Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half a Dunnes receipt any good for return?

Options
  • 12-06-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I'm expecting a "no" but just checking. I have an item for return and for some weird reason, only have the 2nd half of the receipt so total spent but not itemised. Bummed....

Don't spose there's anything on the barcode thingy that can identify the items or at least the store that might let me exchange if not refund??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The barcode usually suffices on most till systems. I've found Dunnes difficult for returns before in general though personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As long as there's an identifier on the receipt, they should be able to pull up the transaction details. Also, did you pay by card or cash? Card gives them another way to find the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭misc2013

dudara wrote: »
    As long as there's an identifier on the receipt, they should be able to pull up the transaction details. Also, did you pay by card or cash? Card gives them another way to find the transaction.

Thanks. Maybe it's worth a try so. was credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

misc2013 wrote: »
    I'm expecting a "no" but just checking. I have an item for return and for some weird reason, only have the 2nd half of the receipt so total spent but not itemised. Bummed....

Don't spose there's anything on the barcode thingy that can identify the items or at least the store that might let me exchange if not refund??

Dunnes can be hit and miss, I have managed to exchange some items with just a "I cannot find the receipt" smile, other times i get a full on push back, even with all the proper documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

misc2013 wrote: »

If its the barcode on the receipt, then that's all you need. One scan of that will bring up the entire transaction on their till systems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement