Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long reach hedge trimmer

Options
  • 12-06-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Anyone recommend a long reach hedge cutter. What make and model to look out for or any pros and cons.

Would be looking at a petrol type.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I recken that unless you have a multi-day need every year you are better off renting. I have some beech and yew and can get them done on one day (barely). The rental costs about 10% of the purchase of a brand-name piece. At that I'll happily rent annually and have no maintenance issues. Get a standard one if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, but rent for the high bits.
    Rent for one year anyway, to see how it goes.

Incidentally, even for low hedges the long reach unit is ergonomically way superior, carrying the weight on the shoulder straps and the operator rocking, rather than waving the whole unit.

Advertisement