Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interpol Olympia

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Yep they did, we got right up the front in the middle. The support act was decent too, so well worth it to get there early. Sound was perfect.

Out of interest where were you for perfect sound?
    Another gig with ropey sound and I might just take out a sound engineer or two! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Out of interest where were you for perfect sound?
    Another gig with ropey sound and I might just take out a sound engineer or two! :pac:

At the very front, in front of Paul Banks. No speakers right there. Was really perfect, not exaggerating. Was at Editors last month and was to the side of the stage and while it was excellent, the speakers did affect us, and we said we wouldn't stand in front of them again.

Sunday night was the best gig I've been to in the Olympia. Last time Interpol played there, the sound was a let down for us.
    This time you could tell that nobody was leaving disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Got a pair of tickets for tonight if anyone wants to catch the last Dublin gig. 4th row of circle

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    At the very front, in front of Paul Banks. No speakers right there. Was really perfect, not exaggerating. Was at Editors last month and was to the side of the stage and while it was excellent, the speakers did affect us, and we said we wouldn't stand in front of them again.

Sunday night was the best gig I've been to in the Olympia. Last time Interpol played there, the sound was a let down for us.
    This time you could tell that nobody was leaving disappointed.

Thanks for the heads up!
    Unlikely I'll get to that position tho, I'd say it'll be full by the time I get in. Hoping for a good gig tonight. Bad sound really pisses my off tho! Should be safe enough beside the sound engineer!....... Hopefully! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mondays gig was superb. There's a lot to be said for knowing what you're going to get from an Interpol gig without any bells and whistles. I thought 'Flight of Fancy' was great live, it inevitably doesn't get the same reaction being a new song but I thought it was a great live track. The light show was terrific as well, which isn't something I thought I'd need to say about an Interpol gig :P

'Take You On A Cruise' was brilliant, just something about the structure of the song that lends itself to being fantastic live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Tonight's was fantastic, and yes Stella was during encore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

mrcheez wrote: »
    Tonight's was fantastic, and yes Stella was during encore :D

Arghhhhh. Lucky you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Great gig last night, I wanted Public Pervert and Stella and I got em :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

They were brilliant last night. I was hoping they'd play Untitled and they opened with it, a shortened version but still. Amazing gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

Great Show. They have such a tight sound. I loved the mix of old and new songs. Sam is an amazing drummer.

• Advertisement

Anybody pick up an event poster? How much were they going for?

Looked pretty nifty!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Went Sunday have to say they never disappoint was happy with the set pity no Stella but delighted with hands away,,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Anybody pick up an event poster? How much were they going for?

Looked pretty nifty!

They were €25

Advertisement