Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ollie & Mac - help to find brand of sold out dress

• 12-06-2018 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I have fallen in love with a dress from Ollie&Mac boutique , that I'd love to get for an upcoming family wedding. They are sold out in my size and obviously wont divulge the brand, so hoping someone here can point me in the right direction? Also stocked in Rosie's Closet boutique but sold out there too. Im a new user so cant add a link/image etc. But its a light blight bardot swing dress with a jaquard embossed print. Proper swoon worthy.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Can you post a pic of the dress and the size you are looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Buddy83

In a size 12. But id take a larger size and get it altered either.

Not letting me imbed an image etc. But on the ollie and mac website in the dresses section its a light blue skater dress with a bardot neckline and an embossed print on it..... sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Can’t see anything like that on the website OP, have you tried doing a reverse google image search? I think it’s a bit mean of them not to tell you the brand when it’s sold out!

• Advertisement

Yep thats the one ðŸ˜. Ive tried a reverse image search but nothing is coming up.

NCMC - I know what you mean seen as they have no more of that dress available, pity they wont just divulge the brand but i can see it from their side too (makes me wonder about the markup ;) )

Did you try emailing Rosie’s Closet? They might be more accommodating and tell you the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

I've had a look and don't see it anywhere else, but check out http://phoenixv.ie they have a number of similar styles and all their dresses can be custom made or altered to what you're looking for

Hi NCMC, i tried Rosies Closet for a brand name but no joy there either.

Thanks so much for having a look Prominent_Dawg, yeh i popped into the phoenix V shop in Dublin last week, some lovely stuff alright, pricey and then extra on top for the custom made element or even just to get ir made in ur size if its not stocked in the shop.... but mite be the way for me to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 katiecork

Have you looked at The Pretty Little Dress Company. It’s online but several boutiques stock their dresses if you need to try on for size. Loads of very similar dresses.

Thanks for the tip katiecork, heading to their website now! Sizes go so quickly in the boutiques as soon as they put a pic up on FB if its a showstopper the dress is sold out (or only in a 6) within a few hours. I need to be quicker on the draw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭kaykay27

If you follow bloggers unveiled on IG she has outed cari’s closet for buying all their stock from China....maybe the hesitancy from rosie’s Closet might have something to do with the massive mark up....might be worth while spending some time on aliexpress

Hi kaykay27, i did a quick image search on Aliexpress for something similar a few weeks ago and nothing came up but i mite just have another look! Thanks

Advertisement