Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay and display

Options
  • 12-06-2018 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I want to park in a pay and display + Permit parking area overnight. I don't have a permit. Could i get clamped? Is overnight parking for those only with permits?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hithere246 wrote: »
    I want to park in a pay and display + Permit parking area overnight. I don't have a permit. Could i get clamped? Is overnight parking for those only with permits?
    Thanks

Is paying by txt an option. Each area in Dublin has a "zone". Zones are displayed on the parking signs by colours or letters at the bottom.

Txt the following to park for 60 minutes in the red zone. Number is 53311

Park Red 60 (car reg) m

Overnight is what 10 hours? 600 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hithere246

dobman88 wrote:
    Txt the following to park for 60 minutes in the red zone. Number is 53311

dobman88 wrote:
    Is paying by txt an option. Each area in Dublin has a "zone". Zones are displayed on the parking signs by colours or letters at the bottom.

dobman88 wrote:
    Park Red 60 (car reg) m

dobman88 wrote:
    Overnight is what 10 hours? 600 minutes.

The pay and display ends at 6. Does that mean it's free overnight. I feel a bit stupid asking but i cant find the answer on the DCC website.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hithere246 wrote: »
    The pay and display ends at 6. Does that mean it's free overnight. I feel a bit stupid asking but i cant find the answer on the DCC website.

yes it ends at six

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hithere246

Stheno wrote:
    yes it ends at six

Thanks for that info

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Just watch out - sometims it kicks in at 7am the next morning, not sure what time the clampers start but a lie in could cost you.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Just watch out - sometims it kicks in at 7am the next morning, not sure what time the clampers start but a lie in could cost you.

Is it still possible to pre pay. You put money in the machine now and you get the time you pay for from when restrictions kick in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Whatever you do unless you have literally no other option do not register with Parkbytext - the greatest shower of chancers ever to walk the earth, with their registration fee which you can't even use, credit you lose if you don't use it, complete and utter cowboys.
    I'd walk 50 miles to a parking meter before I'll give them another red cent.

Advertisement