Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay-put foundation for holiday?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for makeup that won’t slide down my face in 5 minutes on a foreign holiday??? Argh! :(:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Do you have to wear full coverage foundation? I often use MAC face and body or bourjois healthy mix serum foundation and some concealer where needed, works much better than full coverage I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If you want full coverage that'll stay put in heat, Estee Lauder Double Wear or Catrice HD Liquid Coverage foundation will do the trick. Apply with a damp beauty blender type sponge to avoid things getting cakey. A good hydrating spray and a gentle going-over with a damp beauty blender during the day helps too.
    I wouldn't consider using these day-to-day on holiday in a hot place though - maybe for a night out, or I'd use it for work in hot weather, but for normal day wear I think it's probably a bit much!

I love Dr Jart+ Premium BB cream in 45 spf
    Medium coverage, but (on me at least) doesn't melt! Blends really well and works with all powders I've tried. Never had an issue with concealer or foundation on top either. My skin is clear but dry and quite pale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Has anyone tried the IT cosmetics CC cream, it's meant to have good coverage and spf of 50, so would suit holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

GingerLily wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the IT cosmetics CC cream, it's meant to have good coverage and spf of 50, so would suit holidays!

I use it and really like it but I haven't tested it in a hot climate. I normally wear it on days I want a fuller coverage or I want my make up to last into evening after work.

In the sun I normally just go with glowy primer all over (like Becca) and concealer where I feel I need/want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MsQuinn

Just bought Smashbox Studio Skin foundation and I love it. It stays on all day - most foundations disappear from my nose after about 4 hours. Very buildable also so you can really sheer it out for day wear.

Other long wearing ones I like are Teint Idole by Lancome and Cover FX Power play - they don't budge much on me.

Double Wear great but can be a bit cakey. I have the Double Wear Water/Nude also. It can be a bit glowy - but it lasts longer than other glowy ones.

Advertisement