Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Events in Kerry this weekend

• 13-06-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Is there much happening in Kerry this weekend?Any festivals or concerts?Will be down for day or two.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

fire_man wrote: »
    Hi.

Is there much happening in Kerry this weekend?Any festivals or concerts?Will be down for day or two.
    Thanks

Field na Blath festival is on in Tralee this weekend.
    https://www.facebook.com/parkfestivaltralee/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

fire_man wrote: »
    Hi.

Thanks

Be aware that there will be some traffic restrictions for the visit of bonny Prince Charles and Camellia.

They'll be around Killarney and Derrynane House Friday at least so plan ahead.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Be aware that there will be some traffic restrictions for the visit of bonny Prince Charles and Camellia.

They'll be around Killarney and Derrynane House tomorrow at least so plan ahead.

Killarney traffic is bad everyday, not just on day of royal visit, so give yourself plenty of time if you're going anywhere in the town or have to pass through on the way to Muckross/Kenmare etc.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Killarney traffic is bad everyday, not just on day of royal visit, so give yourself plenty of time if you're going anywhere in the town or have to pass through on the way to Muckross/Kenmare etc.

That's very true actually, and it's tomorrow (Friday) that they are around Kerry.

Hopefully they'll be using a helicopter for most of the travelling or it'll be a nightmare trying to drive around.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They will be visiting Tralee also, so there are restrictions in the Ivy Terrace/Denny street area between 10am - 2pm. It shouldn't cause too many problems in Tralee though. Great exposure for the town to have them visit here, as well as Killarney!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

That's very true actually, and it's tomorrow (Friday) that they are around Kerry.

Hopefully they'll be using a helicopter for most of the travelling or it'll be a nightmare trying to drive around.

Mission Road Killarney closed from 2.45 to 4.45 approx. Given how busy that is on a normal day, it's a recipe for total chaos.

Traffic on Muckross Road was backed up well beyond Flesk Bridge and on Cork/Mallow Road side, cars out beyond Lissivigeen Roundabout on a 'normal' evening yesterday.

There was some crew of protection squad or whatever they are called around the place yesterday evening and today.

There was a good few helicopters around too, after the first marked crew of 6 garda vans passed me on the road about 1, 5 minutes later there must have been another dozen at least of black Range Rovers and other black cars with flashing lights and the motorbike Gardai as well on red alert.

I met the main convoy just after I passed a narrow bridge so they all had to slow down, there was some serious looking guys in some of those vehicles. One lad was driving what looked like a bomb proof shell on four wheels with no passengers so the Royal couple were probably on a helicopter.

Very impressive to see the level of security, hopefully now the visit will get worldwide publicity and draw more visitors.

God knows we could do with a few tourists every now and again.

Advertisement