's not something I'm comfortable handing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sam Fogarino is doing a DJ set in Tower Records on 20th at 1pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

Cheers but it seems I can only print the receipt and not the tickets themselves.

Any other ideas?

Edit: It seems I can sell them on provided whoever gets them has my order number and a photocopy of my credit card but that's not something I'm comfortable handing out.

if you click on 'Print Receipt' it will bring you to a page where you can then print the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I have two tickets for this and now can't go.

I had arranged to collect the tickets on the day at the Box Office.

Is there any way I can get rid of them now? It would be a lot handier if I had them in hand to get rid of.

Did you purchase through Ticketmaster? I had a similar problem. You can resell them but you'll have to Transfer the tickets through TM. Whoever you sell to gives you their email address, you transfer to them, they accept and then the PDF is in their name which is only accessible on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I love Interpol and Ive seen them 5 or 6 times now, but the new album is a massive let down.
    I can't actually listen to it without Paul Bank's voice grating on me.
    Gonna give these shows a miss.

poundhound wrote: »
    I love Interpol and Ive seen them 5 or 6 times now, but the new album is a massive let down.
    I can't actually listen to it without Paul Bank's voice grating on me.
    Gonna give these shows a miss.

I'm kinda on the same boat. I'll still given their previous albums. Always great to hear the TOTBL tracks live.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Their newest is quite good I thought, a real return to the moodiness on songs like 'Surveillance' and 'Stay in Touch' (superb track) The lack of any real slow songs is welcome, I thought they experimented too much with too many of those on recent albums. Looking forward to hearing 'Flight of Fancy', should they play it of course. They don't seem to be playing 'Success' anymore which I thought was a brilliant opener live. Of course the first 2 albums are top of the tree though, can never go wrong with any tracks from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

I'm on my todd (which doesn't bother me in the slightest) but going to have a few drinks in the Foggy Dew before the show , or does anyone know a better bar for before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Has anyone seen any stage times listed? Checked twitter and I can’t find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Has anyone seen any stage times listed? Checked twitter and I can’t find anything

Probably won't see any until on the day I would say.

If I was to guess I would say support would be on 7.45 to 8.30 and Interpol on from 9 or 9.15. They usually are on around that because they breeze through tracks with not so much interaction/stoppages in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Support act at 8pm
    Interpol on at 9pm as per olympia website.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Any feedback on last night's gig?

Stage times would be appreciated if anybody can remember them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Any feedback on last night's gig?

Stage times would be appreciated if anybody can remember them.

Interpol were on at 21:15 and finished around 22:45.Great setlist with a good mix from the first two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LagunaSeca

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/interpol/2018/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-6397f2e3.html

6th time seeing them and it was possibly the best yet.

If you've been on the fence about going tonight or tomorrow you won't be disappointed if you decide to grab one of few tix still available.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Great mix of old and new. They didn't do the thing some bands do which is have a 20-30 minute lull in the middle when they play their new songs. They were mixed in quite well.

The new songs were noticeably more upbeat and danceable!

Excellent gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm trying to recall with Olympia, but is it best to get into main standing area just after support band finish and never leave?

I recall being at a gig there, standing in the main area, and went for a beer during main act but had 0 chance getting back into standing area after. :)

EDIT: Actually I recall they had wristbands at the last gig and I missed out, so are these given out post support act, or before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Anyone heading along this evening is in for a treat.

Excellent gig, Evil is one of my favourite songs by any band so made a bit of an eejit of myself during that.

Absolutely shattered today and the demons have come calling, thank God for the Foos announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm trying to recall with Olympia, but is it best to get into main standing area just after support band finish and never leave?

I recall being at a gig there, standing in the main area, and went for a beer during main act but had 0 chance getting back into standing area after. :)

EDIT: Actually I recall they had wristbands at the last gig and I missed out, so are these given out post support act, or before?
    Yep, they give wristbands out to the first 100 people into the main door (GA door). There is sometimes a queue of 20-30, but very rarely any more that that. If you head along within 10mins of doors opening (7pm), you should be fine.
    You get in the pit, and can come and go from the bar with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Yep, they give wristbands out to the first 100 people into the main door (GA door). There is sometimes a queue of 20-30, but very rarely any more that that. If you head along within 10mins of doors opening (7pm), you should be fine.
    You get in the pit, and can come and go from the bar with ease.

Did they definitely have a pit last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Did they definitely have a pit last night?

Yep they did, we got right up the front in the middle. The support act was decent too, so well worth it to get there early. Sound was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I've a couple front row Circle tickets for tonight for sale over on toutless, open to offers at this stage.

Was at the concert last night and it was top notch. I'm too exhausted today for another gig though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Waaaay too late notice but worth a shot. got a free seated ticket for anyone in city centre who want to go tonight. Band starts at 9.15.

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Well that was amazing, finished with Obstacle 1 and Evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Savage gig.

Great gig indeed. On par with their last Olympia showing. On initial impression, there was a lot of songs from their second and third album. Was hoping for PDA, Untitled and Stella but unfortunately none were played. I reckon Stella will be played tomorrow so whoever is going is in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Went last night. Absolutely top class

Advertisement