Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Man Utd
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Gap cut to one. City bottling it.

11 point swing since December would say otherwise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Man Utd
    Gap cut to one. City bottling it.

19789999.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chelsea
    Thank God justice prevailed and Lfc got the win today. The standard of officiating in the premier league is at an all time low imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Man Utd
    gstack166 wrote: »
    11 point swing since December would say otherwise :D

3 point swing since yesterday , I think they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    The referees doing there best this weekend to get an all expenses paid summer holiday in the UAE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chelsea
    Fairly expected results in the title race this weekend. City and pool miles too good.

Man Utd
    mightyreds wrote: »
    3 point swing since yesterday , I think they are

But they won yesterday so how are they ‘bottling it’

Bottling it would imply dropping points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Man Utd
    Sadio Mane is having a great season. Up to 16 PL goals now. Probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

Man Utd
    Great wind today

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    The referees doing there best this weekend to get an all expenses paid summer holiday in the UAE.

They deserve it, spending a couple of hours in that cess pit today would make anyone want a holiday.

Chelsea
    The deserve it, spending a couple of hours in that cess pit today would make anyone want a holiday.

What cess pit would that be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    They deserve it, spending a couple of hours in that cess pit today would make anyone want a holiday.

You really are just such a piece of work.

Man Utd

The blue moon in him is creeping out

Man Utd
    What cess pit would that be?

I said ‘today’ was only one game on so far.

Man Utd

Mask is slipping

• Advertisement

Man Utd

Why? I can’t reply to the garbage that others post with my own no?

Chelsea
    I said ‘today’ was only one game on so far.

There is plenty of games today.

So which one were you referencing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    But they won yesterday so how are they ‘bottling it’

Bottling it would imply dropping points.

You REALLY need to stop taking these posts so literally and seriously! You are doing yourself no favours. It was an awful attempt at a joke that didn't merit humouring! Nothing more.

Man Utd
    You REALLY need to stop taking these posts so literally and seriously! It was an awful attempt at a joke! Nothing more.

I agree with all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chelsea

Liverpool have got into his head like nothing on earth. Never seen an obsession so large on here. Absolutely 24x7 in his head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool back into favouritism

Man Utd

Where? So I can lay the **** out of it!

Man Utd

So much going on this thread I actually don't know whose going to react first, have to just wait and see

Man Utd
    mightyreds wrote: »
    So much going on this thread I actually don't know whose going to react first, have to just wait and see

I'm guessing he's full of it. Or I need to find this bookie....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Where? So I can lay the **** out of it!

They keep using those words but I don’t think they know what they mean.

Chelsea
    The funniest thing about this title race for me has been the level of insecurity and refusal to accept the fact that this was in their own hands for most of the season now that a lot of Liverpool fans have had. It is like the fear of failure has been overcome now, after all these decades with the acceptance of failure!

Rejection and taking offence at the labelling of favouritism when they were doing so well etc.

It is just a funny narrative to the whole thing that has emanated from Liverpool fans! I'd have more time for a Liverpool fan who stood up and said "we rightly have f*cked this up for ourselves" given the position we put ourselves in up to a couple of months ago. Sometimes a bit of honesty and smugness is merited!

That's just my (and from so many fans and media outlets, like it or not) opinion on it!

Cue impending onslaught!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Obviously he's retaliating to the numerous Liverpool fans saying 'emptyhad' at every opportunity as if it's original or funny.

But true.

Man Utd
    They keep using those words but I don’t think they know what they mean.

As expected, he was spoofing :cool:

No bookie is that stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Chelsea
    The funniest thing about this title race for me has been the level of insecurity and refusal to accept the fact that this was in their own hands for most of the season now that a lot of Liverpool fans have had. It is like the fear of failure has been overcome now, after all these decades with the acceptance of failure!

Rejection and taking offence at the labelling of favouritism etc.

It is just a funny narrative to the whole thing that has emanated from Liverpool fans! I'd have more time for a Liverpool fan who stood up and said "we rightly have f*cked this up for ourselves" given the position we put ourselves in up to a couple of months ago. Sometimes a bit of honesty and smugness is merited!

That's just my (and from so many fans and media outlets, like it or not) opinion on it!

Cue impending onslaught!

Liverpool have 73pts after 30 games and have only lost 1 game all season. Is that what you call ****ing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nice win for Liverpool

Cutting that December gap down to 1 point with 8 games to go is great :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

monkey9 wrote: »
    But true.

Yes , same as Anfield atmosphere being generally average.

Chelsea
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Mask is slipping

A couple of them slipping today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Man Utd
    Liverpool fans would noticing things slipping more than other fans anyway :pac:

Rejection and taking offence at the labelling of favouritism when they were doing so well etc.

Cue impending onslaught!

But do Liverpool fans not do that all the time? Isn't it our year every year? We're always going on about it being our year apparently. Are we not saying it's our year enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

They asked for it in fairness.

Man Utd
    But true.

Also true the original post about Anfield being a morgue today.

Chelsea
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Liverpool have 73pts after 30 games and have only lost 1 game all season. Is that what you call ****ing it up.

You are missing the point here. The messing it up is more a reference to the fact that your performances have clearly declined in some games at such a pivotal time.
    You put yourself in an unbelievable position, that 73 points doesn't reflect the performances/results of the last few months.
    Do you think you overachieved before the New Year? Or under achieved since?

It is the insecurity to accept this and claiming that you are content in the position you are now, if you reflect on the whole season that is slightly funny.

Dress it up as you like!

Chelsea

Your attempt at funny posts are about as midtable as the team you support :pac:

Is that because Steven Gerrard slipped that time. LOL

• Advertisement

Man Utd

Pick(ford) that out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Chelsea

Brains weren't passed down in your families it seems.

Chelsea
    But do Liverpool fans not do that all the time? Isn't it our year every year? We're always going on about it being our year apparently. Are we not saying it's our year enough?

Both narratives are funny!

I just think there has been a continuous paranoia on here since the City defeat when others are bigging up your chance this season. Even to the point that some can't take it as a compliment.

And yes I know there are some tedious posts on the throwing it away thing.

I am just reflecting on the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Man Utd

Touché

LOLROFLCOPTER YES
    ebbsy wrote: »
    Brains weren't passed down in your families it seems.

Well that was just plain rude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Man Utd
    You are missing the point here. The messing it up is more a reference to the fact that your performances have clearly declined in some games at such a pivotal time.
    You put yourself in an unbelievable position, that 73 points doesn't reflect the performances/results of the last few months.

It is the insecurity to accept this and claiming that you are content in the position you are now, if you reflect on the whole season that is slightly funny.

Dress it up as you like!

Not sure what point you are trying to make to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Liverpool are true favourites, simply because Klopp will probably “do a Klopp” and go out of another cup leaving a straight run at the title, City will be stretched with CL (holy grail) and FA Cup

Now that doesn’t take into account Klopp also “doing a Klopp” and bottling the league either

Still, I’d have Liverpool slightly ahead, all things considered

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Liverpool are true favourites, simply because Klopp will probably “do a Klopp” and go out of another cup leaving a straight run at the title, City will be stretched with CL (holy grail) and FA Cup

Now that doesn’t take into account Klopp also “doing a Klopp” and bottling the league either

Backtracking fail.

Was thinking you made it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    Wolves holding Chelsea comfortably enough at HT. Utd and Arsenal will be watching with interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Man Utd

Dress it up as you like!

The vast, vast majority of LFC fans would have said they were overachieving before christmas and they were unlikely to retain that level of performance over the season... we were on course to break City's 100 point season for god's sake. While the neutrals were happy to say it was Liverpool's to lose (just so they could set up the "bottling" tag for later in the season), Liverpool fans were acknowledging that it was unlikely to keep up that level over the season and that City would be more than capable of reeling in the gap, especially as they still had the home game against Liverpool... and that is exactly what happened.

We overachieved before christmas, no doubt, our level since then is probably more reflective of where the squad is.... still great, btw. One defeat - let's not forget that. Liverpool will probably finish second with a points total that would have won the league in virtually every other season.

Much more fun though to suggest they have bottled it by not continuing on a run of form which would have eclipsed City's record-breaking season last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Chelsea

Well, every bookie disagrees with you. You lumping on Liverpool then?

Man Utd
    dmigsy wrote: »
    Well, every bookie disagrees with you. You lumping on Liverpool then?

:cool:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement