Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Man Utd
    Some battle it’s going to be for 3rd and 4th.

If Chelsea win their game in hand there will be 3 points between the four sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Looks out of his depth. How much was he?

It was a very questionable transfer. I remember Jose saying a few months before he arrived:

"A team without a Brazilian is not a team"

"I worked with Brazilian players in every team I coached, and I enjoyed them a lot, everything they can give and also every problem they can create!

“But honestly, I enjoyed a lot, and who knows we can have a Brazilian in the squad next year. I don't believe it will be Willian, because Chelsea won't make it possible.”

Then we came in he never had any real intent on playing him. It seemed to be a signing from the cash kings at the club to feed more into the Brazilian market. That is all I can really make of it? It surely wasn't that much of a footballing decision.

• Spurs
    It was a very questionable transfer. I remember Jose saying a few months before he arrived:

"A team without a Brazilian is not a team"

"I worked with Brazilian players in every team I coached, and I enjoyed them a lot, everything they can give and also every problem they can create!

“But honestly, I enjoyed a lot, and who knows we can have a Brazilian in the squad next year. I don't believe it will be Willian, because Chelsea won't make it possible.”

Then we came in he never had any real intent on playing him. It seemed to be a signing from the cash kings at the club to feed more into the Brazilian market. That is all I can really make of it? It surely wasn't that much of a footballing decision.

Cool story bro, makes for easy wind up material for the ABUS tho :P

https://twitter.com/StatmanDave/status/1104813491960070144?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    Ole also blaming the win in Paris on the defeat today.

• Spurs
    At least he didn't put a D on the word win :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Crystal Palace

He's clutching at more straws than Wurzel Gummidge having a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Are you so sure or just making sh1t up again???
    Coming from a fan of the king of excuses, I'm sure you are an expert on them at this stage.

Chelsea

I am not an ABU "bro", I support Utd,

If you want to defend his signing and see him as a long term player, that is your perogative.

...bro.

It's nice to see the concerned committee find their way back to the surface after going missing since the Merseyside derby.

Man Utd
    Concerned committee # 2 was MIA from Aug-Dec ;)

• Advertisement

Crystal Palace

*Antiono Banderas gif*

• Spurs
    It's nice to see the concerned committee find their way back to the surface after going missing since the Merseyside derby.

Under a rock for 3+ weeks :P

• Spurs
    I am not an ABU "bro", I support Utd,

If you want to defend his signing and see him as a long term player, that is your perogative.

...bro.

Never said you were an ABU, bro

But challenge the post you made as it's not based in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Chelsea

One key stat conspicuously absent from that list...

To be fair I thought he was decent and the peno was v soft. Bigger error was the poor pass he played just before where he could have put someone in down the left.

• Spurs
    dmigsy wrote: »
    One key stat conspicuously absent from that list...

To be fair I thought he was decent and the peno was v soft. Bigger error was the poor pass he played just before where he could have put someone in down the left.

So one possible mistake justifies the nonsense posted about him here?

Fair play for acknowledging his good performance beyond what you say was an error.

I mean there are other utd players today who should be judged far harsher than Fred is today. Even Arsenal players for that matter. Actually thought Utd were the better side beyond the finishing. Not taking away anything from Arsenal they were more clinical ultimately.

As I said easy scapegoat or wind up material to finger point Fred.

One or the other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Chelsea
    So one possible mistake justifies the nonsense posted about him here?

Fair play for acknowledging his good performance beyond what you say was an error.

I mean there are other utd players today who should be judged far harsher than Fred is today. Even Arsenal players for that matter. Actually thought Utd were the better side beyond the finishing. Not taking away anything from Arsenal they were more clinical ultimately.

As I said easy scapegoat or wind up material to finger point Fred.

One or the other :)

Seriously? You seem a bit sensitive.

I said nothing about justifying anything said by anyone else. My comments are my own and i don't represent anyone else. It was an error - he gave the ball away instead of slipping someone in.

You're not beyond a windup yourself so cop on and suck it up. It's only a game and neither of us are playing in it!

Nice to get a few words from the vice chairman, I thought you'd gone to Reddit. (Great site by the way) ;)

Chelsea
    Fred, (or bro, whatever you want to be called) for a guy who spends most of his Boards time trying to wind up and cause friction and fishing for likes , you really are very precious when someone posts something you don't agree with.

Fred is not a 50 million pounds midfielder and a few stats drawn up in a 2-0 defeat won't convince me otherwise.

Crystal Palace
    Fred was fúcking shíte today tbh.

That story doing the rounds a few months ago bout the Shaktar owners laughing their holes off at uniteds transfer bid looks to be true and even more so after his performance against PSG where he was truly muck only out done by McTommmminays (spelling?) shíteness.

• Spurs
    dmigsy wrote: »
    Seriously? You seem a bit sensitive.

I said nothing about justifying anything said by anyone else. My comments are my own and i don't represent anyone else. It was an error - he gave the ball away instead of slipping someone in.

You're not beyond a windup yourself so cop on and suck it up. It's only a game and neither of us are playing in it!

Nothing sensitive about it. Your right it's just a game :)

• Advertisement

Fred was fúcking shíte today tbh.

That story doing the rounds a few months ago bout the Shaktar owners laughing their holes off at uniteds transfer bid looks to be true and even more so after his performance against PSG where he was truly muck only out done by McTommmminays (spelling?) shíteness.

That was a fake tweet,but whatever suits the narrative eh.

• Spurs
    Fred, (or bro, whatever you want to be called) for a guy who spends most of his Boards time trying to wind up and cause friction and fishing for likes , you really are very precious when someone posts something you don't agree with.

Fred is not a 50 million pounds midfielder and a few stats drawn up in a 2-0 defeat won't convince me otherwise.

Nice goalpost move

Chelsea
    Nice goalpost move

No goal post move.

My points, for your clarification.

1. It was a questionable transfer
    2. I don't think it was wholly driven by footballing reasons (hence why I say he is not a 50 million midfielder.
    3. You are very precious at times for someone who spends his time trying to wind people up !

That's about all "bro"

• Spurs
    No goal post move.

My points, for your clarification.

1. It was a questionable transfer
    2. I don't think it was wholly driven by footballing reasons (hence why I say he is not a 50 million midfielder.
    3. You are very precious at times!

That's about all "bro"

No your points were attacking a poster.

And absolutely nothing got to do with my discussion about Freds performance today

Chelsea
    No your points were attacking a poster.

And absolutely nothing got to do with my discussion about Freds performance today

"Attacking" a poster!

Christ, I can't handle this level of sensitivity!

Crystal Palace
    That was a fake tweet,but whatever suits the narrative eh.

Is there proof it was fake? Did the owners or anyone else involved in the story come out and say it didn't happen? It is an office story said to have taken place in Shaktar Donetsk so it's hard to corroborate if it's true or not. Can't recall if they did.

And in fairness the way he has played since he arrived at united fake tweet or no fake tweet he has been shíte so far.

• Spurs
    "Attacking" a poster!

Christ, I can't handle this level of sensitivity!

Nothing sensitive about it. It seems you are the one that can't handle it.

Again I've given legitimate reasons why Fred played well today as in discussing football in the general PL thread but you went off on a rant about me specifically.

Crystal Palace
    In fairness just because you chose to name yourself after such a shíte player doesn't mean you should be so sensitive and emotional when someone criticizes him for his shíteness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Again I've given legitimate reasons why Fred played well today as in discussing football in the general PL thread but you went off on a rant about me specifically.

Fred was rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Man Utd
    Where is Mr Banderas when you want him?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chelsea

Thought Fred was poor today. Must be the biggest waste of about 50 million in quite a while.

ShamoBuc wrote:
    Thought Fred was poor today. Must be the biggest waste of about 50 million in quite a while.

He is def on the list of biggest wastes. Although that list is featuring quiet a few post fergie united signings these days. Hopefully if ole gets the job they can sell on the rubbish and start signing players that suite their ilk such as callum wilson and lerma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea
      gstack166 wrote: »
      Where’s this ‘famous atmosphere’ we keep on hearing about in Anfield?

Biggest myth in football that. I’ve been at louder funerals.

Ssshhhhhhh be quiet they will hear ya:pac:

• Spurs

Ssshhhhhhh be quiet they will hear ya:pac:

They really need to invest in a signing section or something.

Crystal Palace
        Hard to pick between the shíteness of Fred or Sanchez since they joined united?

I'd probably go to say Sanchez is the bigger waste of money through wages paid and wages to be paid even though he didn't cost a transfer fee.

• Advertisement

Maybe we could just pump crowd chants through the pa system like they do at yer gaff

Chelsea

On the plus side it was so quiet you could hear the managers on sidelines give instructions, at least that was positive and interesting

• Spurs
        Mr.H wrote: »
        Maybe we could just pump crowd chants through the pa system like they do at yer gaff

Wasn't aware that was the case. I've not mentioned Utd but they moved the singing back into the Stretford end as per request from the supporters clubs. It's made a big difference to the atmosphere.

Crystal Palace
        Fingers crossed uniteds result today doesn't ruin Ole's chances of getting the job. Be tough to watch if they got a top level manager.

• Spurs

On the plus side it was so quiet you could hear the managers on sidelines give instructions, at least that was positive and interesting

It was very blustery so not so sure about that

• Advertisement

It would be interesting and even unique if you are a united fan. They wouldnt be use to a manager who actually has a say in the tactics :)

Chelsea
        It would be interesting and even unique if you are a united fan. They wouldnt be use to a manager who actually has a say in the tactics :)

Ya your right. I mean Moyes only won 1 trophy, Van Gaal only 1 won trophy and Jose 2 trophies at United

Compare to that to your manager who win bucket loads.

• Spurs
        Ya your right. I mean Moyes only won 1 trophy, Van Gaal only 1 won trophy and Jose 2 trophies at United

It's all about the hugs tho :)

Wasn't aware that was the case. I've not mentioned Utd but they moved the singing back into the Stretford end as per request from the supporters clubs. It's made a big difference to the atmosphere.

Joke. It was suggested a few years ago that united could pump chants through the pa system to bring in an atmosphere. In fairness the singing section has improved things a lot.

Anfield is brilliant for those top European nights but when it comes to the league fans are a lot quieter. Ive been to a lot of games and a few beers makes sure i am vocal but you get a lot sitting around you who will not sing. I can see how that mentality spreads. 12 on a saturday or sunday is an awful time to expect fans to be pumped. But we do need to improve. Still though on a european night no stadium in england can compete. Just wish it was like that all the time

Yea your right. United are in a much better place than liverpool

It's all about the hugs tho

You know you want a hug from klopp lol

• Spurs
        Joke. It was suggested a few years ago that united could pump chants through the pa system to bring in an atmosphere. In fairness the singing section has improved things a lot.

Anfield is brilliant for those top European nights but when it comes to the league fans are a lot quieter. Ive been to a lot of games and a few beers makes sure i am vocal but you get a lot sitting around you who will not sing. I can see how that mentality spreads. 12 on a saturday or sunday is an awful time to expect fans to be pumped. But we do need to improve. Still though on a european night no stadium in england can compete. Just wish it was like that all the time
        Fair point. My post was directly aimed at the atmosphere during the PL games. I agree the atmosphere for European nights is impressive at times.

Man Utd
        Solskjaer will still get the job though won't he?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I seriously think there should be a dedicated thread where Man U and Liverpool posters can just tear strips out of each other so every other poster is spared having to read the juvenile bull$hit!
        Jesus Christ lads, ye are grown adults and ye post like a bunch of 12 year olds. It's embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It's all about the hugs tho :)

I thought it was all about the "Thanks"

• Advertisement
      This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement