Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re requesting loan pack for mortgage

Options
  • 13-06-2018 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

We’re sale agreed on a property and have mortgage approval from AIB. Ulster Bank are giving better rates so we’ve applied to them as well however they’re being quite slow and after about 3 weeks of back and forth, the person we’ve been dealing with has finally sent our application to the lenders. They have told us it will take a week and a half to hear back.

The plan is to close on the house we’re sale agreed on by the end of next month. I’m looking for some advice, should we be ditching the Ulster Bank application in order to progress the sale or should we have enough time to wait for the outcome of the Ulster Bank application.

How long does it usually take for the banks to issue their loan packs? I haven’t progressed our application with AIB because we were waiting on Ulster Bank, also wondering should I keep things moving on the AIB side in case the Ulster Bank process takes too long?

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement