Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyeliner transfer

Options
  • 13-06-2018 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

This is the bane of my life! I find that mac gel eyeliner and flyidline liquid liner, is the best smudge proof one for me and doesn't transfer. All others do. It's very finicky though I find. The brush for the liquid one is really fine so you may want to use a different brush. It goes floppy quite quick though so I eventually gave up buying it.

Also a primer over the eyelid seems to help, I dunno if it is because it stops transfer of the liner happening or if it helps keep the eye shadow in place and therefore any liner transfer is less noticeable, I'm not sure. I also use black eyeshadow over the liner to set it so maybe the primer helps with that? Sorry i dont have much advice- I feel your pain though!

I find that if I use anything oil based it tends to increase transfer ev en if its under my eye as opposed to on the lid itself. So perhaps ensure that products your are using are oil free and ensure you powder sufficiently too? I dunno if that's a thing though! Just something I've noticed when I use products that have oil in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Yep you will lose definition/crispness. I'm not the most steady handed so my eyeliner is never very neat tbh! But even if you could use shadow on the lid, and leave the eyeliner alone on outer corner if there is no transfer there. My transfer is always only in centre really where the lid crease is, outer corner wouldn't have as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I get where you are coming from. Firstly I would suggest using an eye primer. Urban decay is a pretty good one although a budget friendly one I find really good is wet n wild.

In terms of non transferring eyeliner, I swear by Catrice eyeliner pens. They are like a felt tip pen and do not transfer for me.
    https://www.catrice.eu/ie/eye-makeup/eyeliner/eye-pencil/catrice-cosmetics/calligraph-ultra-slim-eyeliner-pen.html
    I would also recommend Kiko eye liners but the nearest Kiko is Belfast although I think the brand ship to Ireland.

Lastly, if you have quite hooded eyes, applying eyeliner to the top lid may emphasize it further. If you do quite a heavy line, then all you will see is the eyeliner and you won't see the eyeshadow you may have carefully applied and blended. So perhaps consider either smudging a darker eyeshadow along your upper lash line or tightlining the inside of the upper lash line.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahmannion

There are a lot of people, nowadays, resorting to semi-permanent make-up as a solution to problems like this - it can be a bit pricey for the treatments but thought it might be something you could look into.

Advertisement