Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Why are these polls not locked after the season starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just saw the Pickford penalty... My God, how was that not a red card, obvious as hell. Officials are a joke in the EPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Spurs
    Watching the newcastle peno, why do players go down the middle, surely it decreases the odds of going in comapred to picking a corner

Spurs
    How did pickford stay on the pitch, his jesture with the tongue was laughable as well on him, karma got the smug idiot.

England would want to go looking again for a new keeper, just because he's actually ****e in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Pickford is an arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    Pickford has Ramos levels of arseness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ramos is a talented arsehole though.

And has proportionally sized arms.
    Thought Pickford's spear was hilarious tho.

Spurs
    ERG89 wrote: »
    And has proportionally sized arms.
    Thought Pickford's spear was hilarious tho.

I hadnt seen it at the game time but was reading boards

Someone mentioned "the spear" by edge in wwe.

Absolutely on point was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Liverpool
    What was the spear? Second goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Man Utd
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    I hadnt seen it at the game time but was reading boards

Someone mentioned "the spear" by edge in wwe.

Absolutely on point was hilarious.

That was me.

• Advertisement

Spurs
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Man Utd
    gstack166 wrote: »
    I’ve already made my point on it. I just agreed with what you just posted a message back also.

My opinion is VVD deserves it this year no matter Liverpool’s finishing position, but Salah did not deserve it over KDB.

Salah 100% deserved it last season but so would have KDB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    Watching the newcastle peno, why do players go down the middle, surely it decreases the odds of going in comapred to picking a corner
    I'd have said the opposite. In 90-odd percent of penalties, the keeper will dive one way or the other. The main danger of going straight down the middle would be hitting the keeper's trailing leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    Just watched MotD damn there was some really shocking refereeing decisions across the PL yesterday.

• Spurs
    VAR would have helped sort the bad decisions and help refs follow the laws of the game like the Champions league.

Can't come in quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A question.
    Pochetino was suspended yesterday. What does that mean, is he allowed or barred from contact with the team during the game?
    I ask because during yesterday's game, he can be seen walking to the rear of the stand with one of the Tottenham staff for a chat after Tottenham score. Is this allowed? Are the EPL rules different from the UEFA ones?

VAR would have helped sort the bad decisions and help refs follow the laws of the game like the Champions league.

Can't come in quick enough

Yeah its worked out well in Serie A & La Liga in recent weeks :rolleyes:
    VAR makes bad refs worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    A question.
    Pochetino was suspended yesterday. What does that mean, is he allowed or barred from contact with the team during the game?
    I ask because during yesterday's game, he can be seen walking to the rear of the stand with one of the Tottenham staff for a chat after Tottenham score. Is this allowed? Are the EPL rules different from the UEFA ones?

This is the best clarification I could find on the interweb

He is not allowed any immediate contact with players, club officials and match officials participating in a match for the duration of the match.

Attending the dugouts and technical areas before, during and after the match.
    Entering the field-of-play and the prohibited area in the vicinity of the touchline and goal lines.
    Coaching or issuing instructions for the duration of the game.
    Engaging the match officials whilst they are on the field-of-play or in the tunnel and/or private way leading from the dressing rooms to the field-of-play.
    The manager under a Touchline Suspension is permitted to attend the team changing room pre-match, at half time and post-match. Furthermore, the individual is permitted to approach the match officials pre-match or post-match whilst they are in their dressing room and provided the match officials are agreeable to the approach.

Due to the nature of many grounds, the individual under a Touchline Suspension may stand behind the perimeter barrier surrounding the field-of-play but still remain sufficiently close enough to the field-of-play to allow them to continue coaching or issue instructions to the coaching / technical staff. This will be considered as a breach of the Touchline Suspension and supposedly will result in the FA preferring charges of misconduct against the manager.

For the duration of the game, a manager under a Touchline Suspension is NOT PERMITTED to communicate with the coaching / technical staff via radio or other electronic communication and is prohibited from having personal contact with any such persons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

VAR would have saved liverpool there.

VAR is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Chelsea
    Wonderful weekend for refereeing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Madness in this game, Fan runs on and punches Grealish

https://twitter.com/i/status/1104718026761490432

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Madness in this game, Fan runs on and punches Grealish

https://twitter.com/i/status/1104718026761490432

The cowardly **** hitting him from behind as well.

Chelsea
    That looks like Wee Man with a flat cap on doing a Jackass gag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    What's worse is if a Villa player hit him back he'd be sent off and banned by the FA.

Some fans are just beyond stupid. Hopefully a jail sentence for your man.

Chelsea
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    The cowardly **** hitting him from behind as well.

A few posters from Boards.ie Rep. of Ireland thread being called in for questioning as we post!

Well it is fair to say he is getting jail time. Never mind stadium ban.

Something much less severe happened in Rangers game the other night.

GavRedKing wrote:
    What's worse is if a Villa player hit him back he'd be sent off and banned by the FA.

To be fair it looks like the security was manhandled by them more than the perpetrator.
    Same thing nearly happened at Hibs vs Rangers too albeit by a touchline.

Chelsea
    Grealish scoring the winner now in the 90th minute from an offside position would be epic viewing!

Man Utd
    Sloppy defending by Burnley there. Way too slow in trying to clear their lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    A few posters from Boards.ie Rep. of Ireland thread being called in for questioning as we post!

Well it is fair to say he is getting jail time. Never mind stadium ban.

Something much less severe happened in Rangers game the other night.

Imagine if the looper had a knife. No way should he been able to get onto the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Newcastle
    Flattered that this discussion is in the Premier League thread.

Chelsea
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Imagine if the looper had a knife. No way should he been able to get onto the pitch.

I think Brum could face punishment for that themselves. Security in a game like that should be 100% bang on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Man Utd
    Where’s this ‘famous atmosphere’ we keep on hearing about in Anfield?

Biggest myth in football that. I’ve been at louder funerals.

Chelsea
    lol

Chelsea
    That Harry ad would make you want to do something other than shave with those blades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Man Utd
    Jesus yer man lives to post negative stuff about lfc,get a life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

He certainly comes across as a very bitter person. Imagine what he would be like if he was a city fan prior to the Arabs taking over :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chelsea

As consistent as Beamish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Obviously he's retaliating to the numerous Liverpool fans saying 'emptyhad' at every opportunity as if it's original or funny.

Man Utd
    ozzy jr wrote: »
    He certainly comes across as a very bitter person. Imagine what he would be like if he was a city fan prior to the Arabs taking over :D

Some people don’t like home truths it seems. Deemed as bitter for pointing out there’s no atmosphere at Anfield when there clearly isn’t today is there? Or do you think I’m wrong?

No problems when it’s posted in a certain other thread about other clubs though. Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

gstack166 wrote: »
    Some people don’t like home truths it seems. Deemed as bitter for pointing out there’s no atmosphere at Anfield when there clearly isn’t today is there? Or do you think I’m wrong?

No problems when it’s posted in a certain other thread about other clubs though. Hypocrisy at its finest.

:D

Ah jaysus man, I'm only winding you up. Will you stop taking things so seriously :)

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Lee Hendrie saying that any Brum fan would be embarrassed at that idiotic fan. Looking at the shot of some of the Brum fans in that stand behind the goal, there were a good few who didn't seem embarrassed at all.

Man Utd
    ozzy jr wrote: »
    :D

Ah jaysus man, I'm only winding you up. Will you stop taking things so seriously :)

Fair dues ;)

Chelsea
    blueser wrote: »
    Lee Hendrie saying that any Brum fan would be embarrassed at that idiotic fan. Looking at the shot of some of the Brum fans in that stand behind the goal, there were a good few who didn't seem embarrassed at all.

What shot? I am sure 99% of Birmingham fans are embarrassed and disgusted with the extremity of that going from social media reaction and Birmingham fan forums which I had a gawk at. I doubt he means overwhelmingly literally every other fan. There will obviously be the odd 'fan" that left their parents box room this morning, knocked back some dutch gold cans and headed to go to the game

Man Utd
    What shot? I am sure 99% of Birmingham fans are embarrassed and disgusted with the extremity of that going from social media reaction and Birmingham fan forums which I had a gawk at. I doubt he means overwhelmingly literally every other fan. There will obviously be the odd 'fan" that left their parents box room this morning, knocked back some dutch gold cans and headed to go to the game
    He did say "any" Birmingham fan, not "most" fans. As for the shot I referred to, there was a replay shown with a view from what looks it was taken from the halfway line on the far side of the ground as we look at it. The stand behind the goal was in the background of the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Chelsea
    The English Football League just issued a statement saying they condone the fan's actions. Someone needs to get them a dictionary

• Spurs
    Grealish scores haha

Fair play

Soz slightly off topic but still

Chelsea
    blueser wrote: »
    He did say "any" Birmingham fan, not "most" fans. As for the shot I referred to, there was a replay shown with a view from what looks it was taken from the halfway line on the far side of the ground as we look at it. The stand behind the goal was in the background of the shot.

He said "if you were a Brum fan, you would be embarrassed to see that"

In fairness, difficult to gauge someones real feelings when using reactions in real time from the far side of the ground and the shock of the incident the overwhelming reaction on these fans.

Everyone knows their is mentally lacking people like this guy in every walk of life and fans in almost every club rivalry who secretly or openly find this sh*t funny. He was clearly speaking in general terms. Not literally.
    Saying that he was coming out with some awful nonsense like the game should be abandoned etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Heaton man of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Gap cut to one. City bottling it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement