Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Maynooth to Clane

Options
  • 13-06-2018 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an idea how much a taxi from Maynooth to Clane would be?

I'll probably be getting the train to Maynooth on Sat night, getting around midnight and will need to get a taxi from there to Cane.

Any idea roughly how much it will cost me? And should I pre-book it or would I be OK walking to one of the taxi offices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Midnight you won't need to prebook, there'll be taxis about and its well before the bars close.

€25 on a meter, local driver will probably do it for less but not sure how much less as the "local rates" a load of them agree on went up a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Cheers L1011

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Steer clear of meter guys. You will have a large hole.in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,892 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ixus wrote: »

They're basically all meter now - virtually no hack licences left. If you get less than 20 for off meter in a meter car I'd be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

ixus wrote: »

You will have the correct metered fare if you take a taxi, at midnight a hackney from a local cab company could quote you €30.

• Advertisement

I'll just go with a metered cab and take my chances.

Thanks for the input

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

https://www.worldtaximeter.com/ is a handy tool to get fares from.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I've never paid more than €25 from Maynooth to clane

Would anyone know would I have much hassle getting a taxi from Sallins at that time, instead of Maynooth? I could get the train to Sallins either. I'm assuming in Sallins I'd have to call a taxi from Naas, would I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

conf101 wrote: »
    Would anyone know would I have much hassle getting a taxi from Sallins at that time, instead of Maynooth? I could get the train to Sallins either. I'm assuming in Sallins I'd have to call a taxi from Naas, would I?

I'd imagine it might be cheaper, there is a Salins Taxi company listed on Google. Where are you travelling from initially?

• Advertisement

The Mulk wrote: »
    I'd imagine it might be cheaper, there is a Salins Taxi company listed on Google. Where are you travelling from initially?

I'd say it'd be cheaper alright, just wondering how handy it'll be to pick up a taxi at that time of night.

I'm coming from the city, but it doesn't really matter to me which train station I come from. Last bus to Clane is 9.30 on a Sat, which is too early for me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Sallins would probably be a bit cheaper. You could ring naas taxis or Andys cabs and they will pick you up in sallins. You might be able to book in advance although 12am should be OK.

Yeah. I've never had trouble getting a Taxi in Naas.
    Pre book and you should be fine.
    67N or 66N will get you to Celbridge or Maynooth too, to pick up a taxi, if any of the trains don't suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭NinetyForNone

The Mulk wrote: »
    66N
    Terminates at Leixlip (Louisa Bridge) unfortunately.

Terminates at Leixlip (Louisa Bridge) unfortunately.

I never knew this,
    I got on the one that went up Captain's Hill before and had to get a taxi back to Celbridge because i missed the 67N.:pac:

Thanks all, I won't be stuck anyway!!

Advertisement