Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

Sacked twice by Chelsea so pay offs

Sacked by Madrid pay off.

Will be sacked by Man U so another pay off.

All after signing contract extensions.

You said does he do it on purpose after signing a contract so only once at chelsea?

I thought he wasn't sacked by madrid? So no pay off if so.

And not sacked at united so far, so only once if the info you are giving me is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    You said does he do it on purpose after signing a contract so only once at chelsea?

I thought he wasn't sacked by madrid? So no pay off if so.

And not sacked at united so far, so only once if the info you are giving me is correct

I didn't say I asked the question does he do it on purpose to get a pay off!

But hey what does that matter on the internet/

From what I have seen and showed the links to it he signs a new contract extensions at every club and is gone before the end of the following season.

I didn't say I asked the question does he do it on purpose to get a pay off!

But hey what does that matter on the internet/

From what I have seen and showed the links to it he signs a new contract extensions at every club and is gone before the end of the following season.

Well you have answered your own question and no it doesn't look that way given the info you provided

Chelsea
    Well you have answered your own question and no it doesn't look that way given the info you provided

Can you now show me the links to prove he didn’t get pay offs.

Since I showed you the links you asked for that proved he did sign contract extensions.

Can you now show me the links to prove he didn’t get pay offs.

Since I showed you the links you asked for that proved he did sign contract extensions.

You mused he signs contracts to get big pay offs, you showed us the contracts but not the payoffs I'm afraid the onus is on you to provide the evidence unless you were just talking out of your hat.

I'm only basing what I'm saying off the info you gave me to best answer your question

Chelsea
    You mused he signs contracts to get big pay offs, you showed us the contracts but not the payoffs I'm afraid the onus is on you to provide the evidence unless you were just talking out of your hat.

I'm only basing what I'm saying off the info you gave me to best answer your question

Mused lol

I asked a question.

So you don't have an answer yourself and are just being contrarian to keep the discussion going.

Look that's fine and good to know at least no I know you can't back up what your talking about and I no longer need to engage with you as a poster.

Mused lol

I asked a question.

So you don't have an answer yourself and are just being contrarian to keep the discussion going.

That's fine and good to know.

You have answered the question already yourself, given the info available to the general public it doesn't look like thats what he does and i agree with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

See red

He won the Champions League and UEFA cup with Porto, that is the great success there.Don't think many other managers would have done that.

He was brought in specifically to win the champions league with Inter who were atrocious in europe before he got there, he achieved that.

He got Chelsea going back in the early days of Abrahmovic, to win any clubs first title in 50 years is a great achievement.

Those were all top class achivements, Porto are probably going to be the last team outside of the big 5 leagues to ever win the champions league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Man Utd
    Mourinho has won 1 league in his last 7 attempts (soon to be 1 in 8).

Is it a case that his methods are not suited to league football anymore, especially one that is so attack minded and competitive as the PL?

FitzShane wrote: »

Is it a case that his methods are not suited to league football anymore, especially one that is so attack minded and competitive as the PL?

1 in 7?

Madrid yes
    Madrid no
    Chelsea no
    Chelsea yes
    Chelsea no
    Manchester no
    Manchester no

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but thought its 2 in 7

Throw up the record of the other managers in the league, for a comparison and we might be able to answer your question better

Man Utd
    1 in 7?

Madrid yes
    Madrid no
    Chelsea no
    Chelsea yes
    Chelsea no
    Manchester no
    Manchester no

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but thought its 2 in 7

Throw up the record of the other managers in the league, for a comparison and we might be able to answer your question better

You left out the 1st season in Madrid aswell where he didn't win it there either

Mourinho:
    10/11 Madrid - No
    11/12 Madrid - Yes
    12/13 Madrid - No
    13/14 Chelsea - No
    14/15 Chelsea - Yes
    15/16 Chelsea - No
    16/17 United - No
    17/18 United - No
    18/19 United - won't

2 in 8, soon to be 2 in 9 years.

Klopp:
    10/11 BVB- Yes
    11/12 BVB- Yes
    12/13 BVB- No
    13/14 BVB- No
    14/15 BVB- No
    15/16 Liverpool - No
    16/17 Liverpool - No
    17/18 Liverpool - No
    18/19 Liverpool - possible

2 in 8, will be either 2 or 3 in 9

Pep:
    10/11 Barca- Yes
    11/12 Barca - No
    12/13 - No
    13/14 Bayern - Yes
    14/15 Bayern- Yes
    15/16 Bayern- Yes
    16/17 City- No
    17/18 City- Yes
    18/19 City- possible

5 out of 9, will be wither 5 or 6 in 9.

You left out the 1st season in Madrid aswell where he didn't win it there either

you left it out you said 1 in 7 :confused:

What about Poch and Sarri they play attacking foorball

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

All managers have different circumstances, different finances and different squads left to them. It's a fairly pointless comparison to look at who won the league. Poch has won nothing but I would say he has done a brilliant job .

All managers have different circumstances, different finances and different squads left to them. It's a fairly pointless comparison to look at who won the league. Poch has won nothing but I would say he has done a brilliant job .

O i totally agree but the question asked was framed around league wins so I was just curious of the results

• Advertisement

Man Utd

Ya different circumstances for different managers at different clubs.

eg Poch at Southampton or Espanyol can't be compared to Pep at Bayern, likewise Sarri at Empoli can't be compared to Mourinho at Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

City have a documentary on Amazon.

Man U have Mourinho promoting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Burnley

Mourinho:
    10/11 Madrid - No
    11/12 Madrid - Yes
    12/13 Madrid - No
    13/14 Chelsea - No
    14/15 Chelsea - Yes
    15/16 Chelsea - No
    16/17 United - No
    17/18 United - No
    18/19 United - won't

2 in 8, soon to be 2 in 9 years.

Klopp:
    10/11 BVB- Yes
    11/12 BVB- Yes
    12/13 BVB- No
    13/14 BVB- No
    14/15 BVB- No
    15/16 Liverpool - No
    16/17 Liverpool - No
    17/18 Liverpool - No
    18/19 Liverpool - possible

2 in 8, will be either 2 or 3 in 9

Pep:
    10/11 Barca- Yes
    11/12 Barca - No
    12/13 - No
    13/14 Bayern - Yes
    14/15 Bayern- Yes
    15/16 Bayern- Yes
    16/17 City- No
    17/18 City- Yes
    18/19 City- possible

5 out of 9, will be wither 5 or 6 in 9.

Lol so Liverpool and City are equal these days :pac::pac:

Pep won with Bayern/City ffs

so to be accurate
    Jose 2/7
    Klopp 1/7
    Pep 5/7

This bull**** about counting possible wins is retarded, may as well say Spurs will be 1 in 9 or Everton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

irishman86 wrote: »

so to be accurate
    Jose 2/7
    Klopp 1/7
    Pep 5/7

This bull**** about counting possible wins is retarded, may as well say Spurs will be 1 in 9 or Everton
    Why out of 7 and not 8 as above?

May as well just say
    Jose 0/1
    Klopp 0/1
    Pep 1/1

fullstop wrote: »
    Why out of 7 and not 8 as above?

May as well just say
    Jose 0/1
    Klopp 0/1
    Pep 1/1

I think originally op got it wrong and thought Jose won in his first season with Madrid so said 7 to make it look worse, when he realised it was 2 in 7 he moved it to 8 to make other managers look better

Burnley
    I think originally op got it wrong and thought Jose won in his first season with Madrid so said 7 to make it look worse, when he realised it was 2 in 7 he moved it to 8 to make other managers look better

Sure its stupid either way
    Why not there whole career
    **** it Brendan Rogers has won the league every year in Scotland, best manager ever

• Spurs
    irishman86 wrote: »

so to be accurate
    Jose 2/7
    Klopp 1/7
    Pep 5/7

We have had something similar before around league positions.
    I read last year in here that being third and fourth is actually better than being 2nd for example :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Chelsea

I don't think so. He fails on the man management side of affairs. I wouldn't doubt his ability when it comes to footballing methods for one second. Little doubt that he has the ability to steer a side to a league title or major European trophy. A break away from football and a move away to club which gets less media attention would do him the world of good, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Man Utd
    Berserker wrote: »
    and a move away to club which gets less media attention

He's partially the reason the club is getting so much attention lately.

Burnley
    I read last year in here that being third and fourth is actually better than being 2nd for example :P

If your on drugs maybe or dont realise how numbers work :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chelsea

Better? No but it was much of a much last year, no one came close to challenging city.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't know why people are counting how many leagues managers won previously.
    Doesn't matter that Klopp won leagues at Dortmund, what Pep won at Bayern or what Mourinho won elsewhere.
    Why? Cause it's utterly f**king irrelevant to where all 3 are now. Pep won a league at City, improving their team and style. Klopp has to do much better domestically this season and Jose has to as well as United haven't been in a title race since Ferguson was around.
    A sh*tty FA or League Cup doesn't count as progression for either. Both have to give City a title race, unlike last season when it was won before Christmas.

Chelsea
    It seems Bobby Madley didn't quit because of that video rumour.

However it seems he was forced out/sacked by the PGMO for a video on snapchat where he mocked a disabled man.

He has moved to Norway to try and ref over there.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    Milner today becomes only the 4th player to play 100 games for three different clubs in the PL after Garth Barry, Gary Speed and Rory Delap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Man Utd
    blueser wrote: »
    Oops!

VVD apologies to his goalie in the words of Elvis Costello (almost): "Oh, Alison, my aim is not quite true.":p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Man Utd
    Liverpools 2 megabucks signings linking up well for that Leicester goal. ...... Alison was very poor but the pass back to him was very poor in itself.

Can see Liverpool scoring on the counter here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Allison thinking he's Ederson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    VVD apologies to his goalie in the words of Elvis Costello (almost): "Oh, Alison, my aim is not quite true.":p
    Very good. I doff my cap to you Sir!

Chelsea
    Looks like Son ( and the rest of the team) is safe from military service Korea winning 2 nil in extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    Looks like Son ( and the rest of the team) is safe from military service Korea winning 2 nil in extra time.

Seems Japan pulled one back but the Koreans held out for the win. That must have been incredibly tense.

From what I've read the Korean keeper Jo made some big saves. I remember him doing well at the World Cup. Must be some club in Europe willing to give him a chance. Can't imagine he'd cost a lot and he's not going to be in the army now!

Chelsea
    Huddersfield 1 up against Everton.

Scratch that it's 1-1

Two goals in a minute.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    Brighton missed a pen now Fulham 1 up through Schurrle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Interesting to see how Chelsea will fair when they come up against one of the big teams. Look good going forward but not looking too good at the back against Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ERG89 wrote: »
    Don't know why people are counting how many leagues managers won previously.
    Doesn't matter that Klopp won leagues at Dortmund, what Pep won at Bayern or what Mourinho won elsewhere.
    Why? Cause it's utterly f**king irrelevant to where all 3 are now. Pep won a league at City, improving their team and style. Klopp has to do much better domestically this season and Jose has to as well as United haven't been in a title race since Ferguson was around.
    A sh*tty FA or League Cup doesn't count as progression for either. Both have to give City a title race, unlike last season when it was won before Christmas.

To be fair City had won 19 and drawn one of their first 20 league games by December 27th last year..unless someone else was going to have a record breaking season as well nobody was making a race of it in that situation.

If we compare how many points the eventual champions had every year after 20 games in the PL since moving to a 38 game season (City had 58 remember)

95/96 Man Utd = 38 points
    96/97 Man Utd = 37 points
    97/98 Arsenal = 34 points
    98/99 Man Utd = 35 points
    99/00 Man Utd = 44 points
    00/01 Man Utd = 46 points
    01/02 Arsenal = 39 points
    02/03 Man Utd = 35 points
    03/04 Arsenal = 46 points
    04/05 Chelsea = 49 points
    05/06 Chelsea = 55 points
    06/07 Man Utd = 50 points
    07/08 Man Utd = 45 points
    08/09 Man Utd = 44 points
    09/10 Chelsea = 45 points
    10/11 Man Utd = 44 points
    11/12 Man City = 48 points
    12/13 Man Utd = 49 points
    13/14 Man City = 44 points
    14/15 Chelsea = 46 points
    15/16 Leicester = 40 points
    16/17 Chelsea = 49 points

Man Utd
    Chelsea make the breakthrough.

Man Utd
    Wolves score, West Ham's dismal start continues.

Southampton scores again - someone unprounceable.

Chelsea
    Pellegrini's in deep sh*t right now with that result. Next three league games they have:

Everton (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Man United (H)

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Not the worst to be honest.

Chelsea
    Not the worst to be honest.

They lost 4-0 to Everton at Goodison in last season's fixture, and Chelsea are looking very impressive. I think he's gone with just two more losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Won't be too many clamouring for Wilshire to get back in the England squad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

No Sane in the City squad. Fortunately he has been recalled by Germany for upcoming friendlies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Man Utd
    Lovely goal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement