Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clover Mites/Blood Suckers

Options
  • 12-06-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Front/back gardens are fairly well invaded by these fellas, looking to get rid of them as it makes sitting out in this fine weather not the most enjoyable. Clean off the patio table and chairs and half hour later back to normal.

Alot of the front and back is concrete, which is half the problem with the heat lately. I was thinking of a chlorine water mix but is there something better, do a complete spray all over and see how that goes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Squatter wrote: »

Thanks, any pesticdies recommendations?
    What stops them coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

But clover mites are harmless....why the need to get rid of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

But clover mites are harmless....why the need to get rid of them?

I'd prefer to have some mites in the garden than have a garden dosed with toxic pesticide anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

macraignil wrote: »
    I'd prefer to have some mites in the garden than have a garden dosed with toxic pesticide anyway.

Me too. I see no reason to be getting rid of these guys, unless I'm missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

macraignil wrote: »

We only have concrete in our back garden, (bar a few potted plants etc.) So with not alot of harm and blood suckers crawling all over can make it uncomfortable when it's not just a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

We only have concrete in our back garden, (bar a few potted plants etc.) So with not alot of harm and blood suckers crawling all over can make it uncomfortable when it's not just a few!

Chemical pesticides will not only kill the red spider mites but also all of the beneficial insects, spiders and other bugs in your garden that help pollinate your flowers and control the numbers of other more problematic pests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They are not blood suckers for a start. You would still be putting harmful pesticides into the environment. There has to be vegetation very near by if Clover Mites are present.

Advertisement